cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your Goals, Plans, Intentions for June 2021?

Each month, we like to set goals, make plans, or just put together a quick list of the things we want to accomplish, resolve, achieve, or finish during that month.  This thread has been a tradition of the Building/Starting An eBay Business boards for as long as I can recall.  It's also a chance for those participating to socialize a bit without violating board rules.

So what is it you'd like to commit to (non-binger - we all realize life happens when you make other plans!), or are working to continue during the month of June 2021?

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: What are your Goals, Plans, Intentions for June 2021?

Well, took some searching but found the new thread.  Hopefully everybody else will too.

Back from vacation.  Charleston, SC is a beautiful city (downtown).  Battery Park was nice, alot of good walking.  Day was sunny and not too hot.  Hubby toured the local Navy carrier.  We visited a plantation and went to the aquarium.  Of course always some drama with my brother, so a few days stayed in.  Weather was good.  Spent 10 days with my brother.  Then moved onto North Myrtle Beach.  Our condo was great.  Weather was cooler than I like but still enjoyed beach time.  Hated the drive there (going through the West Virginia mountains).  But as Dorothy says "There is no place like home."

Goal for this month,  since I am late in the game, goal is minimal, at 10.   Took store off of vacation setting on the 7th.  Will start reviewing items/store.  End some items and list as new later.  Will start going through the garage and screened in patio and see what I can find new to list.    Didn't bring home anything to list.  

Hope everybody is doing well and the gang gets back!

Message 31 of 70
latest reply

Sounds like a nice vacation, Debbie......getting away at long last was a pleasure, I'm sure.

Bob......the box organization.......i.e. never getting to it....resonated with me......those boxes are labeled "to do".

Clay you are moving right along........

I'm at 10 of 38 sales......and I'm trying very hard to make 4 listings a day at least... what slows me down is having to clean stuff.

Am about recovered from the small town yd sale last weekend....have everything in boxes and trying to get listed...Nothing spectacular tho got a bunch of Lifetime pots/pans for little that may turn out to be pretty profitable.  Have to clean it up a bit.  A couple of Corelle glass sets in orig boxes, one has 24 pieces "never been opened"......  Hot  here also.......supposed to go to the 70's in a few days, which I'm really looking forward to. 

Picked about a quart of strawberries from our little plot.....sure are good.  Had bought some shortcake from an Amish Lady so we've feasted a couple of times. 

Happy Sales!!!!

Message 32 of 70
latest reply

I FOUND YOU AGAIN.  YOU WERE LOST FOR A WHILE.

I HAVE 11/20 SOLD.

MY FRIEND IS STILL VISITING ME.

CLAY

Message 33 of 70
latest reply

MY FRIEND IS NOT VISITING ME.

CLAY

Message 34 of 70
latest reply

OK I SOLD `12/20 SO SO FAR.

CLAY

Message 35 of 70
latest reply

Only six orders so far, but one was for 7 items and the other was a collection of 12 elongates, so my sales dollars are up even in my unit count is a bit down.

At work, sales have really dropped off - down about 45% in both units and dollars.  The slide started pretty recently and quickly.  I'm in the process of targeting old/stale listings by group, ending, reviewing, and reposting.  It works well - when I started do the same with an earlier seasonal product line, we started picking up sales again.  So now I need to make time to do more groups, focusing on seasonal sellers and getting them reposted first.

All the bruising from my tumble has cleared up.  Still tender kneecap, but range of motion is almost 100% and a lot of the tightness when bending the knee has gone.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 36 of 70
latest reply

I am going to try posting once again.  5 orders so far/10.  Friday I sent out several offers and got some takers.  Sent out more offers yesterday and got another offer.  Sold mostly lower dollar items, but did not have money in them.  Just want to get rid of stuff.  Also took more pictures of 1 or 2 items.  Started listing them.  Also ended some listings/revised or just not going to re-list.  Just re-vamping.  I also need to update my categories.  Grouping some things in lots.

Weather has been hot and humid here.  A cool wave is suppose to come in tonight and that will help.

I don't know if it is too late to start a small garden.  Bought a few tomato, pepper, rosemary and basil plants.  I have some seeds to plant lettuce, spinach, cucumbers and different squashes.  Gonna go the raised garden route.  My Mom always had a garden and she was good at it.  I, myself, do not have a green thumb.

Bob-all the things you have planned with the grandkids sounds like fun.  Enjoy them while you can, they grow up so fast!   Also sounds like your knee is on the mend.  Just take care!

postcard-if you are selling, the market is still hot right now.  The first time we were going to sell my Mom's house, we would not have made any money.  A year later we made a very nice profit.   We sold the house "As Is".    

I miss the beach but am happy to be home. 

I think we will wait to build the shed until fall hoping that the cost of lumber comes down.

Everybody-happy selling!

Message 37 of 70
latest reply

I am slowly moving into making all my jewelry with sterling or gold filled accessories. I have found alot of good vendors (US) here on ebay and Etsy.  My sales have been very slow this month, but I think the fact that the country is opening up and people are getting out to shop is part of the reason. If anything it's nice to see people smile again. Hoping things pick up for all of us and the world can get back to normal...if that's possible.  Have a great day everyone! ♥

Message 38 of 70
latest reply

There is definitely a lot of pent-up angst, especially amongst the more mobile, younger folks.   But I do have to say, it's a lot easier to do what I do without having to breathe thru a mask - got enough issues as it is!

