cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's leaving?

I know I'm not alone with the way I feel about ebay's new pay plan. Who's leaving and what other platform have you found for selling? 

Message 1 of 218
latest reply
217 REPLIES 217

Re: Who's leaving?

Hi - I am a small seller. However, ebay gets about 20 % of whatever I sell, (this includes shipping). It is very aggravating.  L

Message 166 of 218
latest reply

Hi - You can get the stone back. LOL

Message 167 of 218
latest reply

Hi - Please tell me the name of some of those sites. Thank you,  L

Message 168 of 218
latest reply

Hi - I mean no harm or offense, but why are you so pro-ebay?  L

Message 169 of 218
latest reply

Deleted all my listings on 2 accounts and I will not sign up for managed payments.   GLTA

Message 170 of 218
latest reply

You should be running eBay.  Managed payments will finish them off within 24 months.

Message 171 of 218
latest reply

They are eBay staff members.  Paid cheerleaders.

Message 172 of 218
latest reply

I am.  I have been lied to on my last 5 phone calls. Although the associates may not know they are lying.  I planned on leaving last year. I figured they would kick me off selling for not joining managed payments last July. Since they have not I have been selling off what is left of my buy it now auctions but I cannot revise, relist or make new auctions. Closed my store a few days ago. At that time I was told  I would still be able to sell what was left as my buy it now listings were "forever until sold".  That is 6 lies in a row as I got an e-mail yesterday saying they would be removed June 15th. I have been putting New items on at "The Ranch".  Not going great but at least it is straight forward and it is just Paypal for me. Best to pay for extra google advertising at least with them I am now figuring. Good luck.

Message 173 of 218
latest reply

Why leave?💵💵💵

Message 174 of 218
latest reply

@oldcoin007 wrote:

Hi - Sounds good. What type things do you sell? Did you have pro help to set up a website? Thanks, L

You don't need pro help to set up a web site.

At one time I was running around 10 different sites I was selling from and I set them all up my self.

Have a great day
Message 175 of 218
latest reply

@oldcoin007 wrote:

Hi - Simply not true. To my knowledge greedybay's fees are the highest. L

They are probably higher here, I don't know.

like I said, I don't pay much attention to the fee's, just pay attention to the funds that hit my checking account.

Have a great day
Message 176 of 218
latest reply

@oldcoin007 wrote:

Hi - I mean no harm or offense, but why are you so pro-ebay?  L

I make money here.

Have a great day
Message 177 of 218
latest reply

@kinnickinnick1963 wrote:

You should be running eBay.  Managed payments will finish them off within 24 months.

Managed payments has been in use for nearly 3 years on eBay.

Message 178 of 218
latest reply

and the same Adyen system has been in place on Etsy since 2017...It's not going away...the only thing that is going away and/or will finish anything off will be the sellers who don't sign up for MP.

I don't find the MP system to be a horrible thing, I just don't find that it works for me with the few sales that I get off eBay...for me it just isn't worth setting up...just as it wasn't worth setting up when I was a seller on Etsy- just not enough sales to warrant going through the process.

Message 179 of 218
latest reply

That's not how it works, imho. eBay is an ecosystem, it's not a set of lined up stores with a fixed number of buyers passing through like a street fair. Most buyers do not get to a store or a private seller by direct links — many many sales are deriving from the fact that they are navigating the ecosystem, and it's the competition (checking better conditions, locations, shipping times, etc besides prices) that motivates the purchase, not the fact that you are the only one selling whatever it is you are selling. 

You are aware that many many buyers are also sellers, right? Sellers leaving also means less traffic and less interesting things to see which affects the ecosystem more than we'll ever understand from looking solely at our own performance.

Message 180 of 218
latest reply