cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you going with 30 day buyer pays return or no returns?

I will probably stay with 30 day buyer pays returns for two months.  Then I am tempted to try no returns and see what happens.  I really wish they would keep 14 day returns.

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

There really is no such thing as no returns.    If the buyer opens a NAD case, you lose because eBay's MB policy trumps your no return policy.   I'm not even sure why eBay offers no returns as an option when you create a listing.

Message 2 of 49
latest reply

Yes, I realize that.  So do you think a "no return" is more likely to scare off honest buyers than scammers?  

Message 3 of 49
latest reply

@rustydalmatianbecause they expect buyers to be honest about buyer's remorse. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that some are honest.

You are correct though, there really is no such thing as no returns on eBay as the 30 day money back guarantee trumps that.

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

@tamaralea wrote:

Yes, I realize that.  So do you think a "no return" is more likely to scare off honest buyers than scammers?  

Actually, I think that depends on the buyer, and the item.  Many buyers really don't need returns.  And they have the MBG for true SNADS.

Message 5 of 49
latest reply

@tamaralea

"no returns" will do nothing to scare off a scammer, as they already know that there is no such thing.

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

I'm sticking with what I've been doing for the past 6 years......30 Days / Free returns.

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

I've had 30-day buyer-paid returns for a while now.  I still have yet to have a single return.

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

I'm sticking with 30 day buyer pays return shipping.

I will NOT be doing the free returns thing....... ever.

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

I'm going from 14 days to 30 days, buyers can return using unscrupulous methods if they really don't want to keep something. Might as well give them the option to send it back on their dime if I can.

I will continue to do no returns for personal care items though, like cosmetics, since it's obviously unsanitary to resell an item that's been tried on or even just opened by a buyer.
Message 10 of 49
latest reply

I've had thirty day seller paid returns for some time now. I've never had a return. Then again, I don't sell new, hot, trendy, rentable stuff, either.  I sell old books and paper.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 11 of 49
latest reply

I will always do 30 day returns, me, the seller pays return shipping.

I want buyers to trust me.  ($$$)

I don't want to imply that I do not trust them.

jmtcw,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 12 of 49
latest reply

A lot of buyers who see no returns, even if they know Ebay has their back, hit the back button. 

Message 13 of 49
latest reply

Neither. I am going to stay with 14 days returns. 

I really wish they would keep 14 day returns.

14 day returns are still an option. What makes you think they are not? 

Message 14 of 49
latest reply

As a buyer - disregarding the MBG - I wonder why the seller wouldn't take a return. I can understand that policy in certain categories - auto parts, appliance parts, music, books, cosmetics or healthcare items - but otherwise I wonder why the seller isn't confident in the product they are selling. 

To the sellers with free returns - what categories are you selling in because clothing is always being returned for fit issues even when you put in the measurements. I have one coming back right now. Reason they're falling off me - waist, hip and inseam measurements are shown and written in the description.

Message 15 of 49
latest reply