eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Merry Christmas

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

A Part-time eBay Sellers Group

I am constantly reading in the Selling board that to be TRS, you only have to print the shipping label within 1 business day. (And also that even non-TRS handling time constitutes when you upload tracking) That when you get it to the post office really doesn't matter.

This ticks me off a bit ....

The tracking/handling portion of the TRS states

Tracking requirements:

You've uploaded valid shipment tracking to My eBay within your promised handling time for at least 90% of transactions with US buyers in the last 3 months.
  • 1 business day handling time:  If a buyer pays on Tuesday, you need to upload tracking by 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time on Wednesday.

• Same business day handling time:  If you offer same business day handling, you also have 1 business day to upload valid tracking information. For example, if a buyer pays on Tuesday at 10:00 am Pacific Time, you need to upload tracking by 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time on Wednesday. The tracking number must have at least one carrier scan recorded within your promised handling time.

• Handling time is measured in business days. Weekends and holidays aren't counted. For example, if you specify 1-day handling time and a buyer pays on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, you need to upload tracking by 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time on Monday.

The definition of handling time is how long it takes to ship your item. NOT how long it takes to print your label!!!

Your handling time = Out the Door time.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/contextual/domestic-handling-time.html

Handling Time

The handling time is the number of business days the seller will take to ship the item after receiving your cleared payment

So .... just printing the label and hanging on to it until whenever you get around to it makes a mockery of those of us to do our dammdest to get the package into the carrier's hands within 1 business day.

GRRRR .... end rant

Happy Christmas Eve all :smileyhappy:

I knew I shouldn't have started to browse around after posting my decoration pics :smileytongue:

A Part-time eBay Sellers Group discussion

Dec 24, 2014 11:12:03 AM PT

Definition of Handling Time - Mini Rant

I just had an item returned for a refund and didn't realize that the buyer never opened an INAD case against me. Is this unusual?

return.jpg

I thought "cases" were refferred to as "requests" now, but I guess not really.

Dec 23, 2014 12:16:52 PM PT

Return requested without opening a case

On Sunday afternoon, I was browsing through ebay listings, looking for a bathrobe for my grandson. Under 'Boys fleece robe' the first item listed was this one (link below) from Target. I was so surprised!

There's no way you can tell it's a commercial ad until you click on it. 

Is this 'normal' now? I'm used to seeing sponsored ads at the foot of the page (bad enough) but not heading up regular listings.

This one really bothered me. If I wanted to buy from Target, I'd have gone to Target. 

When I looked again today, the Target ad was no longer in #1 position, but had slipped to half-way down the page. Small compensation - IMHO it shouldn't be there at all!

Dec 22, 2014 6:25:06 PM PT

'Target' ad in listings

Do you know all the words to your favorite Christmas song?

My favorite for the night is..... Let it Be Christmas by Alan Jackson (I think) and no I don't  know all the words.

Dec 22, 2014 6:05:57 PM PT

Favorite Christmas Song

I'm not lying =)  The "answers" aren't all that relevant, but publicity is publicity.

Bring on the braniacs!

I know that I had one lady who insisted that her blue shoes were black and hit them, but they must have been hit again since they dropped from 4.9, to 4.7 and now I just checked and they're 4.6.  It's frustrating as I try to describe items, take lots of pics, add everything possible in the title, yet eBay rates a 4.0 as being good but can suspend my selling rights for being at a 4.  Is there anything I can do?  Thanks.

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 441 16935
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 6
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 441 16935
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 6
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 121 1534
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 26 688
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 151 357
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1