cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive Impressions Decrease

So I have 2 Ebay accounts and from the 8th to the 10th my impressions have dropped 90%. Here are the numbers for both accounts. Promoted impressions were 88,800 organic 40,000. Today promoted are 18,000 and organic are 9,300. That is a massive decrease. Here's my second account, on the 8th, promoted 114,350 organic 54,000. Today promoted 21,940, organic 10,750. And this is on top of me listing double my average over the weekend. This is not right. 

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 12-02-41 Advertising dashboard.pngScreenshot 2023-10-10 at 12-13-14 Advertising dashboard.png

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@florida_resale if you look above those charts, you'll see a note that says "Metrics are reported in near-real time, allow approximately 72 hours to reconcile. All reporting data will be in your site timezone."

Unfortunately, it's difficult to look at today's numbers to try to determine if there is something going on because eBay themselves says it can take up to 72 hours to reconcile and we've seen many examples in this forum before where those numbers can and do change over that 72 hour period.

To be clear, I'm not saying you are wrong to be concerned about this or that there isn't possibly something broken, just letting you know that eBay will say there's nothing wrong with what you are showing in your screenshots and it's all just working as intended with their 72 hour reconciliation - just like they did in this previous thread.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Significant-Drops-in-eBay-Impressions-and-Organic-Page-Views-A... 

My advice would be to take screenshots of those reports over the next few days and if you're still noticing the numbers have dropped significantly after they've past that 72 hour mark, report it to support and post back here as well.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

eBay has taken away impressions and you have to buy them back by promoting at 25%+ and using promoted advanced and promoted display and offsite ads. Also, you can use markdown manager and send out coupons.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

That's funny, these stats include promoted listings which I have on. This decrease has to do with something ebay has done to the site in a way that's broke the site. 90% in 2 days when you list double is insane. I mean im literally the only guy with a used copy of "The History Of Violence" VHS on ebay and it only has 2 watchers. That item should have many many watchers. I sell vhs and I usually have tapes that rare sell immediately. Ebay is broke. I have almost 400 followers, most who buy VHS from me daily. I listed a decent amount over the weekend and they have 0 views. That's not even possible when almost 400 people should be getting a update on my new items not to mention the news letter that goes out every Monday. So not 1 of those people looked at anything when usually I have immediate sales when posting these types of items. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I could not agree more!, It's Broken!

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

from the 8th to the 10th my impressions have dropped 90%

From the 8th to the 10th the impressions that eBay reported dropped 90%.

You mentioned a drop in impressions, but was there a drop in sales?

eBay has not always been perfect at counting things.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I think there is a delay in compiling and reporting. My graph always looks like that, with the dip in the last say 48 hours. This time despite my having had increased sales over those 48 hours.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Oh definitely a drop in sales. I wouldn't even care if my impressions dropped if my sales were still normal. My sales are down about the same amount. 90%

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@florida_resale if you look above those charts, you'll see a note that says "Metrics are reported in near-real time, allow approximately 72 hours to reconcile. All reporting data will be in your site timezone."

Unfortunately, it's difficult to look at today's numbers to try to determine if there is something going on because eBay themselves says it can take up to 72 hours to reconcile and we've seen many examples in this forum before where those numbers can and do change over that 72 hour period.

To be clear, I'm not saying you are wrong to be concerned about this or that there isn't possibly something broken, just letting you know that eBay will say there's nothing wrong with what you are showing in your screenshots and it's all just working as intended with their 72 hour reconciliation - just like they did in this previous thread.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Significant-Drops-in-eBay-Impressions-and-Organic-Page-Views-A... 

My advice would be to take screenshots of those reports over the next few days and if you're still noticing the numbers have dropped significantly after they've past that 72 hour mark, report it to support and post back here as well.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Those numbers are already calculated for those days, They aren't going to change. The 8th and 9th have passed. That doesn't even make sense. Those days aren't all the sudden show a 90% increase when they already passed. Please explain to me how that's even possible. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

O, i get what youre saying, So todays numbers can still change. I guess ill just have to wait and see then. Thanks

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@florida_resale wrote:

Those numbers are already calculated for those days, They aren't going to change. The 8th and 9th have passed. That doesn't even make sense. Those days aren't all the sudden show a 90% increase when they already passed. Please explain to me how that's even possible. 

The numbers are recorded but there is a delay of up to 72 hours to compile and report - it's really not 'real time'. My results look like this all the time whether or not I have sales, with the drop at the end - it's kind of a 'rolling drop' as results are compiled. This is mine and my sales are up on those two days. Just keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Screenshot 2023-10-10 094547.jpg

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Ok, ill keep a eye out. Thanks

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@florida_resale  That steep decline on the 10th is because TODAY is the 10th, and the day is not yet over. Look at your graph again tomorrow and see what the 10th looks like then.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Yeah someone already said this but thanks

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I made an account in an affiliate program at eBay. Where I want to post vendors/sellers' product details with pictures and eBay link on my Facebook page and YouTube channel. Unfortunately, I did not verify my email and cell phone number at that time and I signed out from eBay After half an hour I signed in and saw that my application was declined then I again checked my personal information where I found that my email and cell phone number was not verified. so I verified my email and cell phone number then i checked my contract history i found this message below mentioned. (ebay message click and impressions received in the last three hours may not be included here. there is a 2+ hours delay for some metrics.) 

Let me know do i have to wait for the next 3 days. Kindly guide me in this regards.

Thanks & regards 

Faisal Patel 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply