cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD NEWS FROM EBAY- SELLERS PROTECTION :)FINALLY

ebay HAS GIVEN FINALLY GOOD NEWS 

New abusive buyer protections and reporting feature update

We're implementing stronger measures against buyers who don't follow eBay's abusive buyer policy. We're introducing new measures to proactively find abusive buyers, prevent them from filing return requests, and in some cases suspend them. When we find that a buyer violated the policy, we will remove any feedback and defects, including opened cases in service metrics.

We've also made it easier for you to report buyers who violate eBay policies. Now when you report a buyer, you can more clearly describe what the buyer is doing to help us investigate potential policy violations and take actions to protect you.

Reduced search visibility for sellers who use a retailer to ship directly to buyers

Sellers who use retailers or marketplaces to ship directly to buyers are in violation of our drop shipping policy and will be lowered in search results, giving sellers who own their own inventory or drop ship from wholesalers greater search visibility.

We protect you in other ways, too

Additional protections include:

• Removal of negative feedback and defects when you've done your part (e.g., tracking shows on-time delivery) or when things happen that are beyond your control, such as weather or carrier delays.
  • Partial refunds in the returns flow for items returned opened or used when you offer free returns.

Learn more about the many ways we protect you on eBay.

Your track record matters

This summer, we will announce new seller protections that will be based on your track record and how we will protect you when you provide great service to buyers.

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: GOOD NEWS FROM EBAY- SELLERS PROTECTION :)FINALLY

@orangehound wrote:

@uniwarehousewares wrote:

ebay HAS GIVEN FINALLY GOOD NEWS 

New abusive buyer protections and reporting feature update

We're implementing stronger measures against buyers who don't follow eBay's abusive buyer policy. We're introducing new measures to proactively find abusive buyers, prevent them from filing return requests, and in some cases suspend them. When we find that a buyer violated the policy, we will remove any feedback and defects, including opened cases in service metrics.

We've also made it easier for you to report buyers who violate eBay policies. Now when you report a buyer, you can more clearly describe what the buyer is doing to help us investigate potential policy violations and take actions to protect you.

Reduced search visibility for sellers who use a retailer to ship directly to buyers

Sellers who use retailers or marketplaces to ship directly to buyers are in violation of our drop shipping policy and will be lowered in search results, giving sellers who own their own inventory or drop ship from wholesalers greater search visibility.

We protect you in other ways, too

Additional protections include:

• Removal of negative feedback and defects when you've done your part (e.g., tracking shows on-time delivery) or when things happen that are beyond your control, such as weather or carrier delays.
  • Partial refunds in the returns flow for items returned opened or used when you offer free returns.

Learn more about the many ways we protect you on eBay.

Your track record matters

This summer, we will announce new seller protections that will be based on your track record and how we will protect you when you provide great service to buyers.

Good news?  I see nothing new.

All i see is a lot of Lip Service with nothing specific about how or what will be done or what Ebay will consider abusive buyer behavior.  Until these things are spelled out specifically this is nothing more and the normal we have your back Sellers lip service that we have been getting since Wenig took over as the CEO and stated that he was going to reconnect with the Small Sellers.  All Ebay has reconnected with since he became CEO was the inside of our wallets as Ebay continues to find more and more ways to empty it without producing any sales.

Message 31 of 89
latest reply

Totally agree.  The first time I called the CS agent put me on hold to get familiar with the spring update.  Really?  Apparently ebay doesn't have update training before they are released.  Or maybe this guy was asleep in the meeting, who knows.  But these are people in the states which I find appalling.  He came back on and said he didn't see anything about the seller metric mentioned in the update.  Really?  So I read it to him and then he said "oh, I was looking at the user agreement".  I hung up and called back and was told the same stuff.  It's mind boggling to me.  I treat my customers with the utmost respect and I certainly try to have knowledge about my job.  This is just sheer laziness and reading a script.  And it isn't even the correct script.  

Message 32 of 89
latest reply

this is serious problem, some CS don't know what is going on, i think you should call CS and reach to supervisors and than ask them, unfortunately there are so many CS people are not expert that is reason sellers cannot found exact answers and its like arrows going in air.

There's nothing new in the so-called "Seller protection update".  They walked back on a couple points to where they were a few months ago and gave the rest some snappy new labels "Abusive buyer" but in the end, it's all handled by their CS staff.  Do you honestly expect any change whatsoever at that level?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 33 of 89
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

@webwanna wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

The announcement said they are starting to take proactive steps, which indicates they are moving forward to identify specific violations before sellers get involved.

Good Luck Selling!

moving forward to identify specific violations....

what were they doing before when we were reporting buyers?  

My guess is they were assembling buyers accounts into specific violation areas and will proactively make changes to the buyers accounts based on there findings.

Good Luck Selling!

Proactively teach them how not to get caught probably as Ebay will do anything in its power to not lose a buyer.  Somehow it will still always be the Sellers fault, until Ebay PROVES otherwise which has not happened since Donohoe became the CEO.

Message 34 of 89
latest reply

guys ebay is still thousand times better than amazon, if you want to know what is value of seller than try amazon, amazon will ripped you out and behave with sellers like a slave, ebay has still better policy when its come to selling, the only problem is the CS, every day many sellers couldn't get or get wrong resolution due to untrained CS, its my personal experience, if you are sure you are right than call again CS and again and once you will find right person who can do analysis and give you resolution, some cs follow policies only and some follow policies and do analysis, everything is not cover in policy thats why cs is there.
Message 35 of 89
latest reply

guys ebay is still thousand times better than amazon, if you want to know what is value of seller than try amazon, amazon will ripped you out and behave with sellers like a slave, ebay has still better policy when its come to selling, the only problem is the CS, every day many sellers couldn't get or get wrong resolution due to untrained CS, its my personal experience, if you are sure you are right than call again CS and again and once you will find right person who can do analysis and give you resolution, some cs follow policies only and some follow policies and do analysis, everything is not cover in policy thats why cs is there.

There is no way I am going to spend my days calling Ebay CS a dozen times about a customer selecting the wrong return reason.  Waiting on hold 30 minutes each time.... only to be told to pound sand each time.

That would just make me more hostile about this & that would be a little scary.  Trust me.  LOL.

If there are some sellers that are doing that and getting a positive result after the 12th call, that is annoying.  First of all that's why the hold times are so long when I call in.  Second, being a PITA shouldn't get  a seller a better result.   Ebay needs to design a way to electronically appeal the wrong return reason being selected.

Message 36 of 89
latest reply

Thank you for your concern, actually hold time is not more than 5 minutes if you have prime store subscription, i dont know about other stores subscriptions benefits,we have no choice when we have scammers attack on us.
Message 37 of 89
latest reply

@gramophone-georg   "

Did anyone notice the fee hikes? Look carefully.

Store fee increases

"Service Metric" offender fee increase"

But they are gonna be cracking down on these abusers so no worries Georg stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye and just remember.....ebay has your back always and forever with sugar on top, LOL.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 38 of 89
latest reply

This sounds hopeful, although I still think the simplest way to find / deal with bad buyers is to allow sellers to leave negative feedback.   It makes it easy to see patterns of bad behavior and it's a useful form of social pressure.

Message 39 of 89
latest reply

This totally ignores and does not address the fact ebay is still charging many sellers inflated 4% fees because of too many returns. Keep in mind, buyers can still lie about the reason for their returns. All it takes is for the buyer to state the item is not as described, then sellers get defects galore, charged more fees, have their account status dropped below standard, etc.

All being said, everything ebay stated in regards to these supposed new seller protections is incredibly vague, it also doesn't address ebay's unfair punishment of sellers for circumstances that are clearly outside of their control (buyer changed their mind, lied about reason for return).

ebay is still lying to sellers about their global shipping program too. The terms state sellers aren't liable for lost or damaged packages with GSP, then ebay turns around and steals the sellers money.

I see zero protections for sellers in this update, just more lies and another money grab by ebay as usual.

Message 40 of 89
latest reply

i agree with you on these points,but the more major concern is even buyer provide evidence or seller and even case is close in any party let say in seller side still buyer will get his money back that is main stream issue what eBay should handle seriously.
Message 41 of 89
latest reply

Lol. You clearly havent used amazon. I get more help from their cs in a single email than i get at ebay in 20 calls. In fact, calling ebay cs often times causes more problems than what you started with. Ebay cs has a job to get the seller off the phone. Amazon cs wants the problem fixed and have not a single time failed to fix my issue on a single call. And they dont have to send the call to someobe else.
Message 42 of 89
latest reply

@spreadlovelikefire wrote:
I have a question about the seller metric. I just called customer service twice and was told that ebay will still be implementing the defect on sellers accounts in the event that a return is clearly opened incorrectly. I currently have 5 of these and am livid by this. All were closed out by ebay in my favor and all will go against my service metric. I thought in the spring update "When we find that a buyer violated the policy, we will remove any feedback and defects, including opened cases in service metrics." means that ebay will be able to remove those from the metric. But customer service says contrary and that they are interpreting it as only cases where there is a bigger investigation as in a buyer getting kicked off for abusing the system, not just opening up an item not described case. Can you please clarify this as this will determine if I will continue selling on ebay or jump ship as this is not something I can willingly stand behind. I am a wonderful seller and love my buyers and take care of them very well. It's unfortunate that I do not feel the same from ebay.

Seems they don't care how anyone "feels"... they need money. In fact, the penalty was increased to 5% in this update. Nice, huh?

Sales are dropping so they increase fees- in typical eBay fashion, they're just refuse to be upfront about it.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 43 of 89
latest reply

this is serious problem, some CS don't know what is going on, i think you should call CS and reach to supervisors and than ask them, unfortunately there are so many CS people are not expert that is reason sellers cannot found exact answers and its like arrows going in air.

There's gold in that thur "lack of training".

Message 44 of 89
latest reply

@hillbillymedia wrote:

@gramophone-georg   "

Did anyone notice the fee hikes? Look carefully.

Store fee increases

"Service Metric" offender fee increase"

But they are gonna be cracking down on these abusers so no worries Georg stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye and just remember.....ebay has your back always and forever with sugar on top, LOL.

There's a fee for the sugar. Did you miss the memo?

Message 45 of 89
latest reply