eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

furcandyraver
Community Member

Re: How do I stop "Price Peep" popup?

in reply to asal_asal
It work for me. Thank you. I took all the ad-ons I didn't recognized. & it worked.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rupnow1033

I agree that there is nothing related to PricePeep malware that can be found in the registry or anywhere in the computer, but 

every time I go to eBay on this machine, the PricePeep **bleep**ware loads popup advertisements, that block and interfere with

the intended use of eBay. This seems to be imbedded into eBay someway, because I don't get it at any other site. No scanner

that I have used so far can find the cause, so something that is invisible is difficult to get rid of. Also, I am getting a lot of

Amazon.com redirects when I click on MyeBay or view any of the options in this drop down menu. What ever is causing

this situation seems to be directly associated with eBay. However, I am only getting this strange problem on one Asus

laptop that I own, and I am running every type of add blocking plug for Firefox and Chrome, and none of them are stopping it.

SpyBot doesn't find the problem, Windows Defender doesn't see it, and AVG antivirus doesn detect anything, so I am running

out of ideas. I watched a couple of YouTubes on how to eliminate PricePeep, but they told me nothing that could help, because

what ever is causing this problem seems to be invisible to everything including my OS, which is Win7 Home Premium. Anyone

have any ideas, I would appreciate any help or suggestions I can get. Thanks

Very Frustrated ( I am computer literate, which makes it even more painful )

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jnssss

I found this today hidden under Laflurla   something to do with coupons

Since I removed/deleted it it's all working fine again - Hooray 

When I phoned eBay this morning they said they knew nothing about this problem, Yet reading these messages it seems to have been going on for sometime.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to missy88-us

I used your method to remove it , worked a treat thank you.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jnssss
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to missy88-us

Thanks very much - it was driving me nuts!  Why can't they see that it just irritates!!

Cheers Ken

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to zainstr

OH THANK YOU!  I was going insane and ready to never use ebay again!!!! 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to missapples0805

Instead of save as I found you tube ad blocker was causing the price peep pop up. I just removed the so called YouTube ad blocker and no more price peeps

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to missy88-us

I had to go to Tools>Settings>Advanced> and then uncheck a box labeled "Allow third party extensions."

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jnssss

Please use plain text.
roncomputerdoc
Community Member

in reply to asal_asal

it is not showing in the list on delete from the controlpanel, (price peep is not listed as an addon) what else can I try?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to asal_asal

Totally effective - thank you for the simple direction in removing such a pesty program.

Please use plain text.
mark100852
Community Member

in reply to missy88-us

That worked perfect thanks.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jnssss

OMG, it finally worked after hours, days and weeks of using every great suggestion posted to get rid of "Price Peep". This is what finally worked for me and I am "Peep Free"  Yippee!!

I removed Firefox and then downloaded an updated version.

Then click on Firefox box, click on "Add On's", click on "Extensions" and there it was!  Finally Price Peeps showed up and I removed it with a click of a button in 1 second!  I am so happy that I had to share this. Hope it works for you. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jnssss

I did have to restart firefox before it was gone though

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jnssss

This worked , mine was listed in extensions

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jnssss

Completely agree with missy88, although in my extensions it was disguised as "save as"

Please use plain text.
maywyn*studio
Community Member

in reply to jnssss

Against warning from Avast, I downloaded Free Drivers from CNET, a side I've trusted for years.

Never again.

I unchecked things, but they still were on the system.

PricePeep is one. I deleted it everywhere on my system from Add/Remove programs to searching all files and folders. First it hogs up Mozilla to the point I uninstalled the browser.

I go to Chrome to find the same thing. I uninstall Chrome removing all data.

White Smoke is the tool bar where pricepeep shows up along with other stuff I don't want.

Good luck getting ride of it and the white smoke tool bar that showed up with price peep and other stuff.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jnssss

Thanks, for the advice. I found it under my add-ons and i disabled the little sucker!! So annoying!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jnssss

Price Peep is an adware infection which is supposed to promote Spam website advertisements through pop-ups. anyhow, to remove price peep malware, you are advised to scan your system with an anti-malware program because this virus will not let you uninstall it via control panel or browser settings. Or, if you wish to remove it manually, then make sure to delete all of its components and registry keys

Source: www.techvts.com/price-peep-virus-removal

Please use plain text.