cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

managed payment

Why does ebay make this seem like it a benefit for us and give all these reasons  why we are in managed payment. 

I am in managed payment not because  I was randomly picked.  Ut per uncle Sams request. It took a few minutes to get a straight direct answer back from customer service..but IMO it's ok to be honest about it. If they have a reason for it. Then just say " yes contact them to find out why" I'm a bit frustrated  that it took 5 minute to answer my question.. "am I put into managed payment per government off ice request?" I not sure how long I would of been on the phone if I didn't interrupt to ask him for direct answer.  For whatever reason it is. I'll find out. I just wish I didn't have to hear 5 minutes of excuses. it makes me not trust selling here anymore.  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

managed payment

What makes you so special that out of millions of sellers you were chosen specifically?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

managed payment

It is your belief that "Uncle Sam" requested your placement in the Managed Payments program? I'm not even sure what this sentence means, "am I put into managed payment per government off ice request?". What are you trying to say and why?

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

managed payment

@kenjap wrote:

Why does ebay make this seem like it a benefit for us and give all these reasons  why we are in managed payment. 

Because they have to dangle an imaginary carrot in front of the plebs to have them accept the higher fees and increased chance of getting scammed.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

managed payment

Is it just me? I read this and haven’t a clue what the OP is saying. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

managed payment

Trust me, you're not the only one.  However, the OP appears to have been selected by Uncle Sam to be in Managed Payments, so I have to report that I'm just a little bit jealous.  Over my lifetime, Uncle Sam has put me into a lot of things, mainly Federal income taxes, so why wasn't MP one of them?  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

managed payment

Paypal put you into MP. They no longer wanted to do the eBay seller portion of the business so they declined to sign a new contract. Pretty simple really.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

managed payment

For whatever reason it is. I'll find out.

@kenjap 

Waste no more of your time. I guarantee it's because all sellers are being migrated to MP. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

managed payment

No USA Government involvement or Russian or Chinese or any other governments.

It is a business decision that benefits eBay, Manage payments partner Ayden and sellers.(Please respect my opinion and read on) 

CS do not know and are not given sufficient information to deal with such matters.

I suspect eBay's publications over a period must have given clues as to why they elected to partner a payment processor and in return this payment processor was given a huge chunk of business.

I have a PayPal account which I intend to retain and I joined manage payments by choice as benefit in my opinion outweighs the inconvenience.

PayPal stopped refunding their fees when seller issues a refund.

Manage payments returns all fees except 0.30

PayPal gave it's established sellers instant access to funds.

Manage payments does not.

PayPal's fees are slightly higher than manage payments but are tiered to benefit larger sellers.

In the event of a case including Charge backs all information is available on one platform and refunds are also issued on one platform and this ceased to be the case when PayPal and eBay were forced to separate.

I would hope that in time manage payment will become more flexible and remove the two very significant differences and as soon as buyer pays this shows up in sellers account and ability to request payments. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply