cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suddenly it hit me

So far I've been as cheerful as a person who is not sick or with a loved one or friend who is sick can reasonably be. For a while I slept a lot but then went back to my normal sleep pattern. But today it hit me like a ton of bricks, call it covid, jobs, "The Big Picture", loss of inventory sources, whatever.  I did get upset when  friend crowed to me about having huge sales compared to mine. I went from genuinely pleased for her to feeling like **bleep** about my own results. And I am no doubt among the lucky with still having something to sell!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

suddenly it hit me

Well, probably the sales you had was keeping you uplifted and busy.  I myself put my store on "hold" (vacation mode) three weeks ago because I didn't want to be standing in Post office lines or going to shops to buy packaging materials.  It has been hard not having the usual tasks that come with running the business, but that's alright, have to do what we can to stay safe and healthy!  Best of luck to you.

-Dippity

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

suddenly it hit me

@keziak  You totally are not alone.  I was already struggling with semi-retirement (just getting my head around it) and sales are pretty dead for me everywhere, I'm not sure if I should keep listing or not or what.  I feel at such loose ends.

The DH (database administrator) is working from home in his computer room, and it's pretty much just like work except without fluorescent lights and a whack HVAC system, so it's pretty much business as usual for him.  He's having a hard time grasping why I'm feeling at loose ends.

I'm just starting to get geared up into another mode now though - it just took some re-adaption.  

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

suddenly it hit me

Country singer Joe Diffie died of COVID today. Wondering how many more we'll lose.

Feeling depressed now.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply