cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Payment Management Nightmare!

So I was dumb enough to sign up for this, and since 9/25, I have had $179.94 just sitting in limbo.  Four days and still no payout.  Package was even delivered faster than me being paid.  Keep getting the run around from the customer support.  Anyone having issues?  

Message 1 of 96
latest reply
95 REPLIES 95

Re: eBay's Payment Management Nightmare!

@steohanfloess wrote:
I didn't see the PayPal won't work part! But my other bigger gripe is that there hasn't been a Payout now for 2 days, everything I sold Friday and Saturday are pending along with my sales from 9/25. So eBay has $372 of mine and I can't do anything with it. That could easily have paid for most of eBay fees! Also you don't get daily pay outs, even though I have had daily sales, I haven't had a payout the 28th, 29th, or 30th. So that is 3 days and tomorrow won't hit till 1300 (1 PM) so technically 4 days! There is no excuse!

I don’t think there are weekend payouts? So anything sold on Friday and Saturday shouldn’t be paid out until at least the next business day. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 61 of 96
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:

@hioctane62 wrote:

I believe that what's being reported is exactly the purpose of this new system, ebay getting to hang on to our funds for DAYS. Millions of dollars sitting in ebay's hands perpetually. Earning interest that they can show as profit. I don't think it's a glitch at all, but it's working exactly as it was designed to.

Not sure about that. If that were the case they'd be better served actually allowing sellers to have a "payment account" ON ebay to use for fees, shipping etc. and to transfer funds from on their own schedule.

Which is exactly the way it works on Etsy (which also uses Adyen).  Why eBay decided to go with "the own model" is beyond me.

Message 62 of 96
latest reply

Well it seems to me that they always stressed to not ship until you receive payment. I’ve decided that I’m not shipping until the funds are in my account. I’ll let the buyer know what’s up. It seems to me that when Ebay decided to put a hold on funds when a return was filed, they saw how much interest they made on those held funds. Now if you can imagine how much interest on all sales for 3-4 days when it’s finally in your account.

Message 63 of 96
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

@steohanfloess wrote:

So I was dumb enough to sign up for this, and since 9/25, I have had $179.94 just sitting in limbo.  Four days and still no payout.  Package was even delivered faster than me being paid.  Keep getting the run around from the customer support.  Anyone having issues?  

If you were using the Ebay Global Shipping for your international sales you might want to check on that. I think that doesn't work with this new payment system.

Also, if you are staying with this you will probably have to redo your listings which has that big block about PayPal payments plus the info on International Shipping. I looked at a few of your current listings and they do not show you ship outside US.

You're right~you cannot take Paypal and you cannot use GSP.

Message 64 of 96
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

They all leave each other feedback so you can backtrack what else they've been selling and after about the 30th seller you begin to realize what a total joke their testing was....

Frankly, I never did take the hype about the beta seriously.  To do a real one, one would have to spend the time, and time is money, and .....

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 65 of 96
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

I think there was also a comment in that particular part of the chat about 'self-funding' - as in the seller making deposits into paypal to be able to purchase shipping.  

There is no reason to transfer funds into paypal to pay for shipping labels.  Paypal will use your funding source for payment.  Just change your funding source in paypal to the ebay payments deposit account.

Message 66 of 96
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

I think there was also a comment in that particular part of the chat about 'self-funding' - as in the seller making deposits into paypal to be able to purchase shipping.  

There is no reason to transfer funds into paypal to pay for shipping labels.  Paypal will use your funding source for payment.  Just change your funding source in paypal to the ebay payments deposit account.

Yes, I suppose that would be one way of doing it, as well. 

Still and all, that doesn't get around the part where one WAS able to pay for shipping from proceeds of the sale - within a reasonable time frame (as in next day after payment, etc.)

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 67 of 96
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Yes, I suppose that would be one way of doing it, as well. 

