eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Pottery, Glass & Porcelain

Cool looking bottle I found with a metal cap that twists to open and close a small hole in the center of the cap. Measures about 7" tall by 4" wide. The words on the cap are in German. The number "153" is embossed on exterior near bottom f piece. There is also an illegibale embossed name ont he bottom.

Is this a talcum powder holder? Something to dispense liquid? Is it missing something or perhaps part of another device? I'm stumped.

IMG_4955.JPG

IMG_4956.JPGIMG_4957.JPGIMG_4958.JPG

Pottery, Glass & Porcelain discussion

Hello. Firstly the bowl is not marked at all. It measures 10" wide by 6" tall. Nice heft to it. I tried to use google images to ID the pattern but came up with nothing.

It sort of has an early art deco look to it with the chevron spike motif. The unusual or different thing about this bowl is the the bottom and foot are fully glazed. There is no unglazed rim on the foot of the bowl like you see on most of these older ones.

Any ideas as to the maker? I know Red Wing fully glazed some of their bowls...but who knows.

Any help would be appreciated.IMG_4962.jpgIMG_4963.jpgIMG_4965.jpg

OK, this is a very different type of glass that I normally deal in. Judging from the bottom of the base, it could be maybe 1960s? Definitely molded.

The thing that caught my eye is there are several techniques involved which makes me thinkith that it is a higher quality piece. The woman I bought this from was selling her mother's estate and she said she bought it from an antique shop years ago (for whatever that is worth)

Green overlay on stem & bottom of bowl - kind of a matte green finish but not frosted, something fused

Yellow stain around rim and at foot

Intaglio cutting where the fans are, can feel & see ridges between the fans blades and carved at a 45degree angle (I don't think you can do this with a wheel?)

Cut punties at base

Cuts around the upper 3rd of bowl under the bouquets of flower and fans (eyebrows)

If you look close at the flowers, you can see the wheel cut flowers at the stems, are filled with that same green color

Clear ballastrade between stem and foot

7 1/2" Tall x 8" Diameter at Bowl

Anyone???  I'm racking my brains on this one! Thanks!

Green Compot.JPG

Green Compote.JPG

Green Compote1.JPG

Green Compote2.JPG

Green Compote3.JPG

Green Compote5.JPG

Hi, I have this really nice swirled art glass vase with no signature.....

ArtGlassSwirlVase.jpg

ArtGlassSwirlVase2.jpg

The vase is about 8" tall

Thank you!

Juli

Jan 28, 2015 4:50:10 PM PT

Art Glass Vase - Any idea who did it?

This vase is just under 10 inches in height and weighs 3 pounds 6 ounces.  No signatures or marks.  It is ground and polished on the entire bottom.  The glass is cased or layered, it almost looks like a vase within a vase.  The outside is textured with what looks and feels like drops of glass that were drizzled all over the vase.

When I first saw it on the TS shelf I thought Whitefriars but I am sure it is not by them.  After checking it over, the bottom makes me think Murano but I could not find anything like it.  I am also thinking Scandinavian might be a possibility.

Any help with the maker, age and origin of this vase would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  :smileyhappy:

Hello - I purchased these two pieces of what I believe are Meissen. They were set up as a cup(demitasse) and saucer. However, I think the 'saucer' is actually a small dish because the flat surface diameter is much bigger than the cup. In researching the mark, I obviously saw many pieces of blue onion. The decoration on my pieces appear to be very close to the Blue Onion with the exception of the colors. Would this pattern be called Blue Onion or 'Zwiebelmaster'? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 7
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 7
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 4
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 0 10
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 0 10
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 3
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 6
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1