eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Antiques

DSC_0005.jpgDSC_0006.jpgDSC_0001.jpgThe base piece is made of cast iron. It is painted black with gold highlighting. It has Patented Feb 17, 1874 stenciled on the underside. The base is 3" in diameter and it stands about 1 3/4" to the top of the bent spring. I don't think it is electrical as there aren't wire connections and the spring contacts the cast iron base and is  not isolated like a heating element would be. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Antiques discussion

warm5.jpg

Antiques discussion

Hi all, I wonder if any of you experts can give me any information on this pocket watch. It is quite small - the 50p in the photos is for scale purposes. I would like to find out its age and value if possible. The front cover is missing and I would like to get this replaced.

Thanks in advance!

Antiques discussion

Jan 25, 2015 12:44:03 PM PT

Pocket watch information

Have owned this captivating artwork for many years -- 20 at least  -- but know nothing about the artist, country of origin, subject matter or anything else.  Looks to be an original pen and ink sketch, but with the color added I realize it could easily be an etching.  Have not taken the backing off, but it looks original and old (looked old when we bought it).

Fabulous scenery, contemplative figure in ethnic clothing, all done in muted colors.

Am adding photos of the picture itself with closeups of signature and other information written within artwork hoping someone will recognize any part of what is being shown.

Signature looks like Tanketerenez or Tanketerinez, and I have found the last name of Tanketer, but nothing else and no Tanketer in the art world found by me on the Internet.  When we first purchased this picture the Internet was nothing like it is now, which is one reason (excuse) for knowing virtually nothing about this work.

The additional information written within the artwork itself says, "BACZKA    A. E.  (or A. F.) OP III.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give!

Mrs. Marbleman

Antiques discussion

I bought this chair about from an estate sale over 20 years ago and have tried over the years to have it identified and valued to no avail. I have always thought it was English Arts and Crafts but would like more evidence. It has lion paw carved arms and legs, Queen Anne or sleigh style back and seat, and Windsor style spindles. The hardware is brass with a sort of greenery design. The recline system is hinges attached at the front frame and the stretcher between the back legs. The full recline position lays the back on the stretcher. I have included photos. Can anyone finally help me with some information on this chair that I have loved for so long if for nothing more than its perceived uniqueness?

Antiques discussion

Jan 26, 2015 7:10:11 PM PT

Morris chair - English?

I have a watch chain made of blond hair that is discolored, but otherwise stable.  The metal parts are gold or gold fill with a black enamel band.

Can this be safely cleaned? I figure hair would be ok wiht baby shampoo, but not sure anything would happen to it where it contacted the metal? Thanks!

Antiques discussion

Jan 25, 2015 11:40:32 AM PT

cleaning and care of victorian hair jewelry?

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 5
This is a topic with new unread messages 2 6
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 3
This is a topic with new unread messages 7 9
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 3
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 5
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 1 15
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2