cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Control of Products on Ebay have declined

Ebay is not longer what it used to be, the products I once purchase on Ebay would be close to 100% on the mark, now about 50% of the items I purcahse on Ebay are either substandard or not as described. Many vendors are purchsiing imperfect batches and selling them as "perfect." In otherwords, they are not being forthcoming about the products they are selling. Also my requirements  of doing business with an Ebay vendor is 99.5% or better rating, even those vendors are not cutting it. However if someone complains, they are going all outs to correct it for the most part. But this means sending things back, packing it, paying a free, and so forth. Also I don't buy on price, I buy online for convienince and on one's rating. I am going to try the Amazon network going forward or buy in person. I have even come to the conclusiong that driving, paying tax and going to the mall is now a better value than buying on Ebay. I am not here to flame anyone, I love the Ebay concept and want to provide constructive feedback. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

based on the feedback you have been leaving since day 1, it does not appear as though your level of satisfaction has decreased very recently.

probably, buying local and in person would be better for your needs.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Actually I have not been really leaving a lot of feedback lately, in the old days, you had to. However I was just providing feedback, I really like the Ebay concept, I wish there were more sincerety here. But I know the insults will come in and while not all Ebay sellers resort to insults, it's a good reflection of many who sell on Ebay. I look fo forward to hearing from more of you, even if it means throwing stones, 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@character4trust wrote:

Actually I have not been really leaving a lot of feedback lately, in the old days, you had to.

Feedback has always been voluntary.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I suppose it depends a lot on what you are  buying. You are, of course, filing cases on items not as described. Right? 

Your accusations are too broad and general to really mean anything except as a warning that buyers really do need to carefully consider reading the listing carefully and reading a seller's feedback.

Of course, if nobody complains in the feedback that is unfortunate but it is unlikely that so so items with get a whole lot of really good feedback

Feedback has never been mandatory.

Radine

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I like this one left: "Please contact me as I am looking to have this person arrested"

Best Buddy List for sure

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@thevintagefarmer wrote:

I like this one left: "Please contact me as I am looking to have this person arrested"

Best Buddy List for sure

Well, in the bloodbath that is the OP's feedback left, that one is probably deserved. I'd never seen a seller with a (-6) before.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

As a seller I try to describe and photograph the condition of an item as well as I can. I have a 1.84% return rate. Anytime someone contacts me with an issue I try my best to solve immediately or give a full refund no return necessary. I believe most people are honest so I usually don't require them to return ship. There's slways an exception. But I csn attest to being sincere and that we ALL make mistakes.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Me too 4 items 3 fails I just got the thinnest t-shirt sold to me as a sweater.I bought a remote that only partly works and a velour pullover used but the waist was stretched to an extra extra large and I'm med and nothing that I've been satisfied with pictures do lie. For now eBay gets an Fbay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply