eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Sports Cards, Memorabilia & Fan Shop

Much earlier this year I put up a test auction with photos of a vintage University of Wisconsin blanket/felt I had bought at a local estate sale.  The estate sellers were using it like a doily on the back of a vintage couch.

As I didn't know exactly what it was, I came to you guys and asked your opinions.  I got lots of suggestuions, but it didn't sound like anybody had ever seen one like this.  The best suggestion was that I check out a web site of a guy whio was the expert on vintage blankets or felts from the early 20th century.  I followed a suggestion and emailed the guy, but never heard back from him.  What I did learn from the website was that the biggest blanket/felt he knew of was substantially smallerthan mine, which was @ 3' x 1'.

I decided to wait until college football season, and try an auction starting at $9,.95.  It worked.

Very early in the auction it showed one bid, at the minimum bid of $9.95.  I got solicitations to end the auction early from 3 different guys.  As two of the three said they would pay $100, I knew I had a good item.  I politely told them I would let the blanket got to a conclusion.

Well, after 34 bids, 8 watchers and around 80 page views, the blanket sold Monday night.... for $185.03.

I really was surprised at how high the bidding had gone by 24 hours before auction end..  I already had $175 with 24 hours to go.  With 15 minutes until auction end I had received no higher bids.  While I would have been happy at that price, two different bidders sniped with 7 seconds to go.  One of the snipers won at $185.03.  A man from wisconsin.

I appreciate all the help you guys gave..  Nice to be watching an old fashion bidding war.   As I didnt know what I was seeing, I wascareful nt to let the auction run.

Sports Cards, Memorabilia & Fan Shop discussion

So at shows rule of thumb used to be 10x table for a good day. What do you consider now a good day when selling at you local show. It seems that doing 5x table is almost what it has become?

Also has anyone else noticed another drop in sales despite having new and updated inventory? I had a spike in June and July, but ever since there has been a seady decline. I had my first sub 300 items a month sold since Nov 2012.  Does anyone think this may ,because of the new implement between Beckett and Ebay giving those mega sellers great visibility and the new stock photos?

Just wondering what your thoughts may be.

Oct 20, 2014 5:41:25 PM PT

Card Sellers

I've had these packs for years and not sure what's inside.  Does anyone know how you can tell what year they are from?   Was there anything worth looking for inside?  Cleaning out the basement and forgot that I had these.  Thanks!

Oct 21, 2014 10:51:09 AM PT

Topps Assorted Picture Cards?

Anyone know who this person is? Maybe an old baseball player???

I have an old black & white wallet sized photo and I don't recognize the person in the photo.

He may be a well know person but its hard to identify him due to him being very young in the pic.

The photo was a part of some vintage sports memorabila that was passed on to me when my aunt died.

She was very good friends with Minnie Minoso in the 1950's (baseball player for the Chicago White Sox) and I have quite a bit of Minnie Minoso Memorabilia.

My aunt collected photos, autographs, etc., from various sports figures. Its other miscellenous sports memorabilia in the batch and its all from the 1950's.

This small wallet sized photo was a part of the batch. It has to be someone that was in sports because the photo was a part of her sports memorabilia.

Do anyone know who this person is? Any help would be appreciated.

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 8
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 3
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 0 11
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 0 16
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a topic with new unread messages 4 7
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 7
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 1 16