Sales picked up this weekend - waiting on payment for 19 elongates going to 2 different buyers!!  Makes this one of my better months in a while - and it's barely 1/2 over!!

Had a good weekend with the grands.  We had two young ladies with us from Saturday early afternoon thru Sunday after lunch (actually breakfast - we rise late on weekends, really late!).  Journey pretty much knows the routine - how much screeching is allowed, what not to mess with (most everything in Grandpa's room), etc.  Her younger newsister (age 7) is still learning the ropes and has a few bad habits that her mother, grandmother, newfather, and now newgrandparents are hoping to change... tattling being the worse at the moment.  She almost seems to enjoy it....

So we went out Saturday evening with the young ladies for Italian.  One nice step up from Olive Garden - got a change to introduce the girls to a few things they hadn't tried before (olive oil & chopped green somethings for dipping the bread, real Italian sauces), so that was good.  Like every restaurant, they were a bit short-staffed, so the girls were almost done eating before our food arrived -- they made the most of it by peeking over the wall behind them and watching the hustle in the kitchen.  Favorite was when they'd flip the steaks and the flames would go all the way past the fire conrol system and nearly into the exit vents!  Even I was a bit impressed!  When we got home, two of the four of us had upset tummies from eating too much... pasta, cheesecake (Journey) and ice cream (Isabella) combined with naturally excitedness at spending the night at Grandma's made for some groaning and moaning.  🙂

Overall a great weekend.  My tires are in storage waiting for Friday, when youngest will swap vehicles, load them back into the Expedition, and then mount them after his day ends but before they close the shop.  If he can't get all four done, he'll do the rest Saturday after his half-day.   I'm hoping he'll have time to check/replace the grille (I'm trying to install a Raptor style grille) and at least the speakers in the front doors (driver's door is dead).

Be safe everyone - drier but warm days ahead for Memphis, with the rain returning just in time for the weekend!!  Seems to be the normal summer weather pattern for the last gazillion years!  😞

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 39 of 70
latest reply

Build more inventory. Then build some more. And after that, more. 🙂

Message 40 of 70
latest reply

Even when I find this thread, it's hard to find the page I last read. The first time it only showed the first page. I'm hoping it's just another ebay glitch.

Bob, your job's decline sounds worse than mine. I'm down 35%, which is killing me since this is my income. I'm hoping it's just due to people getting out and just not being home to shop, but I also wonder if ebay goofing with categories and such has messed things up.  Search has not been my friend lately when looking for things. I imagine shoppers may have the same issues and just give up.

It sounds like you had a great weekend with the girls. Hopefully you can break the new one of her little habits.  Not getting food until the kids were almost done is awful. But, at least it was their food that came first. I have gotten really annoyed when they bring out the adults' food first and the kids sit there waiting, especially if it's Noah's since we still have to cut up his food for him, so it takes a bit to get him set up. 

Debbie, I'm glad you had a nice vacation. I just love the beach. If I could, I'd live on the beach. 

I'm in NC and we go to Myrtle (about 3 hour drive) most years, if even only for a day or two. This year down here it has not been as hot as it normally is this time of year. We're trying to plan a trip to meet my sister and her kids. I haven't seen my one nephew in I think 6 or 8 years. DH was told by his boss he cannot have time off or use his vacation days (about 4 weeks) so I am trying to figure out if I can do it alone. Noah may not cooperate without Dad along. Certain activities are Dad things and Noah is a creature of habit (and special needs) so Dad not being there for the things he always does with dad will not go over well. 

Well, I don't even know where I am with sales this month. I am kind of afraid to look. I've already had a cancellation and a return request, which both seem to hurt more when sales are slow. 

Message 41 of 70
latest reply

Sold 1 more, another offer, so now at 6/10.  It is cooler today, so I am going to work on the patio today and see what I can find.  

downright-We stayed at North Myrtle Beach.  I have people tell me it is quieter and more family oriented.  The beach was very clean.  I was able to use my walker and get to the beach, it was right in front of our condo.  It is not as pretty as the gulf beaches in Florida.  Right now we are looking at Gulf Shores for next year.  It's a challenge to find something that is pet friendly (many units are for dogs 25 lbs or less), walk-in shower, an elevator and no steps to get to the beach.  Are your daughter's going with you so they can help with Noah, and or drive on your trip?  Does your sister live in MN?

I am not surprised sales are down.  People are wanting to take vacations and get out.   Especially before school starts back.  I think it will be slow for me this summer especially with what I sell.

Everybody have a great day and happy selling!

Message 42 of 70
latest reply

If you care to answer, I'm curious as to how you pack and ship your low priced trading cards with your very low negative feedback.

Message 43 of 70
latest reply

Hi!  DRSKS!  JOEL and his wife and handsome baby boy moved to the UK today. They will be back for Thanksgiving.  My health is semi right now.  I will buy, but selling is not likely until we can handle our own money.   We will have another great-grandson in about 7 weeks.  My husband is doing pretty good.  Has a few bumps in the road.  Pass the word along.  I  will miss you all.  Happy selling to all.  Love, hugs and good health.  

Message 44 of 70
latest reply

Our grandson sold his house quickly and with a very good price.  The house was beautiful.  Grandson and his wife and 4 month old son.  They were in Tennessee.  They left for the UK this morning.  They spent all day yesterday, packing.  One of our former foster sons bought a house in Tennessee.  It has the country effect.  We are in Central PA, and houses are selling fast.  My health is so-so.  Blessings to all!

Message 45 of 70
latest reply