cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's leaving?

I know I'm not alone with the way I feel about ebay's new pay plan. Who's leaving and what other platform have you found for selling? 

Message 1 of 218
latest reply
217 REPLIES 217

Who's leaving?

Per eBay rules, responders are allowed to tell you whether or not they're leaving.

They aren't, however, allowed to recommend other sites.  

Message 2 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

OK,MP is different other than being different what is the problem? I have been using MP for about 8 months no real problems or issues it certainley has not affected my sales. I highly doubt you will find another venue as good as ebay to sell on.

Message 3 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

Those that leave will find that:

Other sites are 1/10th of the sales here

Other sites either now or will be on a very similar payout system- their own and NOT PP. 

Message 4 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

I'm not leaving.

MP works OK for me.

My items do not lend well to selling on other sites, so I have adapted to the eBay changes for the last 20 years.

I could do a yard sale, but I expect that the sales totals would be poor, and anyway, it is raining.

As an aside. I love old radios. I have a circa 1936 Grunow, and a 54-55 Zenith

Message 5 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

Am I mean for hoping that ALL our competitors leave?

Message 6 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

Their new payment plan sucks but even if it was not great they are making major errors in the fees. So they identified 5 overcharges on my account from my sales and said they would credit me for the overcharge on fees ( their auto fee structure is set incorrectly ) to date I have not received a credit but they still prepay themselves for the fees before they give me my money.   So they are charging us for listing on eBAY then taking their fees off the total and not transferring our money for anything until we have shipped the goods and then we have to wait 3 days to get our funds after they decide we have shipped. We are pre paying for shipping and their fees on the sale of our own merchandise. Its awful. 

Message 7 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

You can list on several others. And they have more traffic in certain categories than EBay. They also aren't taking their fees before you get your money.

Message 8 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

Yes I'm sure for your business it is working.  Its clear you do not use eBay as your main source of sales.  With 326 feedback in 16 years you just are not running many sales through your eBay account.  I would guess those $65k items you have listed never make it to Managed Payments.  The people that are having all the issues with this MP system are part of the 10% that generated 40% of eBay's revenue.  Sellers like myself that do 400-500 sales a month.  Like you we now sell 80% of our sales on 4 other sites, meaning eBay is now only 20% of our business.  We do this now because we just can't keep going along with all of the crazy costing incurring programs eBay dreams up.  Yes for small sellers I'm sure this works.  For people who are in business for reals it just does not.

Message 9 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

@ea327_for_radios 

If you don't like the pay plan, you probably won't like the other sites either.

Have a great day.
Message 10 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

Why are you even on here you have no feedback, which means no sales, which means no real input of information.

Message 11 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

You are not familiar with a posting id?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 12 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

I'm new so I won't leave now for sure lol.

Message 13 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

You can list on 1000 other places; we all know what I stated is true. 10% of what it is here...if you're lucky. 

It's not like they are reaching into your bank account and taking the fees. Subtracting their fees from your Pending Payout is NOT like taking their fees before you get paid. They have to wait for those $ to be processed just like you do and most all the world has always done if doing internet and/or credit card business.

Do you think Capital One puts $125 in Walmart's Bank Account the moment you swipe the card and take those bags of 'things' out of their store??

Message 14 of 218
latest reply

Who's leaving?

@allthingssurplus wrote:

Why are you even on here you have no feedback, which means no sales, which means no real input of information.

Uh... Surely since you've been using these boards since 2007 you're familiar with posting IDs and some of the reasons people use them.

=

Message 15 of 218
latest reply