eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Jewelry & Gemstones

Good morning all...I was directed here by a friendly member from the collectibles forum.  I have a couple of questions and I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out a bit. 

I picked up a few pieces at a sale that I would like to sell, however, before posting them I was hoping someone could tell me an approximate age?  they look vintage, however, they are very tarnished so I'm having a difficult time determining if they are old or just dirty  - I posted photo's below.

Also, is sterling always marked?

2 rings are marked sterling, the blue stone ring and the clear glass ring that resembles a diamond.  I'm assuming it's a rhinestone as I can't imagine a diamond would be paired up with a sterling mount.

The turquoise ring is marked 925LOL?

The other rings do not have any marks. Could they still be silver?  if not, what do you think they are made of?

The bracelet is marked 14k.  I was hoping someone could tell me if it's a newer piece or vintage.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm not very knowledgeable in the jewelry department.  Thanks in advance and have a fantastic weekend. :smileywink:

ring.jpg

Above - Is the ring on the top right (green stone, no markings) silver?

Same question on the turquoise ring (middle)

Red stone?

Below -What are the blue stones?

ring6.jpg

Is the ring below old or dirty? stone?

ring5.jpg

Vintage?  Note the random green stone, any idea why it was added?

ring4.jpg

ring3.jpg

ring7.jpg

Ring2.jpg

Jewelry & Gemstones discussion

Greetings and I hope I chose the Right Group to aid me with this lovely Jade bracelet. I have spent hours researching, and am only becoming MORE confused!
So counting on one of you to give me the Correct Info before I list this bracelet. I was told it is Lavender Purple Jade by the lady I bought it from. I haven't seen any with this Rectangle Cut stone. Is that rare? The stones are such a VIVID color, except for the paler one. I was told this is Natural. What ERA is it from?
I'm even thinking it might be Victorian or Deco? It is stamped Sterling. Any help Appreciated!! Thank you in advance! Can't wait for comments! :smileyhappy:
Jade Bracelet Boards 002.jpg
Jade Bracelet Boards 003.jpgJade Bracelet Boards 004.jpgJade Bracelet Boards 001.jpg

I love genuine gold jewelry, and was distressed to read recently that fake gold items were being imported to the USA from China, stamped 14, 18, and 22 k gold.

Today, I noticed many listings on eBay for these punch type tools to stamp inferior gold colored metal with a gold 18k stamp..

I consider this criminal activity...and these stamping tools should be banned.?

Here is just one of many, many listings.

Hi, does anyone recognize this little girl? She looks vaguely familiar as a possible story book character? Nice old pin, good weight. Thanks in advance pep119

Mar 1, 2015 12:01:06 PM PT

Help Identifying Little Girl Pin

I have looked all over the place, including the site...no luck - this ugly  brooch I keep putting back into the old "I'm going to yardsale it" box....help if you can.

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 4
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 6
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 5
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 3
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 1 11
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2