cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you going with 30 day buyer pays return or no returns?

I will probably stay with 30 day buyer pays returns for two months.  Then I am tempted to try no returns and see what happens.  I really wish they would keep 14 day returns.

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Are you going with 30 day buyer pays return or no returns?

@timzbiz wrote:

I currently offering 14 day returns with no restocking fee. I am very unhappy about ebay forcing me to offer 30 days. I am condifering going with no returns or 30 day buyer pays PLUS 10% restocking fee. Seriously, does ebay think 30 day returns will create more sales? LOL! I did twice as much business years ago when I offered 3 day returns. Ebay forced me to offer 14 day returns and my sales have decreased every year since.  Ebay has no clue how to bring buyers to the site.

ebay is removing restocking fees, so you won't be able to charge one. 

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 31 of 49
latest reply

I'm sticking with Buyer Pays Return Shipping.   I can't afford to offer free returns, with what little profit I make.  It will break me. 

Change the channel!
Message 32 of 49
latest reply

30-day-buyer pays with a stipulation in the return box;  as I get smaller (and remove most of my business from eBay) over the next 12 months, I'll go to 'no returns' probably. 

Message 33 of 49
latest reply

Ending today according to the message I got.. yesterday.

Message 34 of 49
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

Are you going with 30 day buyer pays return or no returns?

Neither. I am going to stay with 14 days returns. 

I really wish they would keep 14 day returns.

14 day returns are still an option. What makes you think they are not? 

This makes folks think so ... because 14 days is going away in most cats:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/simplified-returns.html

The five return policy options will be:

• No returns accepted
  • 30-day buyer-paid returns
  • 30-day free returns
  • 60-day buyer-paid returns
  • 60-day free returns

Certain product categories have unique retail standards and sellers will be able to offer variations on the new returns policy options. Categories that will continue have the option to offer 14-day returns include Collectibles & Art, Cameras & Photo and Medical, Mobility & Disability Equipment.

____

Just as an aside ... I have been offering 60 day Free returns for about 8-9 months now. I have had a total of one return in that time.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 35 of 49
latest reply

We do 30 day returns and pay shipping to and from.  Probably not the best of moves.  But we feel we have to just to keep up.  Best regards

Message 36 of 49
latest reply

If ebay wants to offer free returns, they can do it on their dime, not mine.

In practice, ebay already offers free returns on YOUR dime.  It is called a SNAD claim.  Doesn't matter if it is a phony claim with a lying buyer.   The program already exists

The difference with the new free returns (seller pays) is the buyer no longer needs to lie in order to get a return on the seller's dime.   Personally, I'd rather have them work for it a bit, report their lying behinds and hopefully some day they can only get returns via the Pal where they have to pay the shipping back.

Presently, claims of fit, color, odor, etc. are not supposed to be SNAD claims.  Things that are clearly shown and described in the listing are not supposed to be grounds for a SNAD issue.  However, if you have a return policy at all and they file SNAD for any of those reasons, you are going to pay for return shipping. 

With a NO returns policy, you are able to select to deny the return for NON snad reasons. 

Message 37 of 49
latest reply

For clothing sellers, the real test will be after Halloween. The 14-day return window seemed reasonable and didn't get abused.

But let's say someone buys an item for their costume from you in the week prior to Halloween, and depending on whether you offer 30- or 60-days, in theory you could be getting back Halloween returns between Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I'm curious if clothing sellers would disable returns during the month of October to avoid this potential deluge.

Message 38 of 49
latest reply

Ebay rules about INAD over ride our return policies anyway. They are just there to give sellers a false sense of security at this point that they wont be taken advantage of and they are every day probably thousands of times a day.  Buyer files INAD and you are on the hook for a return plus a label.  Ebay profits either way on fees.

Message 39 of 49
latest reply

WITH THE OPTIONS I HAVE- I AM GOING WITH NO RETURNS

Message 40 of 49
latest reply

I'm sticking with no returns.   99% of the time I never get them anyway due to the kind of items I sell and most of the time, if I had to foot the bill for return shipping, that would cost more than what the buyer paid for the item to begin with so just not financially viable for me.

Message 41 of 49
latest reply

Meh you are doing returns and refunds whether your listing say you are or not. You just dont know it yet. 

Message 42 of 49
latest reply

No restocking fees allowed if you offer free returns. I am not offering free returns. Restocking fees are still available for buyer pays returns.
Message 43 of 49
latest reply

I hope you are right.  My understanding was that restocking fees were going away completely in order to streamline the return process for the buyer while continuing to make things even worse for the seller...

Message 44 of 49
latest reply

I think you are just asking for the item back if you offer free returns in 30 days. If a buyer spends say... $100 or more... and comes up short somewhere down the road... he can always count on you to pay him AND pay for the item he used for 29 days. Great deal for all buyers!
Message 45 of 49
latest reply