eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
pageantdivas
Community Member

I would like to open a second Ebay account and matching paypal account with a corresponding new emai

I would like to open a second Ebay account and matching paypal account with a corresponding new email address for a completely separate account than what I use my current account for (selling my used kids clothes % household items). However, I am unsure how succesful I can be with a new account (zero purchases and sales). Any advice on how to offset this?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: I would like to open a second Ebay account and matching paypal account with a corresponding new

in reply to pageantdivas

you need to have very well written descriptions, lots of clear photos , no negative statements in ltstings, same as any good seller would.

learn what keywords for your items get the most hits and use them as they apply to your listing. see what others selling simalur items use and at what average price they sell for , sometimes underpricing isn't best.

remember ebay will put your items at end of most searches , so use your keywords carefully

age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Please use plain text.
dustycheeriomom
Community Member

Re: I would like to open a second Ebay account and matching paypal account with a corresponding new

in reply to pageantdivas

I made a second account because I have some stuff that will ship out in regular flat envelopes for regular First Class postage and if I shipped them out from my regular account I would have to put Delivery Confirmation on them which meant I would have had to spend money to buy boxes to qualify them for DC. So that is why I made a second account. I used my regular well established Paypal account which cut down on the time that they held the funds when I got payments on the new account. You can have multiple ebay accounts and use the same PayPal account for both. At first I was restricted to listing only 5 items for auction in the catagory I was listing in per month. I started out just listing some auctions and then later went on to the buy it now items that I really wanted to sell. I have been selling some of them. The problem I have is that I have to run each ID with a seperate browser and I run my secondary ID with Internet Explorer and it barely runs on my ebay computer which gets very frustrating.

"What part of MEOW don't you understand?"
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dustycheeriomom

why do you believe you need to use seperate browsers for each id?

i use what ever browser i have running on any id , sign in and out into any with out changing browsers.

Please use plain text.
dustycheeriomom
Community Member

in reply to redbud_farm

Because when I created the new ID my computer knew who I was when running under Internet Explorer. It would not allow me to switch back and forth between Id's. Every time I logged on to ebay it thought it was me on my main ID. If I put the secondary ID and password in it came back and said incorrect ID or password. It was like that for a long time and I could not log into the new ID at all. Finally at one point I was able to get in and I had to change the password for the secondary account. Then at some point after an update Internet Explorer sort of quit working on my computer very well and I had to switch to Firefox which works fine. I run my main ID off of that and struggle with the slow **s Internet Explorer when I do anything with my secondary ID which will still accept my log in ID and password for the secondary account. I have not actually tried switching back and forth with Firefox. Don't want to accidently get locked out of my main account.

Please use plain text.
fruitacres
Community Member

Change the "keep me signed in" to not.

Tell your browser to delete cookies from eBay every time you close all tabs.

Using multple browsers is not a big deal and you can actually be logged in on as many acconuts as you have browsers. And devices.  NObody says you cannot log in on a second device using same browser version.  Use your ohone on one account, and your ipad or tablety on another, pc or macbook on a third - never mix.

This sig intentionally left blank

Please use plain text.
dustycheeriomom
Community Member

in reply to fruitacres

I had tried un-clicking the keep me signed in thing before when I was having the trouble trying to log into the second account before and it made no difference. Right now I CAN get into both accounts from the same browser from our laptop using Internet Explorer but I couldn't from my desk top. The problem there is that all my ebay pictures are stored on the desktop so I need to use it when actually listing stuff

Please use plain text.
Community Member

seems you just need to clear out the cookies on other computor , your browser is just reading the last sign in cookie ebay set.

on the lap top it works as it is set to delete cookies at sign out more than likely

Please use plain text.
mintowl
Community Member

in reply to pageantdivas

Buy a couple of cheap items. Some people are hesitant dealing with a 0 feedback account.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Try Google Chrome.  It's good and it's fast.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chevysportvan

You can use Firefox for one ebay account, Google Chrome for another, and if you want to use Internet Explorer you can also.  If you keep all three browsers open, it's possible to switch back and forth between them, using one to list and a different one for research.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chevysportvan

you can use 1 browser for all , you just need to clear temp files

Please use plain text.