cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Payment Management Nightmare!

So I was dumb enough to sign up for this, and since 9/25, I have had $179.94 just sitting in limbo.  Four days and still no payout.  Package was even delivered faster than me being paid.  Keep getting the run around from the customer support.  Anyone having issues?  

Message 1 of 96
latest reply
95 REPLIES 95

Re: eBay's Payment Management Nightmare!

I think there was also a comment in that particular part of the chat about 'self-funding' - as in the seller making deposits into paypal to be able to purchase shipping.  

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 31 of 96
latest reply

I was wondering when that date was going to be because I don't want their new payment system at all.  I like having my money in PayPal and separate from my checking account as it's my mad money.  I use it to buy the things I want.  It's also the easist way for me to keep track of what I earn and spend for my ebay business.  I don't want to have to open a nedw checking account just for my ebay business becaise I am adamant about keeping it separate from my household income.  I am hoping that I can have my own website up and running before this new payment system is foisted on everyone.  The one thing I have learned over the years is to not get involved in beta testing because they are always buggy.  Same thing with new electronic devices.  I don't jump on the newest toys until good reviews have come out by consumers.

Message 32 of 96
latest reply

@gracieallen01

Thanks Gracie. The "self funding" part would be I transfer MY money (not funds from the sale) into PP so I can ship out. Sorry, I can't send out items without showing a definite deposit/payment to my bank account. So when this all happens, will be extending my handle time to 4-5 days. Then won't get any sales cause I don't ship out fast enough lolol. Isn't it currently now eBay's policy with a new seller whose funds are on hold in PP that eBay, or is it PP?,  will let them at least use the money for the shipping and the rest remains on Hold? I think that is how it works. Would be a great idea if eBay could do same with this new process. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 33 of 96
latest reply

self funding back to PayPal? Okay so let me get this straight. You wait some days for your payment from eBay to your bank. Then you transfer funds back to PayPal and wait another several days for those funds to arrive in PayPal? Just so seller can purchase shipping?

If forced in new payments I recommend two things. Firstly a unique bank account and credit card just for eBay. You want that to be seperate to your main bank accounts or you could get problems with your main bank acount (charge backs etc). Second try to keep $500 - $1000 credit in PayPal at all times reserved for emergencies.

The main problem here though will be for small sellers that have minimal funds to purchase the shipping. How many are going to get caught out when they are in the new system, sell something, then realise they need money in PayPal for purchasing shipping labels?

Message 34 of 96
latest reply

Oh, and please correct me if I am wrong about the new seller rules and PP. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 35 of 96
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

I think there was also a comment in that particular part of the chat about 'self-funding' - as in the seller making deposits into paypal to be able to purchase shipping.  

I can't make deposits INTO PayPal because of the bank account I use with them. It is a one way street ... money can go into it but I can't transfer money out unless it goes into another account at the same credit union. When I buy something using PayPal I pay with the CC attached to it. So unless I could pay for my shipping with that CC then I could not create a shipping label via PayPal using this new payment processor.

Message 36 of 96
latest reply

If they do NOT let me opt out, I will close my account, and open a new one. I am no where near a top rated seller, I have another seller account that I switch to, so nothing to lose other than time, but at least I will start getting paid right away again. They never were clear on Paypal NOT being an option. Tomorrow 10/1 I will try to opt out. I can't have $400 sitting out of reach for 4 days.
Message 37 of 96
latest reply

I just opted out. So the fine print, NO PAYPAL payments will be accepted with the new system until September of 2019. So eBay spent years drilling ONLY PAYPAL to everyone, and now they won't let buyers use it! They want buyers to add a new credit or debit card into the system. My $179.94 is still no where to be found, 5 people, 5 days, and I have nothing to show for it except a happy customer. $360 is sitting on eBay right now, I can't use it for shipping like I normally do, I can use to pay eBay fees if I wanted to, and I do not know how much is actually gonna transfer tomorrow. So I'm out!
Message 38 of 96
latest reply

@abfabvintage
abfabvintage wrote:

gracieallen01

Thanks Gracie. The "self funding" part would be I transfer MY money (not funds from the sale) into PP so I can ship out. Sorry, I can't send out items without showing a definite deposit/payment to my bank account. So when this all happens, will be extending my handle time to 4-5 days. Then won't get any sales cause I don't ship out fast enough lolol. Isn't it currently now eBay's policy with a new seller whose funds are on hold in PP that eBay, or is it PP?,  will let them at least use the money for the shipping and the rest remains on Hold? I think that is how it works. Would be a great idea if eBay could do same with this new process. 

I think that was the gist of it.  It would seem that paypal is jut plain out-of-the-loop right now, where it concerns the 'managed payments'.  I still can't help but think that it is more paypal's choice than ebay's.

It has been, in the past, set up that a certain amount of a sale could be used for postage.  I'm not sure if it is ebay or PayPal who 'allows' it (being joined at the hip, I figured it never really made any difference), though I would think ebay.  I must admit that I'm not usually current with the daily operation of PayPal, as I've never used them, so I'm not sure if it is still allowing it for new sellers/sales that aren't handled by Adyen (intermediated).

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 39 of 96
latest reply

@duncanvr wrote:

self funding back to PayPal? Okay so let me get this straight. You wait some days for your payment from eBay to your bank. Then you transfer funds back to PayPal and wait another several days for those funds to arrive in PayPal? Just so seller can purchase shipping?

Oh NO!  When you get a sale, you just call your bank - or go to any convenient ATM, etc. - and have them move a few dollars over to PayPal and then you can print out the shipping!  Smiley Sad

If forced in new payments I recommend two things. Firstly a unique bank account and credit card just for eBay. You want that to be seperate to your main bank accounts or you could get problems with your main bank acount (charge backs etc). Second try to keep $500 - $1000 credit in PayPal at all times reserved for emergencies.

The main problem here though will be for small sellers that have minimal funds to purchase the shipping. How many are going to get caught out when they are in the new system, sell something, then realise they need money in PayPal for purchasing shipping labels?

Somehow, I don't think that ebay is putting that info into the 'How to Sell on ebay' docs.

Message 40 of 96
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

I can't make deposits INTO PayPal because of the bank account I use with them. It is a one way street ... money can go into it but I can't transfer money out unless it goes into another account at the same credit union. When I buy something using PayPal I pay with the CC attached to it. So unless I could pay for my shipping with that CC then I could not create a shipping label via PayPal using this new payment processor.

Unfortunately, you may have a lot of good company.  I think that there is a whole lot that ebay hasn't taken into consideration or that may have been suggested but ebay has it's own ideas of what it wants to do.

It would seem that it is strictly an ebay situation.  Many other businesses that use Adyen don't have these problems, and never have.  After the basics of info in > money out, Adyen can only go by the setup and model that the client gives them. 

Message 41 of 96
latest reply

So, in this situation you have a buyer who paid for the item and you must ship it but you do not have the money and according to the OP nobody at Ebay knows where this money is. That's just peachy. PUSH PUSH PUSH for ultra fast quarenteed delivery and no money from the sale. OMG.

Message 42 of 96
latest reply

Selling dollar palooza pins just doesn't seem to be much of testing anything..

Message 43 of 96
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Selling dollar palooza pins just doesn't seem to be much of testing anything..

Welllll, it doesn't push the boundries, much, does it?  Smiley Very Happy

Message 44 of 96
latest reply

They all leave each other feedback so you can backtrack what else they've been selling and after about the 30th seller you begin to realize what a total joke their testing was....

Message 45 of 96
latest reply