cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Standard Envelope issues & refund?

Hey all, I've done a minimal amount of shipping with eBay standard envelope for cards valued under $20...maybe a dozen shipments or so.  I just had a buyer open an item not received case, and low and behold, it was an eBay standard envelope shipment.  I looked, and sure enough, the item is stuck in the postal system somewhere and the buyer never received it.  I tried to find it on their website but it's not obvious to me...how do I follow-up with eBay on this to file a complaint and/or get a refund for the value of the item shipped?  Do I have to wait so many days before I can do this?  It was sent about 3 weeks ago; plenty of time for the item to get where it's supposed to go.  eBay advertises insurance on these, so I want to hold them to it, but also take the proper steps so eBay can't tell me I didn't handle it correctly.  Any advice would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I ship a lot using eBay Standard envelope, and I don't have many issues, but for the couple that have come up, I was able to file my claim with no issues. Use the link already posted by Kensgiftshop. I've also been able to move the items along in the post office system using the missing mail option https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks both for your responses.  This is very helpful.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply