cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your Goals, Plans, Intentions for June 2021?

Each month, we like to set goals, make plans, or just put together a quick list of the things we want to accomplish, resolve, achieve, or finish during that month.  This thread has been a tradition of the Building/Starting An eBay Business boards for as long as I can recall.  It's also a chance for those participating to socialize a bit without violating board rules.

So what is it you'd like to commit to (non-binger - we all realize life happens when you make other plans!), or are working to continue during the month of June 2021?

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: What are your Goals, Plans, Intentions for June 2021?

This is the link to Karmy's article....everyone should read it...not because you plan to sell cards...but because he provides a pathway for just about any type of niche product...it's worth reading the entire thing....

https://www.sportscardinvestor.com/2020/12/18/becoming-a-professional-card-seller/

I have bookmarked it because I know I want to come back to it...some of the general points are so spot on...

Message 61 of 70
latest reply

I AM GOING TO UTAH TO A FAMILY REUNION.  100 PEOPLE GOING.

I MADE HUNDREDS OF BUTTONS PIN BACK, MIRROR, COASTERS.

I AM GOING TO WHOLESALE THEM FOR THE PRICE OF $1 AND  $2 EACH

I HAVE NOT SOLD ANYTHING FOR 5 DAYS. I HAVE SOLD 19/20.  I HAVE LISTED A VEACATION ON EBAY.

CLAY 

Message 62 of 70
latest reply

Currently at 19 shipments/56 purchases.  Decent month - probably the best I've had in a couple quarters! 

Had a fun Saturday - told youngest I needed a 'helper' to do some stuff at the storage space and was Journey available?  Having all three kids would be counter-productive, but I knew Journey would help.  So I picked her up around 2pm, helped youngest get all his 'stuff' out of my truck (he borrows the truck for family [5 people] trips but leaves the mess when he returns the keys) and get some of the stuff from the dining room out of the garage and into the truck.  Then off we went.

Little did he know that Grandpa had other plans!!  We stopped at Chick-Fil-A for drive-thru lunch, then headed back to the apartment.  We ate, chatted with Grandma a bit, and then the Little Lady headed off into Grandpa's bedroom to watch videos, undisturbed, on Grandpa's computer.  Later we had some munchies, talked a bit more, then got her home around 6pm.  I asked her if she liked being an 'only child', for a few hours at least, and she smiled and said "yeah, my brother can be a pest sometimes".  We talked about school, friends, and just generally caught up.  It was no trip to the Zoo, but it was fun and everyone left happy.  They have plans for the holiday weekend, so it should be quiet in Memphis.  Temporarily anyway.  🙂

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 63 of 70
latest reply

Sold one item this weekend.  So at 9/10.  Very very slow.  I have been adding new listings and refreshing old ones.  Everybody is going on vacation and I can't blame them.  It is hard to have much motivation when you are not selling.

Clay-have a good time at your family reunion and stay cool.

Agnes-glad to hear from you and sharing about your family.  Just take care of yourselves.  

Postcard-thanks for sharing the article by karmy.  I will be sure to read it.

Bob-nice you got to spend some quality time with Journey.  I had 2 brothers growing up and they could be "pests".  I always loved it when I spent a week or so with my grand-parents without them.  It made me feel special.  They had a small farm and I would help my grandma in the kitchen cooking and sometimes help my grandpa on the farm with chores.  Then they sold the farm and moved to California, got too expensive, then moved back to Ohio.  Then the visits started again till my Grandpa died and my grandma moved into a retirement facility and I got older.

The shed is suppose to be ordered today, a 12 x 16, gambrel roof so their will be roof storage.  Of course it will cost us more but will sure help in getting things out of the garage and the screened in patio.

Well everybody have a good week, I don't look for business to get better for me until the fall.  

Message 64 of 70
latest reply

@debbiet22 wrote:

Bob-nice you got to spend some quality time with Journey.  I had 2 brothers growing up and they could be "pests".  I always loved it when I spent a week or so with my grand-parents without them.  It made me feel special.  They had a small farm and I would help my grandma in the kitchen cooking and sometimes help my grandpa on the farm with chores.  Then they sold the farm and moved to California, got too expensive, then moved back to Ohio.  Then the visits started again till my Grandpa died and my grandma moved into a retirement facility and I got older.

The shed is suppose to be ordered today, a 12 x 16, gambrel roof so their will be roof storage.  Of course it will cost us more but will sure help in getting things out of the garage and the screened in patio.

I enjoyed having a large family - lots of cousins to spread the blame when we all got in trouble!  🙂  And family reunions were huge!  100-125 people, all related to me one way or another, and always being referred to as someone's son...or so-and-so's sister's kid, depending on the connections between the parties in the conversation.  And spending time on either family farm was always great -- so much room and no neighbors chasing you off their yard!!

Your shed's a bit bigger than mine.  I should have enclosed mine - sealed the gaps between the top of the side walls and the rafters of the roof.  That would have gone a long way to keeping the bugs out!  I was planning to insulate and install a small AC unit so I could work out there, but we just filled it up with stuff that was not really heat-sensitive, used bug-resistant plastic containers or bags whenever possible,  and made room in areas that were properly heated/cooled and with electrical outlets and working lights.  🙂

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 65 of 70
latest reply

Ended up with 10/10 for the month.

Message 66 of 70
latest reply

New thread has been posted for July!  You can find it here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/What-are-your-Goals-Plans-Intentions-for-July-2021/m-p/3202711... 

I finished the month good, but unfortunately I think I 'loaned' most of it out to my oldest boy -- his hours at work haven't recovered fully yet, so things have been tight for over a year.  Slowly getting better.... very slowly.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 67 of 70
latest reply

Postcard, I was sure you said moved from TN, to NJ, and I sure was confused since I knew you were in TN. That's probably pretty equivalent to us moving from WI to NC. Less cold is better for my joints, but I sure wish summers were less humid. 

Bob, that was a great idea to borrow Jouney to "help" you for the day. I bet that made her feel special. 

Debbie, that is a nice-sized shed! That will certainly help with storage. 

Sales are not getting better on my end.  I did end up with 215/250 for June, plus about 35 elsewhere, but it would be nice if it picked up a bit. I guess I got spoiled with Covid sales allowing me to pay all the bills on time! 

Message 68 of 70
latest reply

Hi!  I didn't check FB yesterday.  I got busy in a hurry because when I decided to look at eBay and found out that I sold something, and wanted to get it shipped in the morning.  I was up early in the morning to make sure everything was in order.  I had my eye doctor appt this morning.  Took a nap.  Read part of a book.  It will take awhile to read it.  I told the opthomologist that we plan to age in place.  The one twin is in the UK, because his wife and her Mother are all from the UK.  He arranges and composes music.  The company just reached their first anniversary.  It's a world-wide business.   As to why they went to the UK, I don't ask questions.  Their baby is getting adjusted.  Their music is Christian, an/or Classical.  Grandson, here bought a 2 acre farm.  It's too far for us to drive.  I had a conversation with my husband, and he decided that I can continue to try to sell.  

Message 69 of 70
latest reply

In reply to DRSK.  They (Those who are composing and arranging music world-wide.  They just celebrated the first year of the company.  It's a world-wide company.  Grandson is Assistant Professer of a University in USA.  (Spelling is not good on this one.).   His brother is in USA.  The youngest great-grandson made his entry last week.  FB is our way of communication.  Husband was in the ER for 6 hours because a bloody nose.  Son drove us home.  Husband had a problem at the end of church.  He became dizzy.  Glad he was sitting at the time.  Told Son.  Afterwards he and his lovely wife took us home.  She came to pick us up.  Son is the Pastor.  I'm going to try to get things settled for selling.  God bless you all!  Happy Sales to you all.  

Message 70 of 70
latest reply