eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Antiques

Hi, I purchased this book at a local auction house a while back and I think it is a soldier's  scrapbook. Today I started reading it more trying to see if therewea a name in it and boy it is very strange.  There seems to be a lot with numerology and Scripture is this normal for one of these type books?  Is it a Soldier's scrapbook or something else?  Thank you!

Scan-018.jpgScan-019.jpgScan-020.jpg

Antiques discussion

Hi guys! I'm new around here, and I know absolutely nothing about this type of stuff...not even sure what category they would fit into - stamps? Ephemera? I was digging around in the bottom of an old box of stuff, and I came across these old envelopes.

One of them appears to be from 1835. The rest are all 19th century it seems. Some of them appear to have slogans and pictures on them. I did a little research on one of them, and I think it's addressed to Senator John W. Denver from Congressman Randall L. Gibson in the year both of them died - 1892. None of them have their actual letters still in them.

I honestly don't know what to make of them. I'd like to display them somehow, but I don't want to do that if they're valuable as they're fairly fragile. Does anyone know much about this kind of thing? Your assistance is much appreciated!!

:smileyhappy:

Mae

Antiques discussion

Hi , Could I have some help with the marks on these two cloisonne bottle vases , are they Chinese or Japanese ? 19thc ? One is 12cm the other 12.5cm

Many  thanks in advance , Ellie.

IMG_9792.JPG

IMG_9794.JPG

IMG_9796.JPG

IMG_9797.JPG

Antiques discussion

Jan 29, 2015 10:34:58 AM PT

Signature on Cloisonne , Chinese I think .

Hello Folks,

I recently purchased 2 Griswold No. 18 muffin pans.  Although they are the same "model", the markings on each are quite different. 

The first muffin pan is made of thinner cast iron than the other.  The top handle is marked "GRISWOLD'S" and the bottom handle is marked "ERIE NO 18".  The bottom side of the lower handle is marked "6141".  There are no other markings.

The second muffin pan has no markings on the top side, but the bottom of each muffin cup has markings that include "No.", "18", "GRISWOLD", "ERIE PA.", "U. S. A.", and "6141".  The cast iron of this pan is heavier than the other one.

I presume that the first muffin pan is the earlier one of the two.  I've read that there are named variations for this #18 pan.  I don't have the Griswold Muffin Pan book, but I was hoping someone reading this thread might have a copy.  Specifically, I was interested in knowing which variations these pans are and when they were likely manufactured.

Any knowledgeable Griswold collectors out there who might be willing to assist?  Thanks in advance!

grmuff1 top.jpg
Top Side of First Muffin Pan

grmuff2 bottom.jpg

Bottom Side of Second Muffin Pan

Antiques discussion

I have an object to sell that needs an ID. It is pictured below. It is hand-carved hardwood with a wooden spool of thread and a heart shaped carved opening. Any help will be appreciated. 

Antiques discussion

Does anyone recognize these uniforms. All from same album/family. The 2 young guys are from Salem, MA. and on back states Class of '83 and Class of '84, Capt. Petier from Troy, NY and the other 3 are from New York City. Are these fraternal? Or maybe Cavalry from the 1870's - 1880's? See attached pics. Anyone recognize them, let me know. Thanks in advance!!

Antiques discussion

Jan 30, 2015 10:02:26 AM PT

Does Anyone Recognize These Uniforms

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 3
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 7
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 1
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 5
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 4
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1