eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Slow sales

in reply to terraklass

Not sure but I think that this year will be the real McCoy on the economy . Many will see that their dollar (s) are not going far and will decide to hold onto them. Shoppers are now watching their dollars and won't just spend without really looking for all of the angles so that they can get more. I've been part of this as well....it's not like the old days , now you wait it out for that special something, or offer and then you buy. I'm concerned that many like yourself will leave and seek a different path and I hope that you find it . I'm just a part time seller and  I decided to reduce my sales price from 10% to 25% and it appears to be working to some degree. You might want to rethink this area and see if it works for you.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
terraklass
Community Member

Slow sales

in reply to bayou-auctions

I agrees this on october sales pickeup and november dec and now this month i have had only one sale,,,,, Wich is horrible Iinvested over 7,000 in merchandise....... I'm freaking out..... No Sales at all only "buyers" & "watchers" wanting freebies.... Whats Going on??

Please use plain text.
bayou-auctions
Community Member

in reply to carkeysue

I normally (pre-April 2013) sold 5-20 items per week.  I sold exactly 11 items in the last 60 days, just enough to cover all of my fees.  Time to hang it up for me!

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to 40_years_in_the_industry

40_years_in_the_industry wrote:

I have no idea what the heck is happening....wish I did !!

Even the 'page views' have diminished. I have updated the returns policy AND offer free P&P, great item feedback, I just don't understand why things are so slow....DO YOU ????

I think that Cassini is responsible for most of the problems, at least for those of us who normally sell many more items and aren't beginners. The search is completely messy...

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to mintrobmint

mintrobmint wrote:

It is slow...but what alot of sellers are starting to realize is that if you do not provide 1 day handling, 14 day return policy minimum....then your listings have dropped way down to the bottom pages of no mans land! You provide neither of the 2.

Cassini search engine & placement is in 75% effect and people are noticing! If you cannot stay afloat with what eBay wants..you will soon sell nothing again.

I can only limitedly agree with this. We have been offering 1 day (and recently, for several months, same day) shipping, and our packages arrive within 2 business days, we have been opted into the 14 days return as soon as it came up last year, etc., etc. 

Still, on some days it seems an invisible hand turned on the faucet and we sell 3-4 items - which is followed by 4-5 days of selling nothing. The views on 30 days listings often remain at or blow 3 per item, not rarely, zero! When I click on my item, the counter goes up by one. Go figure.

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to carkeysue

carkeysue wrote:

Does anyone know why sales are so low on eBay?  This is the worst I have ever experienced.  I rely on eBay to supplement my income and no one is looking or watching nearly as much as usual and they certainly aren't buying.  Any ideas, suggestions?

Ditto. Something is profoundly wrong...on this ID, ca 40% less sales than the average, on other places, seems normal. I think ebay may be hiding (withholding exposure to) some sellers, because the search would sporadically refuse to bring up items in the store. I think it is a server issues, and some people may be on a different server. I also think they are doing the good old thing of penalizing store owners by lesser exposure to their items, for whatever reason. Perhaps because they already are paying ebay monthly fees. It should not matter if you list with or without a store, but if anything, it would be more logical to me that those of us with a store would get special treatment, as opposed to the other way around.  

Please use plain text.
taadaa58
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

((((((((((((((((((tink)))))))))))))))))))))) 

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Please use plain text.
hidy-hoo
Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog

Tink - A great and important message on a sad occasion - hold on to the good memories.

How much better would life be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire?flickering flame photo: flame flickering small Flame.gif
Please use plain text.
bronx-dog
Community Member

in reply to tinkurbel

Tink, I am sorry for your loss.

Please use plain text.
tinkurbel
Community Member

in reply to thingsforyourotherhouse

Marc passed away yesterday after a brave fight against a horrible disease.

I hope our experience can help atleast one person from suffering the same way.

The world will be a much emptier place without you Waggy.

You touched so many lives and I know I am a better person for knowing you.

If ignored, Melanoma is a death sentence.

If you have one removed 

Get it radiated even if your doctor says its not necessary

get rechecked often

Please use plain text.
thingsforyourotherhouse
Community Member

Spoiler

yes, I know I spelled tragedy wrong. And I didn't give Lithium anything to get their red pen out!  NaNerNaNerNa  Na

Spoiler

Please use plain text.
thingsforyourotherhouse
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Thank you Honda,

Due to recent events with my family I just found this post!  You always come thru and I finally had a chance to find it.

Once again for anyone reading this MELANOMA IS NO JOKE>

I have watched my brother-in-law go from a husband, father, dirtbike racer, party guy, and everyone's best friend to a man moaning in pain (even with the morphine) in a hospital bed while every organ in his body and his brain are riddle with tumors.  Folks he went to the doctor three months ago. Well, actually about a year ago he had a melanoma removed from his shoulder. Doctors said "we got it all, you are a-ok and good to go".  Three months ago he returned to the doctor with severe pain to the same area.  A few tests later "Mr Warner, you have cancer in your lungs, liver, kidneys, blood, bones, lymph nodes," everywhere but the brain.

They started treatment, it was not pleasant.  Then Sunday night three weeks ago my niece called me and said "I need you Aunt Laura", I rushed over to her house and she was sobbing, her dad had a seizure................ more tests, Marc has hundreds of tumors in his brain.  In less than two months that cancer invaded his brain brutally.

He went home, had some bbq's with lots of friends and last week he had another seizure this time he didn't wake up from it for almost 5 minutes.  Back to the hospital. He has been there ever since. Twice we've gotten early morning calls to come to the hospital to say our goodbyes.  The last one on Thursday his last request was for a Newcastle beer - which I had to wait till

6 am to purchase and summgle into his room. My sister sponged it into his mouth (he can not drink anything in fear the liquid will fill into his lungs).  The smart a** that I am said awww he wasn't dying he just wanted a beer.  Well its Saturday and he still refuses to allow this B*t*h to beat him. My sister has been at his side the entire time (God Bless her she is a stong woman who I now worship).

The reason I am telling the entire eBay world this is:  Melanoma is the most deadlist cancer.  We all have skin!  If you notice the change in a mole or a strange growth on your skin have it checked out - but from there proceed very carefully.

What they don't tell you - Sometimes when oxygen hits a melanoma tumor that is it - it will spread like a wild fire in dry grass.

If you have a melanoma removed - INSIST on the area being radiated.  Don't trust the after surgeory scan or someone telling you "Oh we got it all"  INSIST on the radiation.  Make sure that even the most microscopic bit of cancer is gone and killed.

Don't end up like Marc. My eyes well up in tears when I think about him saying "This is a bad dream. this isn't happening" At 56 he should be out there in the desert racing and playing with his grandson.  Miracles happen every day and I'm not going to stop praying for one.  Thanks for taking the time to read this.  Bless you all and I hope this helps atleast one person so Marc's tragidy doesn't happen to anyone else.

IMG_6123.JPG

Please use plain text.
blingblingrock2004
Community Member

in reply to carkeysue

Because of amazon >>>> go for Amazon ! go go go 

Please use plain text.
taadaa58
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

This is great to know thanks honda! Most of my items I list with 'Sell similar'.I'm listing items this weekend with what this guy syggests.I'm anxious to see how it works!

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

tinkurbel wrote:

Oh wise one Honda

What if there are watchers with the relist? Does it still drop to the bottom of the barrel and if we "sell similar" does that notify the watcher the item has been relisted?

Don't know... And it seems with Cassini the jury's out on relist vs sell similar.

lookng2015 wrote:
It used to be that Sell Similar got a better boost in search than relisted, as the search engine considereed SS a 'new" listing.

Whether it makes a difference anymore now they've rolled out Cassini is a **bleep** shoot

According to this guy don't use  either, make a new one including pics.

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/pl/2013/1/1358212149.html

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
thingsforyourotherhouse
Community Member

in reply to tinkurbel

bump

still waiting on Sir Honda's reply

Please use plain text.
tinkurbel
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Oh wise one Honda

What if there are watchers with the relist? Does it still drop to the bottom of the barrel and if we "sell similar" does that notify the watcher the item has been relisted?

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to sakic92710

sakic92710 wrote:

I keep re-listing.  

Welcome to The Part Timers Forum.

Do not use "re-list", use Sell Similar.

Hope this helps!

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sakic92710

You cannot use the word that has a 'd' and an 'a' and an 'm' and an 'n' ?  lol

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to carkeysue

Hello.  Summer time is always a slow period but, I do find it frustrating when I post items that have NO competition & still do not get sales.  Also - maybe 2 other people will list the exact same item as I have posted & both sell.  However, eventually, when my item sits alone, I keep re-listing.  C'mon!  lol  This is when I wonder what is going on.  :smileytongue:  Good luck to all.  Cheers!  PS - Too many watchers- what is so **bleep** interesting if my item(s) are not selling?  haha

Please use plain text.