Still and all, that doesn't get around the part where one WAS able to pay for shipping from proceeds of the sale - within a reasonable time frame (as in next day after payment, etc.)

I think many of the areas being mentioned will eventually happen.  This is still in beta testing and lots of things have changed already.  eBay has said since day one they want sellers to have there funds as quickly as they can find a way to transfer it to them.  eBay does not want to hold seller funds at all.  They do not want seller accounts holding money on the site.  They want transfers daily.

The transfer time frames will get quicker, I believe we will be able to purchase shipping label on eBay very soon, and I think Paypal will be available soon as well.  Not before the holiday selling season but IMO soon after along with the apple pay and others.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 68 of 96
latest reply

I would hope that you are right in your estimation of the situation.  (You do recall the person from the payment team said that this was not a test, but an actual launch, right?)  I guess that there are some things that concern me and, probably, the main one is that a number of very large companies use Adyen, Adyen is not a new kid on the block, Ayden hasn't been in the news for bad practises and the various companies that have used them haven't announced or been reported to have had major problems with their payment system.  From initial reports, things don't seem to be going quite as smoothly for ebay or sellers.  Perhaps it is that ebay has never been overly forthcoming with 'details' or overly generous with what they have in mind or how things may work. 

As far as paypal being included back in the mix, that is what ebay says, and perhaps it is true - has PayPal said anything to confirm that?  Paypal IS an independent company now and may speak for itself.  ebay has also indicated that there could be a 2-4 business day transfer time between their deposit and the bank accounting for the funds - which has nothing to do with the timeframe, of information to and clearing of, by Adyen.  Some sellers may find that 'inconvenient'.  Sometimes, it just seems like not everything ebay say will happen does, or in the timeframe indicated.

Message 69 of 96
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

I would hope that you are right in your estimation of the situation.  (You do recall the person from the payment team said that this was not a test, but an actual launch, right?)  I guess that there are some things that concern me and, probably, the main one is that a number of very large companies use Adyen, Adyen is not a new kid on the block, Ayden hasn't been in the news for bad practises and the various companies that have used them haven't announced or been reported to have had major problems with their payment system.  From initial reports, things don't seem to be going quite as smoothly for ebay or sellers.  Perhaps it is that ebay has never been overly forthcoming with 'details' or overly generous with what they have in mind or how things may work. 

As far as paypal being included back in the mix, that is what ebay says, and perhaps it is true - has PayPal said anything to confirm that?  Paypal IS an independent company now and may speak for itself.  ebay has also indicated that there could be a 2-4 business day transfer time between their deposit and the bank accounting for the funds - which has nothing to do with the timeframe, of information to and clearing of, by Adyen.  Some sellers may find that 'inconvenient'.  Sometimes, it just seems like not everything ebay say will happen does, or in the timeframe indicated.

Not sure, but the PayPal delay could be due to the eBay/PayPal agreement that was made when they split. Possibly that contract term has to end before they negotiate something new.

Message 70 of 96
latest reply

edit: ...
Message 71 of 96
latest reply

So far all the bait they tossed out to lure in the fish has been bad so anywhere from here would be a improvement. I did notice they changed themselves from MOR to a payment transfer service so that 180 day chargeback window will be back in the mix...

Message 72 of 96
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

You can also use whatever account your eBay deposits go into to purchase labels with a stamps dot com account.

Message 73 of 96
latest reply

Hmmm, I thought that 5 year contract was still in effect until 20 or 21.  I wonder, if so, why it would make a difference now or next summer? 

More questions, fewer answers.

Message 74 of 96
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

So far all the bait they tossed out to lure in the fish has been bad so anywhere from here would be a improvement. I did notice they changed themselves from MOR to a payment transfer service so that 180 day chargeback window will be back in the mix...

I wonder how that is going to work when a chargeback comes into Adyen?  Is ebay going to refer that back to the seller or is Adyen supposed to take over the handling of the CB?

Message 75 of 96
latest reply