cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the 1099 form have your Ebay Name on it?

Just wondering if when you get the 1099, will it have your Ebay ID printed on the form?  What happens if you have 2 selling accounts?   Will you get 2 different 1099 forms?  Both accounts are in my name and have my social security number.  

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:

Just wondering if when you get the 1099, will it have your Ebay ID printed on the form?  What happens if you have 2 selling accounts?   Will you get 2 different 1099 forms?  Both accounts are in my name and have my social security number.  

Form 1099-K | eBay

If you have multiple eBay accounts associated with the same Tax ID, your thresholds are calculated by combining all payment transactions. If your combined sales exceed the above thresholds, you'll receive a Form 1099-K for each account, even if one or more of the individual accounts do not exceed the IRS reporting thresholds.

For example, you may have two eBay seller accounts associated with the same Tax ID. If you have over 200 sales transactions combined between the two accounts, and received $19,999 in payments on one account and $5 on the other, you'll receive a separate Form 1099-K for each account.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:

Form 1099-K | eBay

If you have multiple eBay accounts associated with the same Tax ID, your thresholds are calculated by combining all payment transactions. If your combined sales exceed the above thresholds, you'll receive a Form 1099-K for each account, even if one or more of the individual accounts do not exceed the IRS reporting thresholds.

For example, you may have two eBay seller accounts associated with the same Tax ID. If you have over 200 sales transactions combined between the two accounts, and received $19,999 in payments on one account and $5 on the other, you'll receive a separate Form 1099-K for each account.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thank you. The treshhold is 600 dollars for 2022 incase you did not know. It doesn't matter how many sales you had.   Will the 1099 say the  Ebay account ID?  

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

The 1099 will have your full name and address as well as your account number. Your EIN, which for most people is their SSN will be shown as xxx-xx-last four digits of your SSN. If you have multiple accounts as  

juanmogamer noted it will total the two accounts and add them together and you will receive the single 1099 that shows one total for both accounts. Mine has looked that way for the last 3 years. 
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:

Thank you. The treshhold is 600 dollars for 2022 incase you did not know. It doesn't matter how many sales you had.   Will the 1099 say the  Ebay account ID?  

I am not sure about the ID. I don't know where that would go on a 1099-K and I have never received one from eBay. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

It should combine them under your actual name not your eBay name.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

It's under the account number. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

For some of us, depending on which State you live in, the reporting threshold has been lowered for a number of years and we have been receiving 1099's for several years. So 2022 will be no different than it has been unless the Federal threshold is lower than what the States already have in place. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thanks to all.  I am thinking now of starting a totally new name now and abandon my other ones.  I want to start selling big lots now.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

If you plan to sell, use an account that already has feedback. The better sales will make up for any tax exposure.

EBay knows your real name. It is possible that you may have used different versions of your name at different times.

John JJ Smith

JJ Jingleheimer Smith

Jacob Smith

John Jacob Smith

JJJ Smith

John Smith

But all of those should have the same SSN or ITIN.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply