cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am i no longer able to use paypal

I do not want transactions going to my bank.   Someone else manages this and we split profits from this account.  am I no longer able to use PayPal?

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: am i no longer able to use paypal

@honeycombcalcite111 wrote:

I had to go google "what is eBay shill"... that fact you know what it is means you use this as a business practice!  

You're priceless. Please continue.

Message 31 of 43
latest reply

@releasethekraken_1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would anyone need one?

Posting IDs are used because sometimes people who start threads here don't like the answers they get, and want to take it out on the other posters. A posting ID is protection against dbags like that.

LOL...I've been helping out on the boards here and there whenever I get bored but I've really been here quite a bit the last 3 weeks or so. I've wondered how all of you (0) "feedback" posters knew so much...I might have to look at getting a Poster ID.

But...on the other hand...I usually check out the sales other people have going just to see what they sell. Who knows...I might buy something from someone from the board sometime.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 32 of 43
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you tell me on what dates and by what methods eBay has been telling me about this for two years ?  I save all of my messages, and there is not even ONE regarding this among them.

They started telling us about it almost 3 years ago.

They have been switching sellers over to MP for 2+ years now.

Have a great day
Message 33 of 43
latest reply

@firesteel_surplus wrote:

Here are your options now:

1. Send funds to a current checking account (it cannot be a savings account)

2. Send funds to a new checking account

3. Quit selling on ebay and find a different place

I made option 1 work. Some are making option 2 work. Some are choosing option 3. There are no right or wrong answers. It is whatever works for you.

You can complain all you want. There are pages and pages of complaints on this. It's happening.

Roll with it.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Option 2 worked and is working sweet for me.  Free checking accounts are a dime a dozen..., no, wait... they're FREE! at many financial institutions online and otherwise.  While I was happy with my PayPal Business Debit account with it's 1% cashback, my new FREE account has that and more as well.  I buy a lot on eBay and so have my new account hooked up as payment source  for purchases as CC card as well and enjoy 1% back. Life's good. 

Message 34 of 43
latest reply

what is mp?  I am interested!  

Message 35 of 43
latest reply

what is mp?  I am interested!  

Managed Payments. The thing you're complaining about. The thing they've been telling us about and transitioning people to since 2018.

I thought you would at least know what the program is called.

Message 36 of 43
latest reply

I came here to find out my options and have only found what I had already figured. But there are plenty of mean people here, geez, feel bad for the folks who got those responses

Message 37 of 43
latest reply

@98360 wrote:

I came here to find out my options and have only found what I had already figured. But there are plenty of mean people here, geez, feel bad for the folks who got those responses

@98360 

I couldn't agree with you more.  This is really a two part problem.  I think the free for all that Social media has become is bleeding over into this community.  That is likely some of it, the other part that MP is a 3 year old program yet there are a whole heck of a lot of sellers that have no idea what it is.  Since last summer Ebay has been onboarding sellers in groups every month with a goal of having ALL sellers onboarded by the end of this year.  Because of doing it this way, every month more sellers come to the thread with the same questions or anger that other sellers have shown over the last 15 + months.  So for some it is old news and they are tired of seeing the same issues over and over and over again.

If you have some questions, I'd be happy to help if I can.  I might suggest reading through the links I'm providing below.  They are short and easy to read but contain some very good information on the MP program.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/How-does-the-updated-eBay-payments-experience-work-...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/Have-questions-about-payments-Check-out-this-post-f...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/Infographic-How-payouts-work-when-eBay-manages-paym...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 38 of 43
latest reply

@releasethekraken_1 wrote:

I had to go google "what is eBay shill"... that fact you know what it is means you use this as a business practice!  

You're priceless. Please continue.

OP lost all credibility when he asked "What is mp"

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 39 of 43
latest reply

Paypal - when "moody" would freeze your checking account, "reclaim" all your money & do it all while having not ability to timely resolve why it happened. The 100,000's of incidents line forms to the left ever since Paypal first started business....

Message 40 of 43
latest reply

Obviously, you are a troll.... 

@honeycombcalcite111 

This is quite an assumption for someone that came here because they didn't know why or how MP worked.  Just because you don't know something doesn't mean everyone else doesn't know either.  You are not original in calling other posters names just because you don't like what they have said.  It is however unnecessary.  We are suppose to be adults here.

You came here with questions.  Then when people try to help you, your response is to call them names.  That says a whole lot about you.

Message 41 of 43
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

You came here with questions.  Then when people try to help you, your response is to call them names.  That says a whole lot about you.

Necro-thread. The OP flounced out of here 4 months ago. Maybe this thread could be closed now...

Message 42 of 43
latest reply

Message 43 of 43
latest reply