cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-Eclipse Eye Candy Wednesday

You can take your eclipse glasses off now. Post some eye candy if you've got it.  Keep the images smaller to speed loading, and as usual nothing from a live auction.

The purse just popped up this weekend - 1920s Whiting & Davis.  Not going anywhere for a while.  The opal cross and the black Hawiian coral dolphins sold long ago.  

Signed Whiting & Davis purseSigned Whiting & Davis purseOpal cross - long goneOpal cross - long goneHawaiian black coralHawaiian black coral

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Antique Foster and Bailey (F&B) gold fill bracelet with glass "amethysts". 

The quality of these old GF pieces is really something and wow, have they stood the test of time!

brace.jpg

Are you lookin' at me? 

Cameo duo brooch. 

cameoduo.jpg

Coral necklace I got at the Sally Ann just before Easter.

I hardly ever get items there anymore because you know "things have changed..." blah blah

It has a nice clasp. 

coralnecklace.jpg

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I love bouncing those mesh purses in my hand. They have a great feeling. Very pretty design, too. Nice weekend score, ev!

You're right about the gold filled pieces, arlene. They do maintain their beauty over time. The cameo brooch is doubly good 😄!

Here are some dearly departed. 

Carved and laminated Lucite red setter (I once had a dog that was a setter and a pointer. An upsetter and a disappointer. Yuck, yuck!)

redsetter1.JPG

Castlecliff fishies swimming in Lucite necklace:

castleclifffish2.JPG

Trio of Art Deco French bakelite bangles:

frenchphenolic1.jpg

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Couldn't find a newer eye candy, so I am going to post it here. Found an estate sale Fri that hadn't been hit by the old men in the area. Bought 4 bags. Almost had heart failure.Juliana set first thing out of the bagJuliana set first thing out of the bagBarrera for  Avon heart necklaceBarrera for Avon heart necklaceJuliana Clear earrings.Juliana Clear earrings.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

These are staying with me out of the bag. Most are unsigned but beautiful.  Still have some that I have to look into so there will be at least one more post.

All clips that I have taken to wearingAll clips that I have taken to wearingWish the Bug had a name. It is very well made.Wish the Bug had a name. It is very well made.Butterfly chain says Avon but internet says Betsy Johnson, doesn't matter isn't  going anywhere.Butterfly chain says Avon but internet says Betsy Johnson, doesn't matter isn't going anywhere.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

WooHoo!!  You go girl!! 

Makes ya feel good all over to get your hands on some good treasures all in one spot!  And you beat the 'old dudes' out too!  😀  

The star pin is interesting..are those genuine stones? 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I'm so excited for you, scifi! Love everything you bought. There's no drink or drug that can compare to a great score 😃. Congratulations!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I haven't tested them. Never occurred to me.  I will check it tomorrow. Would be interesting if they are. The Barrera is heading to a new home tomorrow. Sold fast.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

In baseball a home run is also called a 4 bagger, congrats on hitting a home run!

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Congrats!  Wonderful finds.  I'm really happy for you.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thanks everyone. This is the last big name item from the bags. I tested the stones from the star brooch. They were glass but I plan on keeping it. It is just unusual enough for me.  Went back to the estate sale and found some other non-jewelry deals so it was a good time for me.

Marked Christian DiorMarked Christian Dior

Message 11 of 11
latest reply