Antiques
The Antiques Discussion is for members to share views and suggestions regarding Antiques
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Help! Hand Painted Plate

Hi there! We found this plate and we cannot identify the artist's signature or the marking on the back. Does anyone know anything about this? Thank you!

20994062_10212451433814246_4609596522911316174_n.jpg Untitled 3.png 21106904_10212342879080833_7204933448597792894_n.jpg
User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Painted tin teapot

Anyone have any idea of the age and origin of this tin painted pot. We found it at a market here in Belgium but could come from anywhere in Europe. Its non magnetic so I think it could be tin. Any help would be great! ThanksLorenzo

Antique Copper plated tea set

Hello all, Found this beautiful tea set that looks to be copper plated tin. Trying to figure out the age and origin.The pics included show the star on the inside of the cups and on top of the sugar pot. Any help would be appreciated as always. Lorenz...

Antique Bronze picture frame

Good Morning We found this amazing bronze photo frame this weekend and would love to know how old it is and any other info. Again any feedback is much appreciated! Lorenzo

Hoping to find more info on antique Hekman table

I've looked up the tag to find out that the manufacturer is hekman and found a similar table priced at almost $500 but mine isn't in the same condition and is not the same color. Would really like to sell it but need more info

Identification of antique glass vase

Is anyone aware of the syle/name of the pictured vase or have any other relevant informaion that they could pass along to me? It has a purple (sun colored) hue to it, stands 8" tall and is about 6 1/2" at its widest point and is 9 sided. The bottom h...

Antique Chair Value Estimate

I bought a storage locker that appeared to be owned by someone selling antiques as many items had price tags. This set of 6 chairs had a tag for $850. They don't look like they are worth that much, but based on their relatively small size and overall...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Antiques?

Because I am interested, I searched "antique sunglasses" on ebay. I was surprised that almost 1/2 items with keyword "antique sunglasses" were actually BRAND NEW sunglasses. I am somewhat confused because I thought this was against eBay policy. Many ...

Cloisonne Old or New how do you tell ?

I have done some research but have not been able to figure out any tell tell signs. I usually don't deal with stuff like that much, so I was hoping someone here had some insight on it. An the reason I ask there's an estate sale this weekend that has ...

Need help estimating the value of a large silver (plates?) serving tray (PICS)

So I purchased a large silver serving tray today at a thrift shop. On the bottom it says "SGEP" in old english print. From my research, I've found that that stands for Sol Goldfeder ElectroPlated Silver. Now, I would assume this would be worth a dece...

IMG_0412.JPG IMG_0413.JPG IMG_0414.JPG IMG_0415.JPG

signed stained glass cross sun catchers

Hello,I found this beautiful stained glass sun catcher at an antique market and wanted to see if anyone has any more info on it.The size is 19 cm ( 7.5") x 15 cm ( 6") x 5 mm ( 1/4 " Thick)I have a pictures attached with the signature.Any help would ...

Identification of antique glass container

This is a very heavy glass container with what appears to be a slight greyish hue with 14 horizontal ribs. Some small bubbles in the glass but no decernable markings except for an endented arc on the bottom. 8" high and 4" width at mouth. The mouth h...

What in the world is this??

I haven't the faintest clue what this is. It's glass, about 4 1/2" long, and has a wood carrying case. It was from my 90 year-old great aunt's home. I'm guessing it's probably not really an antique, but have no idea where else to start looking. Any a...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors