cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat is a mess

tyler@ebay 

What is with the chat, I try to post and get HTML errors and when I repost, I get

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)

Does nothing on this site work any more

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Chat is a mess

Hi @papermoneyforme 

When posting here in the Selling forum, I have had the same exact glitches that you describe (but not in Chat).

To work around the forum glitch, I click on "Preview" in the upper right corner of the reply. Then click "Reply" in the lower right hand corner. This sometimes enables the response to be posted. Another work-around is to use the draft of the post which gets auto-saved and can be found in your forum profile. Click on the profile link, then on the page that comes up, scroll down to the lower end of the page. You will find your auto-saved drafts. Click on the title, then when the content appears, click "Post" in the lower right corner. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I have been seeing these errors recently as well.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I've gotten them also........annoying as heck....... apparently doesn't process the html corrections.......and then when you try to post again, gives you the "3600 second" message.......

Seems like the double post warning (36000 seconds)  should only be shown IF the original post is posted.........

Lots of problems on these boards, but I don't see many corrections? 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I just wrote out a post and when I hit reply it redirected me to the home page instead of posting my content. brian@ebay - since Trinton is gone I hope you can follow up on the homepage redirect issue. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Platform-Feedback/Page-refresh-redirects-to-Community-Home-p...

Anyway- I reported this post flooding issue a month ago and Brian is looking into it-

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Platform-Feedback/Duplicate-Post-Error/m-p/31077877#M14590

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I do have a workaround for the HTML warning.  Cut your text and then paste it using Ctrl+Shift+V  That will strip all formatting and paste it as plain text.  You will have to re-apply your formatting using the board's options.

@dhbookds 

Also useful for  @mam98031 I am sure

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

I do have a workaround for the HTML warning.  Cut your text and then paste it using Ctrl+Shift+V  That will strip all formatting and paste it as plain text.  You will have to re-apply your formatting using the board's options.

@dhbookds 

Also useful for  @mam98031 I am sure

I just use my Snipping tool.  Less steps that what is suggested above and I can use it as many times as I want as you attach them like a pic.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

It isn't the Chat, it is the Forums.  It has had all kinds of issues the past 2+ months.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I do have a workaround for the HTML warning. Cut your text and then paste it using Ctrl+Shift+V That will strip all formatting and paste it as plain text. You will have to re-apply your formatting using the board's options.

I do have a workaround for the HTML warning. Cut your text and then paste it using Ctrl+Shift+V That will strip all formatting and paste it as plain text. You will have to re-apply your formatting using the board's options.

@gwzcomps 

just trying it out.......thanks........

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @papermoneyforme - sorry that you ran into some errors there! I'll get this reported. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I use my Snipping Tool for screenshot-type captures--especially of the eBay platform, but if I'm copy/pasting a text-type quote from an internet article or another thread or whatnot, I usually just use the copy/paste clipboard feature.

Good idea to try the Snipping Tool for just regular ol' text, though. I might try that next time I want to quote/post part of an article from another site.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I have yet to have the "Preview" feature work for me since the community revisions. (It worked perfectly before.) I was just going to start a thread on that . . . 

I click on it and the comment disappears, with a spinning dotted circle. Nothing beyond that every happens. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the same exact glitches, "preview"has been working for me .

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

I use my Snipping Tool for screenshot-type captures--especially of the eBay platform, but if I'm copy/pasting a text-type quote from an internet article or another thread or whatnot, I usually just use the copy/paste clipboard feature.

Good idea to try the Snipping Tool for just regular ol' text, though. I might try that next time I want to quote/post part of an article from another site.

Currently the forums don't let me C&P from anywhere.  I get the dreaded red warning.  I even have to snip my word docs.  It has been like this for quite a few weeks now.  The list of problems on the forum is long and from all appearances not getting any better in many weeks that I can tell.  At least none of the issues I have reported have been fixed and we are going on month three now.  All stemming from an update Khoros did one Thursday.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply