eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

A Part-time eBay Sellers Group

Why is my list of items to ship replaced by an ad from "SPONSOR"? I see some ad with photo of Oprah instead?
I PAY EBAY TO USE THIS SITE to list and sell my items and I certainly hate to get  interrupted when trying to print shipping labels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Part-time eBay Sellers Group discussion

I bought a product that has clearly been used, I sent two emails to the seller and no response. I have been on hold with Ebay customer service for an hour and 18 minutes.... Please give me advice on how to reach them and get my money back. 

Jun 1, 2015 10:15:18 AM PT

worst customer service

Just like McDonald's eBay can be brought down too. They have gotten too big, don't care about their customers, and with enough people fighting back, it can happen. Of course as I always have said, the more complex the more corrupt. I think it is time for someone to investigate them.

I am seeing an increase in the number of posts that are really insulting. The tried and true SELLERS on here that have been giving advice for years and helping other sellers and yes, an occasional buyer, are getting called names for just trying to help.

This group helped me tremendously when I first started out. If I asked a question, I got a response that was helpful. Lately it seems there are a few that really don't want help but just want to let out some anger. None of us work for ebay. We spend time on the boards trying to strengthen the community of honest sellers who need help in areas they are unfamiliar. None of us deserve to be called names. We do this on our own time as a service to this community. If people would stop and really read posts, they would see that despite there being a little snark, we are giving info that it would take hours to get from ebay.

We seem to be an angry society. People sit home anonymous behind their computers and call others names and say terrible things. Is this neccessary? I have experienced it on other social media outlets. You post something innocent and all of a sudden people are calling you names.

Personally, I would never buy from a seller that posts negative, nasty things about people who are trying to help. And if you think buyers can't google what you have said on these boards, think again. Calling buyers out or names will scare away the good buyers out there.

Jun 1, 2015 1:02:29 PM PT

Can't we all play nice?

I have an eBay store that has been very successful and has made eBay a lot of money. But they just screwed me and not only will I loose money they will too. They told me I had too many defects or people using the " not as described" button. One was a women who bought a brand new purse and said that it looked dingy. Another one said her brand new purse wasn't shiny enough. Really?! These are valid complaints. I was on the phone with Nel and kacy and both would not budge even though I offered a full refund to these ladies and neither one accepted it. The other one was for a jacket, even though the complete measurements were there they said it didn't fit. I took the jacket back even though I have a no refund policy. Get this, Nel said I shouldn't have done that but to escalate it to them. They call it a defect because I did the right thing and refunded the client. Stupid right! I told them about how easy it is to mis-use this policy. They always believe the seller when the "not as described" button is use, so I put a scenario to him. Let's say I'm a business man and I have a competitor I want to hurt, I know they have a successful eBay store so I get 5 people from around the country, pay them to buy something from him then use the "NAD" button to complain. It is that easy. He said eBay would catch that, really? Having 5 people, from different areas over a 5 week period, I don't think so, remember they think someone complaining that her purse wasn't shinny enough was a valid complaint. I have started to sell on tradesy, and poshmark. eBay has gotten too big it don't even know what it is doing anymore. I told kacey I would still run my store even though I have been limited, but I will no longer spend my average of $5000 + a year on their site and will encourage my 100's of friends to do the same, and that their stupid policy will cost them thousands, he said, that's fine, eBay will survive and they really don't need my money. Yes that is the real eBay. Please pass it on, don't use ebay

Jun 1, 2015 6:11:05 PM PT

eBay policies are just stupid

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 739 19561
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 739 19561
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 373 2163
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 998 1376
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 26 27
This is a topic with new unread messages 2 2
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 1