cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPLAUSE FOR COMMUNITY MENTORS

I posted this earlier to the thread of appreciation for nobodys*perfect, but thought it would be only right to post this as a new thread since that thread was an older one, although it had just dropped off in the last few days, many may have disregarded it due to it being up for a month.  It seems a poor way for me to express my admiration, respect,  and gratitude, by posting in a stale thread.  So here we go.

Thank you to Community Mentors for their untiring work on the Member to Member Support Boards, in addition to all the other Boards such as Selling, Bidding/Buying, Shipping and Return, Payments, My Account, Seller Hub, Mobile App, etc.

I understand from a Community Mentor that these people have quotas for their participation on the Member to Member Boards to retain their Mentor status.  They spend a lot of time there.

So they not only post on the Member to Member Boards, they post on other Boards as well.  That they help on other Boards in addition to the Member to Member Boards is awesome!

In addition to this, they adhere to high standards of performance and behavior so as to be good examples.

My thanks to the Mentors who have been so supportive to me.

A big round of applause here!Smiley Happy  I  hope you will join me in expressing appreciation and I thank you for sharing your thoughts most sincerely.

Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

agreed-- the cms are just wonderful and deserve to take a bow. maybe they should get a raise, eh? many thanks

Message 2 of 104
latest reply

A raise?  Like a taller chair to sit in, LOL?Smiley Very Happy

But I like the way you think!

Message 3 of 104
latest reply

Quotas for a volunteer position? Not my cuppa Joe but major props to those taking the challenge!

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 4 of 104
latest reply

The mentors I know do the job to help people and actually don't like all these awards and faux adulation as they know we work together as a community to help others on Ebay out. A thank you from Ebay is appreciated but we all deserve that.

Message 5 of 104
latest reply

@lsislanders wrote:

agreed-- the cms are just wonderful and deserve to take a bow. maybe they should get a raise, eh? many thanks

You're so right~people who actually deserve appreciation should get it.  

Message 6 of 104
latest reply

It takes guts to become a volunteer.....sometimes.

I am a volunteer at my daughter's school during the pick up time. The parking lot is like a war zone. The parents basically throw their cars on me as there's a sign there saying "no left turn into the school", but there they are, making a quick left turn while "making everybody else waiting for their turn to make a right turn mad".

I've been doing this for 3 years. I've been reminded of mothers day so many times. None the less, several attempts to run me down by parents with their cars. 

I hate if they want to praise me, but one day my daughter told me "in secret" that I was going to be commended and rewarded with a diploma during school opening ceremony so I should show up next day, on Thursday.  I showed up, nothing!

Next day, I am running some errands, and there it is! A text message with my daughter's picture holding a diploma for me, I was rewarded for being such a niche parent volunteering during pick up time. Smiley Very Happy

As I said, I hate praising, I do anything with love....but don't treat me as a piece of garbage that I will get mad. Smiley Wink

latest reply

It's often embarrassing when you just do something because you want to and people make such a big deal about. Especially when the people you do it for can't acknowledge how much you've helped them.

I've always said - I don't need a raise - I'd just like the Boss to come up and say thank you - sincere and one to one - no big staff meeting to recognize me because that makes others feel slighted.

Message 8 of 104
latest reply

Well said, Castle! They definitely deserve our praise and admiration.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 9 of 104
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

I've always said - I don't need a raise - I'd just like the Boss to come up and say thank you - sincere and one to one - no big staff meeting to recognize me because that makes others feel slighted.

I would take the private thank you, wouldn't care for any public accolades- with you there- but no way in heck I'm turning down that raise!

Message 10 of 104
latest reply

Just in case some of the mentors don't see this...

@dcintennessee 

@jame234 

@city*satins 

@soh.maryl 

@kare-bearb 

@penguins_dont_fly 

@jtzvwbug 

@janet9988 

@nc-daydreamer 

@mg152 

Message 11 of 104
latest reply

@misfitfun 

@jacbarcollectibles 

@fab_finds4u 

@*lady*madonna* 

@divwido 

@mr_lees_deals 

@woodland_gnome 

@house*of*paws 

@nufces09 

Sorry, they have a limit of 10 @mentions per post.

I think I got mostly everyone. Sorry to those I may have missed. 🙂

Message 15 of 104
latest reply