cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD NEWS FROM EBAY- SELLERS PROTECTION :)FINALLY

ebay HAS GIVEN FINALLY GOOD NEWS 

New abusive buyer protections and reporting feature update

We're implementing stronger measures against buyers who don't follow eBay's abusive buyer policy. We're introducing new measures to proactively find abusive buyers, prevent them from filing return requests, and in some cases suspend them. When we find that a buyer violated the policy, we will remove any feedback and defects, including opened cases in service metrics.

We've also made it easier for you to report buyers who violate eBay policies. Now when you report a buyer, you can more clearly describe what the buyer is doing to help us investigate potential policy violations and take actions to protect you.

Reduced search visibility for sellers who use a retailer to ship directly to buyers

Sellers who use retailers or marketplaces to ship directly to buyers are in violation of our drop shipping policy and will be lowered in search results, giving sellers who own their own inventory or drop ship from wholesalers greater search visibility.

We protect you in other ways, too

Additional protections include:

• Removal of negative feedback and defects when you've done your part (e.g., tracking shows on-time delivery) or when things happen that are beyond your control, such as weather or carrier delays.
  • Partial refunds in the returns flow for items returned opened or used when you offer free returns.

Learn more about the many ways we protect you on eBay.

Your track record matters

This summer, we will announce new seller protections that will be based on your track record and how we will protect you when you provide great service to buyers.

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

And how do you expect how Ebay will define "When we find that a buyer violated the policy"?  Will it be the seller's word or the buyer's word?  Will it be the seller's pics or the buyer's pics?  I have read the "update" and at best I only see neutral news regarding seller protections.

Message 2 of 89
latest reply

@uniwarehousewares wrote:

We're implementing stronger measures against buyers who don't follow eBay's abusive buyer policy. We're introducing new measures to proactively find abusive buyers, prevent them from filing return requests, and in some cases suspend them. When we find that a buyer violated the policy, we will remove any feedback and defects, including opened cases in service metrics.

We've also made it easier for you to report buyers who violate eBay policies. Now when you report a buyer, you can more clearly describe what the buyer is doing to help us investigate potential policy violations and take actions to protect you.

Reduced search visibility for sellers who use a retailer to ship directly to buyers

Sellers who use retailers or marketplaces to ship directly to buyers are in violation of our drop shipping policy and will be lowered in search results, giving sellers who own their own inventory or drop ship from wholesalers greater search visibility.

• Removal of negative feedback and defects when you've done your part (e.g., tracking shows on-time delivery) or when things happen that are beyond your control, such as weather or carrier delays.
  • Partial refunds in the returns flow for items returned opened or used when you offer free returns.

This summer, we will announce new seller protections that will be based on your track record and how we will protect you when you provide great service to buyers.

The Sellers have spoken and finally eBay has finally done something to protect us all. I'm ecstatic right now. 

Thank you, ebay!😆😆😆👍👍👍

Message 3 of 89
latest reply

Hi everyone! 

If you have questions or feedback on the Seller Update, please feel free to share them with the staff behind the changes here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/2019-Spring-Seller-Update/ct-p/19SpringSU

Thanks.

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 4 of 89
latest reply

@lex-talon wrote:
The Sellers have spoken and finally eBay has finally done something to protect us all. I'm ecstatic right now.

I will reserve my ecstasy for when they actually DO something. Simply repeating the same sort of words they have been mouthing for years will not protect anyone.

Message 5 of 89
latest reply

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 89
latest reply

Ebay used to change a NAD to Remorse when it was obvious, then they got out of the litigation business, and now it sort of, might be back on somehow.  Will be interesting to see how this goes.  There explanations for whom to believe gave the decisions to buyers, so I wonder how they might reverse that now.  I'm guessing only in an extreme blatant example of a buyer clearly abusing the system.

Message 7 of 89
latest reply

i guess you didn't read the news properly, i can see what is finally ebay added what seller had not first in past, reporting buyer will be taken more seriously than before,removal of nagative feedback specially when carrier made mess often and as result seller became responsible now it will not happen, carrier responsibility will not held responsible to any seller, see last sentence of ebay news they say this summer they will announce new seller protections.
Message 8 of 89
latest reply

they did something good in policy you should read every word carefully of policy, but i have my concern about paypal, ebay should find solution of this , what if seller is protected by ebay and still buyer get his money through paypal ? i hope ebay should find solution on this too.
Message 9 of 89
latest reply

what is funny here?
Message 10 of 89
latest reply

they did something good in policy you should read every word carefully of policy, but i have my concern about paypal, ebay should find solution of this , what if seller is protected by ebay and still buyer get his money through paypal ? i hope ebay should find solution on this too.

This is the "good cop/ bad cop" game they seem to be playing now. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Managed Payments starts.

As to the update- there's what eBay says,  and then there's what eBay does. eBay has quite an unmatched track record of aggressively getting around what they say.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 11 of 89
latest reply

Did anyone notice the fee hikes? Look carefully. 

Store fee increases

"Service Metric" offender fee increase

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 12 of 89
latest reply

YUP

Message 13 of 89
latest reply

they did something good in policy you should read every word carefully of policy

They "did" nothing - they simply "wrote" something. I do not put any stock in the words that are written in policy, because the user agreement still says this:

"You agree to comply with the policy and permit us to make a final decision on any eBay Money Back Guarantee case."

Message 14 of 89
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

And how do you expect how Ebay will define "When we find that a buyer violated the policy"?  Will it be the seller's word or the buyer's word?  Will it be the seller's pics or the buyer's pics?  I have read the "update" and at best I only see neutral news regarding seller protections.

I read it as though eBay will be looking into reported buyer violations more.

As sellers, we need to make sure that LEGIT buyer violations are consistently reported as to document a record for that buyer's violation habits. 

Message 15 of 89
latest reply