cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Payment Management Nightmare!

So I was dumb enough to sign up for this, and since 9/25, I have had $179.94 just sitting in limbo.  Four days and still no payout.  Package was even delivered faster than me being paid.  Keep getting the run around from the customer support.  Anyone having issues?  

Message 1 of 96
latest reply
95 REPLIES 95

Re: eBay's Payment Management Nightmare!

@mikey12456-us wrote:

Well it seems to me that they always stressed to not ship until you receive payment. I’ve decided that I’m not shipping until the funds are in my account. I’ll let the buyer know what’s up. It seems to me that when Ebay decided to put a hold on funds when a return was filed, they saw how much interest they made on those held funds. Now if you can imagine how much interest on all sales for 3-4 days when it’s finally in your account.

Be sure that you set up your handling time to fit in with your shipping policy.

The money not being in "your" bank account is no different than if it were held by PayPal.  Not shipping because you feel you have not been paid because the money "has not transferred to your bank account" , is not the same as when the buyer has not yet paid.

Message 76 of 96
latest reply

Just so you know that it is eBay that is putting the hold on the funds for new sellers.  There may be factors that I am not aware of, but I know I've' seen complaints from new sellers who don't have any extra funds in Paypal to pay for shipping.   What they should be doing if at all possible is transfer some money from their bank account to Paypal for the shipping expenses before starting to sell and many of them are not prepared.  It can take a bank 3-5 days to transfer money to Paypal.   I have read that new sellers can contact Paypal and request the funds to ship. Paypal  is faster at transferring money to your bank account than they used to be. 

Message 77 of 96
latest reply

It will just be passed along back to the seller originally when ebay decided to be the merchant of record they'd have had to cover it,but its now going to be put back on the seller with ebay picking up the we fought tooth and nail 20 dollar fee.... The simple reason it won't ever work correctly is just look at the numbers paypal employs 18,000 people and probably 75% of those folks deal with ebay transactions ebay employs 16,000 people and almost none of them deal with payment issues...

Message 78 of 96
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

It will just be passed along back to the seller originally when ebay decided to be the merchant of record they'd have had to cover it,but its now going to be put back on the seller with ebay picking up the we fought tooth and nail 20 dollar fee.... The simple reason it won't ever work correctly is just look at the numbers paypal employs 18,000 people and probably 75% of those folks deal with ebay transactions ebay employs 16,000 people and almost none of them deal with payment issues...

I already figured that, but I didn't want to appear to be a 'conspiracy theorist'.  Smiley Surprised  Smiley Wink  Smiley Very Happy

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 79 of 96
latest reply

Just looking at the numbers is all one has to do the reality will soak in this weekend and next week ebay should set a new 52 week low record they are only 42 cents away...

Message 80 of 96
latest reply

+1,  Exactly!

To actually get involved in the resolution of credit card disputes would require massive growth in ebay's head count. There's no chance that's going to happen. I noted on another thread that folks thinking all these "issues" were somehow overlooked by the folks doing the program until they heard about them on an internet chat I think (imo) are being naive.  

I can just about guarantee the program was sold internally as one that could be done almost bare bones. No need to replicate paypal staffing, because they just won't offer those features.  Things like a system for partial refunds, shipping escrow and seller protection increase complexity and increase costs. 

Message 81 of 96
latest reply

All I know is I tried to buy something with the 15% off coupon from a seller in the program.  Emphasis on "tried" - I entered card info, entered coupon code & the card info disappeared.  Tried to start over & my cart was empty.  I gave them feedback on what I thought of the "new payment page" in spades.  Poor seller lost out on the sale of 6 items & so did ebay.

Message 82 of 96
latest reply

I've read most of this discussion and am very concerned.  I'm going to wait as long as possible before the official change over.

I sell on the other E site and love love love the way they manage payments and money deposits.  For me, on the other site, I do receive monthly payments and all fees and postage are paid out of the available funds.  Just so so easy.  With them you can set up daily deposits which happens within a few hours -- not days.  So sorry you are going thru the 'wait and see mode'.

Paypal -- yep, like them as well and yet could easily live without that service and it looks like that day is coming.  Just like the other E site, I transfer funds once a month into my checking account unless I buy something.

Part of me is thinking that if eBay followed the vendors ahead of them they would find out what works and doesn't work.  So sad that they want to work there own agenda -- so much waisted time as far as I can tell.

Hopefully you can get back to PayPal until 'the' day it all ends!

Seller since 09/20/01 ~~ this is my posting ID.
Message 83 of 96
latest reply

ebays just guilty of taking the 1.3% program rather than 2.5% that the competition took. They were happy with a .2 skim and everything working flawless and ebay wants the 1.4% skim and will let the sellers figure it out...

Message 84 of 96
latest reply

There are weekend payouts, just not to your personal bank account, I received a $7 payout today, Sunday 9/30/2018 AFTER the 1 PM PST window, almost 2 hours after the window. In fact at 1 PM and I didn't even have anything available for payout, and then all of a sudden $7 freed up, and transferred well after the daily payout, another $140 will be ready for payout tomorrow at 1 PM, but the $179.94 from 9/25.... still processing. I don't think the guys who built this have any idea where my money is!
Message 85 of 96
latest reply

So it was American Express that was holding up the payments. It took em a week, but American Express I guess can hold charges for 6 business days before they clear. I am still stuck with eBay's Payment Management and not sure how to handle these holds. Do I NOT ship items until the funds clear? Do I ship and hope that the funds clear? I mean for Top Rated Sellers this will be a challenge, just had a guy with 1 feedback, mine buy a $59.99 item... with Paypal I had Paypal protection which kind of covered as long as you shipped to confirmed address etc. With eBay there isn't even anyone available to ask! Ugh
Message 86 of 96
latest reply

I bought 2 items recently using paypal. Both are in transit to me.
Message 87 of 96
latest reply

Hi,

I have lost numerous customers who only use Paypal. I called eBay customer service and was told, in simple terms, no way to opt out of Ebay payments. By summer 2019 eBay will have intergarted with Paypal and I shopuld be patient. In the meantime, I have had to cancel numerous customer's orderswho are irrate that I can't accept Paypal anymore. The eBay customer service rep was arrogant in informing me that in light of the great benefits and savings eBay payments offer, I will ultimately be in a better place. Any ideas as to how to salvage my lost Paypal customers would be appreciated.

Message 88 of 96
latest reply

>>Any ideas as to how to salvage my lost Paypal customers would be appreciated

You have their real email addresses in the PayPal transactions. Figure something out based on that.
Message 89 of 96
latest reply

@dafnaquality wrote:

Hi,

I have lost numerous customers who only use Paypal. I called eBay customer service and was told, in simple terms, no way to opt out of Ebay payments. By summer 2019 eBay will have intergarted with Paypal and I shopuld be patient. In the meantime, I have had to cancel numerous customer's orderswho are irrate that I can't accept Paypal anymore. The eBay customer service rep was arrogant in informing me that in light of the great benefits and savings eBay payments offer, I will ultimately be in a better place. Any ideas as to how to salvage my lost Paypal customers would be appreciated.

In wkly chat,  they gave a dedicated managed payment phone number  .......18004563229  and said they will work with sellers for whom the program is not beneficial.......i.e. they are losing customers because of paypal.......

Message 90 of 96
latest reply