eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Barbie Collectors

Hello, thanks for looking!  I have been through my books multiple times and I can't find this outfit.

It is an orange long lacket type orange knit, and a matching orange/blue dress.  A chain is attached to the neckline.  Both pieces have the vintage Barbie tag.  The hem is loose in the front of the dress.

I am not 100% certain these two pieces go together.  They were in a big group of vintage Barbie I purchased.  I couldn't ID either of these, and the orange on both match.

The dress has two small buttons in the back. 

Please help me solve this mystery before I tear my hair out!  

Thanks!

Barbie Collectors discussion

Been through 4 books,  several times overMVC-003S.JPG and about an hour on the internet,  can't seem to find this one.  Any help?  It has the black and white/Japan label and the YKK zipper in the back.  Tiny pearls at the empire waist,  cuffs and adorable bow at the back hemline.

MVC-002S.JPG

Hello, can you tell me your opinion on this Francie?  She came to me nude, and I dressed her in this Hair Happenins dress.  Also, she came on a non TNT body, though that doesn't necessarily mean anything Smiley Happy

I thought she was a Hair Happenin doll (head, at least), but her coloring is so much better than any and the hair style is different, too.  The hair doesn't LOOK like it has been cut, but maybe it has.  I was thinking maybe she was a TNT doll that lost most of its curl?  

Thanks so much for looking, and for any infoSmiley Happy

fran2.jpg

fran3.jpg

fran5.jpg

I am a vintage AND new Barbie Doll collector and am so very disappointed with the quality of the hair on the dolls being issued now, with dates of 2015 and 2016 on the boxes.  At first I noticed the hair was very electrostatic and flyaway but looking closer, I am finding that the hair has almost the same consistency as the silver colored tinsel we used to put on our Christmas tree!!!  I am so disappointed with Mattel.  Their prices aren't any lower so why are they going with cheaper materials in the manufacture of these wonderful dolls?  The only things I managed to salvage from the two dolls I bought on the weekend is their outfits; thank goodness they were at least semi decent, but still, now I have nothing to look forward to when I go shopping in the toy department any more and I feel like I've lost a fun pasttime Smiley Sad  (Niki)

Spoiler
Woman Sad

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 781 1936
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2
This is a topic with new unread messages 2 4
This is a topic with new unread messages 4 6
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 216 585
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 173 460