cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The danger of Managed Payment System and the Shrinking of inventory and sellers on ebay

Ebay’s Management System is an utter disaster. It causes shortfalls, negative balances, overdraft fees which ebay washes it’s hands off. There is no option of getting paid other than a chequing account. This is utter nonsense and driving Sellers away. Check ebay lately? there isn’t much inventory compared to years past, what is left is limited selection with huge shipping charges which sellers are forced to do so to cover anticipated 12 – 15% charges from ebay alone. The proof is in the pudding, ebay’s shrinking inventory of choices, shrinking Seller base.
When you have other platforms, FB, and local sites as well as your own, EBAY short sightness and “We don’t care about sellers” is evident.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: The danger of Managed Payment System and the Shrinking of inventory and sellers on ebay

I see you still selling on eBay..

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: The danger of Managed Payment System and the Shrinking of inventory and sellers on ebay

@chernobly41 wrote:

Ebay’s Management System is an utter disaster. It causes shortfalls, negative balances, overdraft fees which ebay washes it’s hands off.

I've used the system for 5 or 6 years and never had any negative balances or overdraft fee's.

The program works fine once you learn how it works.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

EBay has almost 1.5 Billion listings, doesn't sound like "there isn't much inventory compared to years past". FVF on shipping is a touch less than it was before. I'm guessing that eBay anticipated a loss of sellers, perhaps 500,000 or more. A Thinning out of the heard was needed. 

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I've been in MP on this account for a month and haven't run into any of the problems you mention

My main account is due to go into MP by 6/29 & I have no fear, it seems to work just fine

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

It's clear from the previous replies that all that's happening to you it's entirely your fault. You're in the way of progress. You're slowing them down. All of their vision, all that greatness — you're just standing in the middle my friend.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

MP is fine.  You just need to know how to account for it.  As for products, I haven't seen a drop in product.  I have seen eBay being more focused on shoes and trading cards though.  It seems they are throwing all their resources at their big money makers as opposed to the average seller.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Did you know that eBay is Launching a new portal and will give Govenment access to everything including rights to remove your listings without any reason given? That includes USPS.

Did you know that eBay is gonna give access not only to USA government but other's as well? 

Did you know that eBay is gonna make all your information public? 

This is gonna be major hit and VERY big chunk of sellers will leave including me. Managed payments and its issues and now this....

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

There are multiple issues with Managed payments and i will give you few examples:

USPS insurance - void because you need to provide more information than eBay gives you as they do not manage payments themselves and give it to Adyen.

Chargebacks - Since managed payments don't provide information where item was bought and such allot more buyers are doing chargebacks because they do not know what is it for. Also lets elaborate: eBay does not cover all chargeback choices and lets say buyer files chargeback under reason "did not receive refund" (or whatever it was) seller will lose even while providing delivered information. Not to mention buyer does not have to open eBay dispute for this to happen.

If it did not happen to you yet - does not mean it won't.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

LOL "All of their vision, all that greatness"  laughing

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am no shill but I seriously don't have a problem with Ebay's managed payments.   I set it so that it only pays me once a week and I never have these issues.   If there is a negative balance due to Ebay being the refund capital of the world, they usually give me fair warning of when they are going to take the money out.

My biggest complaint with managed payments is the fact that ebay doesn't require UPS or Fedex to give accurate shipping quotes.    Ebay allows these companies to provide a shipping quote of 1 cent, and then they can take anything they want out of your bank account a few weeks later.   UPS and Fedex provide accurate quotes on their websites, but are not required to on ebay.   This happens to me a lot.   I've completely stopped using these two fraud companies, and will only use USPS even if it costs twice as much. 

You are right about the fees and shipping costs.   Facebook marketplace only takes 5%,  but their shipping procedure has a lot of catching up to do.   However people like me that sell car parts can't sell on facebook because they have no parts fitment system like ebay does.    If facebook ever provides a system like that I'd probably take my entire inventory over there to save on each transaction.    Ebay charges  the most of any company I use to sell, and provides the worst customer support (other than facebook which provides no support for anything).    The sales keep dropping every month, and the problems keep compounding. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I tend to agree here. I e used it for a year, seemed like a pain at first. Once I accepted it and I got used to it, it has been pretty smooth. No over drafts or negative balances in that year. 

(now some of the other ridiculous changes have almost driven me away). 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply