eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Who is eBay to make me upgrade my browser??

in reply to phxcapgun

I use a specific browser for a specific reason ( a plugin I use).  Ebay is telling me to upgrade???  Who are they kidding??  Some silly inexperienced programmer must have written the code.  If their code can't work with IE 9 then THEY have a big problem.  I can easily live without ebay and this really turns me off.  I just needed another reason besides the deceptive chinese sellers- you order something and it takes 18 days to get to me because they misrepresented their location.  Now I must change my browser??  No way.

EBAY - retail is tough and getting tougher.  We have lots of alternatives - wise up or lose customers.

One more thing - many people do NOT have administrator rights to change their browser.  You just automatically lost them.  Good for you...

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Who is eBay to make me upgrade my browser??

in reply to phxcapgun

I completely agree!!  I've just about had it with the constant changes and now not letting me use their site unless I upgrade my browser???  What next, are they going to tell me to by a specific brand of new PC or smart phone?  OK Now every frigging website is going to have their own specific browser and set top box.  eBay is the perfect example of a 26 year old showing an old CEO a Power Point presentation about how great the new design will be without "the boss" ever even trying it on a "average" pc with an "average" speed internet connection.  My gosh I hate these big internet companies.  They just don't get it:  FAST and SIMPLE are the two most important things to users!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Who is eBay to make me upgrade my browser??

I had to back door into ebay from support to avoid upgrading my browser to IE10, is eBay my personal SYS ADMIN now?

Please use plain text.