cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Final Value Fees

I am a Top Rated Seller and all of my listings qualify for the 10% Final Value Fee discount (according to eBay). After looking at my last few transactions I found the I have not been charged the discounted rate. I went back to my Top Seller date and none of my sales have been given the discounted rate. I have called eBay twice, they confirmed my suspicion, they said it is fixed, but it is not. It keeps getting charged the standard rate. Is anyone else experiencing this problem and, if so, how did you get eBay to fix it?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Wrong Final Value Fees

Having the same issue here...eBay is at the worst level now than in the past 20 years...They make you jump through a bunch of hoops just to get an answer and basically force you to stop calling them...This will probably be my last month..so Sick of their poor service!  

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Hey man, don't worry. Trust us, we've giving you everything you deserve. ebay

Now bend over a little more.

I just looked at what I sold today, and I also went from the usual 10% to the NEW AND IMPROVED 12.55%.

Thank you ebay for taking such good care of me. It has been such a pleasure being a small-time guy, selling a few things in my spare time to supplement my income. I appreciate the opportunity to give you more of my $$

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

@texbuzzard wrote:

I just looked at what I sold today, and I also went from the usual 10% to the NEW AND IMPROVED 12.55%.

Thank you ebay for taking such good care of me. It has been such a pleasure being a small-time guy, selling a few things in my spare time to supplement my income. I appreciate the opportunity to give you more of my $$

And now you’re no longer paying 2.9% to PayPal. Did you miss that?

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

The savings is calc'd at the end of the month to be sure you are still rated as TRS and not 'ON EACH SALE'.  It may even show as a credit on the next month statement. 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Well, there was no credit for my fees from March when I got my invoice in April. I would like to think that's true but so far it is not working that way.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Then they did away with it. Don't see any 'Top Rated' stars by anyone's name anymore either (there were 2 types, Top Rated (not shown and no discount) and Top Rated Plus (star shown and discounts performed)

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@corvettestainless wrote:

Then they did away with it. Don't see any 'Top Rated' stars by anyone's name anymore either (there were 2 types, Top Rated (not shown and no discount) and Top Rated Plus (star shown and discounts performed)

Top Rated Plus is a listing designation; there’s no such thing as a TRS+ seller.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Well, basically most sellers do all listings the same, same shipping time, same return policy.. so if 1 is, all is. Now, the seller is 'Plus' (ok, the listing, but you get the jist). and it used to be shown; not sure if it is anymore?

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

For your listings to qualify for the TRS+ discount,  you must offer same or next day shipping, and a minimum of 30 Day Free Returns. 

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Yes, all my listings are 30 day free returns and 1 day handling. And it shows this on my eBay Seller Performance page. But I am not being charged the 10% discounted final value fee. I have downloaded my sales data and built a spreadsheet that shows the incorrect fees, correct fees and overcharges. 

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

That odd because on my Seller Performance page it says I am a Top Rated Seller, multiple times. It doesn't say my listings are top rated.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I don't sell any more, so please forgive me if I don't understand something.

Before you went on MP, your FVF from eBay was 10% and your Paypal fee was 2.9% plus 30 cents.

Now, your FVF from eBay is apparently 12.55%, according to your message, but you no longer have a Paypal fee.  

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@jazzcatswail wrote:

That odd because on my Seller Performance page it says I am a Top Rated Seller, multiple times. It doesn't say my listings are top rated.

Please read my post again. I stated that there is no such thing as a Top Rated PLUS seller. "Top Rated" is a seller designation; "Top Rated PLUS" is a listing designation. A Top Rated seller can have some listings that qualify for TRS+, and some that don't.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply