cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any script or extension or 3rd party site showing number of items per category in search results?

Everybody knows how faulty to Ebay search is and how important it is to list the item with as many parameters as possible and also list it in the most appropriate category. 

However, Ebay isn't very helpful sometimes with suggesting the right category and it requires check individual category for the number of items currently listed (in the hope that the category with the most listed items similar to the one I am selling is the right category).

However, I can't eve do that easily, it's not possible to tell how many search results are there per category.

I'm wondering if anybody came accros an extension or grease monkey script or 3rd party site etc.. that shows the number of listings when searching.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Any script or extension or 3rd party site showing number of items per category in search results?

Hi, you might try WatchCount.com as they have some interesting eBay statistics. I don’t know if it gets that specific, but it may be worth a look.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, you might try WatchCount.com as they have some interesting eBay statistics. I don’t know if it gets that specific, but it may be worth a look.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Many years ago there were a few but none that I know of still exist (could be out there).

Thing is, the "right category" is the category item belongs in. Some Items can fit into a few Categories but again  the number of listings returned in search is meaningless.

What type of Item are you having a hard time figuring out which Category it belongs in? (a single example?)

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

This works, actually, surprisingly, I haven't thought the site could be useful but yes it is.   The category is shown with every listed item.

@slippinjimmy   there are some categories where things could fit in both. For example a door handle set is sold in business industrial and also in home improvement, sometimes it is hard to tell, best way is to see which categories have the most sales and best price. Ebay categories are Ebay structure and I wouldn't put much trust in their category tree. What is more important where the buyers go and what buyers search for (expressions). When I look what buyers search for and compare with category names that Ebay has, makes me only wonder where Ebay came with some of the naming ideas. 

The WarchCount.com site helps to quickly find the category to list to, without need to click multiple windows to open to find out where items are sold and number of watchers. 

image_2022-03-16_215040.png

Message 4 of 4
latest reply