cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reply with quote

I'm getting the error stating that there was HTML in my message and it's been removed repeatedly when trying to post a reply that includes a quote.  There's no HMTL whatsoever in the reply. trying to reply multiple times results in the same error over and over.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Were is the quote from?

Such happens when the words have embedded code with them: usually take when copy from internet..

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@dtexley3 

I think @donsdetour's correct--there's hidden html somewhere in the post/quoted verbiage. Before the community revisions, this problem would resolve itself; i.e., if you tried to post and received the html error message, all you had to do was click on "Post" again, and the message would post. That doesn't work anymore, because, well, why would it, right? 

I've taken to creating posts in the comment box, cutting them out, pasting them into an html stripper, running the stripper, copying the text from the stripper, and reposting it into the eBay comment box before trying to post the comment again.

And good luck dodging the "Post flooding" error.

At least we can all take comfort knowing that they can screw up the community discussion-board software as easily as they can screw up the buying/selling platform. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply