cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair eBay Decision to Seller

Bought and used the new shipping/tracking label from eBay and payed the USPS/eBay calculated price for it. The post office at destination asked for 40 cents more from the buyer.

When I was told by the irate customer I offered to refund the difference of the 40 cents.

Buyer responds with NO but wants "pay for my time to run home to get the money.

Also, pay for my car, the gas to the post office - my time waiting AND the 40 cents.

Then gives me nasty negative feedback. Cost me higher eBay fees, knocks my rating down.

All this from using the eBay tracking label. This label was inaccurately calculated

I write to eBay and they side with the buyer and will not remove feedback and what goes with it.

After being with eBay for more than 20 years  I've had it and I have decided to wind down my shop and my purchases with eBay.  They can be so unfair.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

If postage is due it's because YOU measured/weighed it incorrectly.

Your feedback responses are unprofessional.

Your negative feedback should stick because you made errors.

Should learn from it and correct your mistakes.

Message 2 of 51
latest reply

It is your responsibility to check that the label is correct before you purchase it. They give you a chance to review before paying. Sounds like you did not have the weight of the item right. 

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

The postage is calculated based on what is entered when printing the label.  Mistakes are charged postage due.

Message 4 of 51
latest reply

I feel bad for you all this over 40 cents, I have paid postage due a couple of times and didn't make a fuss. One seller reimbursed me the other I let go, I have bigger and more important things to do with my time,

Happy Holidays!

Message 5 of 51
latest reply

Not sure why PO requested .40, if you use ebay's labels and your off on the postage, USPS take's it back from your fee's.

Message 6 of 51
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

Not sure why PO requested .40, if you use ebay's labels and your off on the postage, USPS take's it back from your fee's.

Postage errors are charged to the sender's account IF the problem is identified by the APV system at the sorting center.  

Did you use eBay's "Standard envelope"? In this case, apparently the buyer's local Post Office decided that this item required payment of the 40-cent "nonmachinable surcharge," probably because it was too rigid or not flat enough.

Message 7 of 51
latest reply

By the looks of the scenario, you under reported the weight  or dimensions of the parcel. Its the seller/shipper responsibility to have accurate weight & dimensions or else the recipient might get billed for insufficinet postage or if you're lucky the USPS auto bills you for the insufficient postage.  Sorry, this wasn't an ebay issue.  Please be careful next time.

Message 8 of 51
latest reply

Yeah, the nasty comments from others were uncalled for, from both posters AND the buyer.

A .40 overage, and buyer was charged? Pretty sure that sounds like a postal worker not understanding the ebay Standard Envelope, OR possibly, the OP used a rigid top loader or something to cause it to be non machinable.

If I was @zobal99 I'd be refunding the buyer the .40 and not a penny more. Not sure though if ebay allows you to refund less than a dollar, so there's that as well. (Even though they're happy to remit a less than dollar payout for some reason).

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 51
latest reply

They want to be reimbursed for their subsequent costs? No. Refund them the postage due. eBay says they or the seller is not responsible  for subsequent damages caused by the item or the transaction going awry.

Message 10 of 51
latest reply

3 negs in a month with 'responses' as if though you were talking to that person when in reality you are showing ALL future buyers you are NOT someone to deal with, is NOT great.

Your responses needed to be 'Sorry you are unhappy, I was happy to help you as I offered in the best manor possible'

Vague, promising, FUTURE buyers have really NO idea how you are or what happened. 

But, you look like someone most can deal with (should you have responded like that)

Message 11 of 51
latest reply

I never said they should.

They need to be refunded for additional costs.

I personally would add like a 5% Discount for the order for an inconvience.

If I was the buyer I'd not have picked it up and filed INR.

Small transactions aren't worth the wait in the post office.

Message 12 of 51
latest reply

Are you talking about the Ebay Standard Envelope?

I didn't think you could ship roach clips using it?

Have a great day
Message 13 of 51
latest reply

Whelp it be a 1st I've heard of since they started using the APV

Message 14 of 51
latest reply

I don't know what's worse... the 40 cent thing or the OP's childish and defensive replies to the negative and neutral feedbacks received...

Message 15 of 51
latest reply