Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Help calculating fees

Hello, I'm a new (outside of the US) seller, and I've been struggling lately calculating eBay fees and my costs, net profits etc... I use a 3rd party website eBay calculation fee, and I put all my costs, eBay percentage etc.. However, I realized eBay...

Returns for not as described

I just got my first return on eBay, really any platform. Anyway, the buyer claimed "Not as Described" but in the message they clearly didn't check all the photos or bothered reading the description. Just a quick browse of the community I knew to acce...

Regarding credit card link

I can not link my card, massage come that I have outstanding with my account. Not sufficient balance. Why I have a balance ?

User avatar by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sold perfect lens, buyer takes apart wants return

I sold a used lens in perfect working condition, however, after the buyer received it, he took it apart and claimed some screws were missing on the inside. He didn’t contact me for a return until after he took it apart. Now the lens is completely rui...

Sold a low cost item. the buyer has left 3 NEGATIVES this past month with POSITIVE comments+

This would be my first negative assuming it happens which I deem to be quite probable. Here are my questions: Would this bother you at all? I am a small seller and only get a handful of reviews a month and I have 100% positive feedback. I know I will...

Change Address Scam

So I know this has been posted about before b it I felt like making one as well since someone just tried to do this to me and I figure the more post there are, the more likely it will become common knowledge. So what happened was I sold a GoPro and a...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 6 replies
  • 1 helpful

SHIP or CANCEL?

Item: $5Shipping: $5 for the first pack. $3 each additional.Tax: 47 centsTotal: $10.47The customer buys one.The customer lives in Hawaii, on my island, 2 towns away.The customer messages me "$11 to ship this from Ewa Beach to Waianae?"What would you ...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 37 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! Buyer Never Paid For Item- over 7 days- How do I Cancel, without receiving a defect?

I sold an item over 7 days ago, and the buyer never paid. I sent a friendly reminder after 7 days, no response.... then a follow-up message to see if the buyer was still interested in receiving the item that they purchased... unfortunately, still no ...

International Selling - Any Advice?

I'm based on the USA and I'm primary selling postcards in the $3-10 range.I have hundreds of international postcards that I'll eventually be listing, so it seems to make sense to allow shipping to international locations. I'd really appreciate any ad...

Resolved! Any script or extension or 3rd party site showing number of items per category in search results?

Everybody knows how faulty to Ebay search is and how important it is to list the item with as many parameters as possible and also list it in the most appropriate category. However, Ebay isn't very helpful sometimes with suggesting the right category...

USPS stated "MISSENT"

Was tracking a package for one of my buyers, I was to be delivered Today, however the USPS update states it was "MISSENT" USPS was no help on the phone today, so I will go in person tommorow, Should I take "missent" by the usps means the sent it to t...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Will the 1099 form have your Ebay Name on it?

Just wondering if when you get the 1099, will it have your Ebay ID printed on the form? What happens if you have 2 selling accounts? Will you get 2 different 1099 forms? Both accounts are in my name and have my social security number.

Resolved! "We removed some search results"

So I like to shop the newly-listed in the buy-it-now search, but now see that ebay is purposely hiding some of the results, and gives you the option of showing all results. Then I discovered some of my items were in the "hidden area" and now know why...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors