eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Antiques

I have a heavy bronze vase that has an inscription on the inside bottom, but I am not sure if it is of Chinese or Japanese origin to even begin to identify it. Any help with it will be greatly appreciated! Thank you. Katie

bronze_1.jpg

bronze_2.jpg

bronze_mark.jpg

Antiques discussion

I have this book  Shakespeare's complete collection Pembroke edition Volume 2 Thomas Y Crowell co. New york.

I have seen so many versions on the net but not any that look like mine. Any help would be great!

Antiques discussion

All I know is that this is a coil basket.. Any help all identifying origin, materials (-is the dark wrap twin) etc. would be spectacularly wonderful. Thank you for your consideration, Misty

Antiques discussion

May 20, 2015 1:02:21 PM PT

Basket Help

Is this of any value?

Antiques discussion

May 20, 2015 10:58:53 AM PT

What is this?

hi  ~~  didnt  know were  else to ask...

I  have an  antique  spun  glass  tree top  angel....from national  tinsel  co...her  paper  die  cut  face  has  puckered  paper....any  way  to  repair    that?   a  quick  fix?   

thanks  for any info...sheila 

Antiques discussion

May 20, 2015 5:01:38 PM PT

puckered paper repair

I found this plaque today and immediately assumed it was a modern reproduction of a plaque that commemorated the 50th anniversary of Chopin's death at a young age of 39. Upon closer inspections I am beginning to think this plaque may actually be over 115 years old. It measures 10.75" in diameter and weighs 5 pounds!

It appears to have been hand made and fabricated possibly by the lost wax method of sculpture. The are multiple example of the numbers 1, 8, and 9, all of which are slightly different and not machine stamped which would make them identical...I think.

I have researched a bit and can find coin sized medallions (that commemorate Chopin) up to 3" large but cannot find an example as large as the one I found. I can not see any OBVIOUS artist signatures but can see very faint lettering intermingled with the dappled background. My eyes might be playing tricks on me but I DO see letters and words when held in certain light. I tried to show this in the third photo.

Are there any bronze sculpture experts out there that may be able to offer me some insight?

Antiques discussion

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 3
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 0
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 2
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 3
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 9
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 0
This is a topic with new unread messages 2 3