cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your Goals, Plans, Intentions for June 2021?

Each month, we like to set goals, make plans, or just put together a quick list of the things we want to accomplish, resolve, achieve, or finish during that month.  This thread has been a tradition of the Building/Starting An eBay Business boards for as long as I can recall.  It's also a chance for those participating to socialize a bit without violating board rules.

So what is it you'd like to commit to (non-binger - we all realize life happens when you make other plans!), or are working to continue during the month of June 2021?

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: What are your Goals, Plans, Intentions for June 2021?

I'm sticking pretty much with the same goals as the past few months - continue removing my 'stuff' from our old house so my son can finally completely move in, continue trying to post at least one new item into my clearance account from my PC decomposition piles, and to continue pushing for at least one new person on my crew at work and a more organized & manageable method of bringing inventory in from the warehouses.

Special Summer 2021 goal - spend at least one weekend with the grands.  Yes - their Dad & newMom have plans for most of the summer, but PopPop still wants to be involved with the kids (and I can pay those big-ticket entry fees for some of the planned activities).  I'm thinking one trip to The Zoo, one trip to The Pink Palace Museum, and one trip to The Tennessee Safari Park.  They grow up so fast, and I buried myself in my work (contract IT development & eBay) that I missed a lot with my own kids.  This is a chance to give my grands memories that will last a lifetime (I still remember times spent with my grandparents) and the opportunity to spend a bit more time with my (supposedly now adult) kids.

Just passing down a family tradition!

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 2 of 70
latest reply

Im continuing on Mega Listing all summer a stock pile of 200k of Collectables🤑🤑🤑 Get them CC's out😁😁😁

Message 3 of 70
latest reply

@rosachs 

Bob, my only goal is to get out of this devil's playground this summer and to check on my cabin. Oh and go junking at auctions and fleas!

Already have excessive heat warnings Wed-Fri, this is nuts, it just drains all your energy!

Message 4 of 70
latest reply

Thanks for starting the thread, Bob

Well, ended up May 32/45......So will try for 38 for June.......2 so far....  Traditionally, June/July are my slowest months.  Kind of interesting.......sold some Buffalo Restaurant ware to a studio in Pittsburgh so maybe it will "be a star".....Ebay is always fascinating to me.  Years ago, I sold something to one in Cal.......had to overnite it and sweated bullets that it would get there in time for "the shot".....after all the folder all the set guy gave me, never bothered to confirm that he got it in time.....sigh.  

We thought we had a new(?) tenant for the upper apartment.......a Mrs. Robbin was carrying straw to an old nest that is above the window ledge a couple of days ago.....but we've had mucho rain and that one isn't very protected.......or maybe the rent was too high.......lol.  Haven't seen any more activity. 

Big local townwide g sale this wkend (one reason for the boxes).....so will be on the hunt Fri/Sat if the weather stays  decent........glad for it.......I need the exercise.

Happy Sales to all........

d

Message 5 of 70
latest reply

I finished May with 818/700 so I did reach goal. I'll raise my goal up to 750.

I was able to get my listings up a little over 16,000 and hoping to get it up to 20,000 by the end of June.

Happy sales to everybody.

Message 6 of 70
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@rosachs 

Bob, my only goal is to get out of this devil's playground this summer and to check on my cabin. Oh and go junking at auctions and fleas!

Already have excessive heat warnings Wed-Fri, this is nuts, it just drains all your energy!

I was in Vegas only once, and only for about an hour, maybe hour and a half.  I flew in the The Twin Cities (MN) to meet my girlfriend (soon to be fiance) and complete her move from LA to a suburb of St. Paul.  She's questioned her sanity ever since.  🙂

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 7 of 70
latest reply

Just List June....

That says it all.   I plan on reducing the unlisted part of the Maxi Global Empire.    I have held off listing items I need to take pictures of because I can't get them sharp or my eyes tell me they aren't sharp.   When the cataracts are gone I am supposed to see things better.

I will severely restrict additions to the empire...large quantity purchases or small quantity purchases.

DRSK, we would like to move sometime this year...don't know how possible it will be.  Getting too old to live on the mountain, house cost way to much to heat...but house sales are going insane.  $30,000 over listing price and a bunch of those 'selling at list price' are really just agreed prices before the house even hits the market.  New construction has slowed due to the pandemic and supply line issues.

I have heard a lot of people complaining about sales being down.   I chucked 2020 out as the exception and now am comparing to 2019.  It makes me feel better because I am doing far better than 2019 . 

Message 8 of 70
latest reply

I found the new thread at last! I had two sales on ebay yesterday and two more sales locally, so that is a good start for June. Today I had another local sale. The local sales were all no cost items for me, so all profit!

Summer sails for you like a Midsummer Night's Dream!
Message 9 of 70
latest reply

I have one buyer who's currently paid for three purchases and I just closed 4 more listings 'selling to the high bidder' to giver them a total of seven.  And one more from another buyer, so a total of 8 so far.  Not too shabby!

Spent about 15 minutes with the boss on the phone today.  He still thinks we can move the online sales from the current location to the new store.  I still believe there simply isn't enough room over there to move the inventory we have, much less add more at the rate he wants to achieve.  And during the move, I either have to 'vacation' the store or figure out how to pull, pack, and ship from two physically separate locations.  Printing the labels is not the problem - ShipWorks can be installed at both locations.  Sharing the SixBit database may get a bit interesting - mostly because the two locations are not currently sharing anything related to their internal local networks.  That would have to change.

But it's the space issue and the fact that the space he wants online sales to use is upstairs... a two-story set of stairs.  The space below has 15-20ft ceilings, so the space above is quite a way up.  I'm -not- going to be carrying inventory up and down all day -- I'll have enough issues just carrying myself up and down twice a day!  They do have better dining establishments over there... but more/better food is the last thing I need. 🙂

He's also talking about finally getting someone to ship -- I guess having me down for 5 days kinda brought home the point that having just one shipping-capable person is not a good idea.

And so the dance continues... 🙂

Knee is getting better.  I try to ice it for 15-20 minutes each evening before I go to sleep, and it's much more flexible in the morning than by the end of the day.  I may have to see if I can find a dry cold pack I can strap to my knee while I eat lunch, just to see if I can relieve some of the afternoon ache.  The bruising is nearly completely gone, but there is still a bit of swelling.

Finally got over to the rental storage space today -- dropped off several sorted boxes of stuff that needs to be racked for future recall/sales, and brought home a single smaller box of floppy disk drives.  Interestingly, they actually do still sell!  And I'm hoping my twin units (3.5 & 5.25 drives in a single 5.25 HH bay) will sell even better.  I just need an extra 6-8 hours each day... yeah, that oughta do it.  🙂

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 10 of 70
latest reply

Well generally, I want to eventually sell my items and then close my seller account. I will still be on the forms though.

Also Im praying my startup works. I got a website, social media, and a kickstarter. I even have an engraved business card lol. I'll add it if the mods are okay with it (just to show, I don't want to advertise)

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 11 of 70
latest reply

@whattheactualfox wrote:

Well generally, I want to eventually sell my items and then close my seller account. I will still be on the forms though.

Also Im praying my startup works. I got a website, social media, and a kickstarter. I even have an engraved business card lol. I'll add it if the mods are okay with it (just to show, I don't want to advertise)

@whattheactualfox wrote:

I get the feeling I'll be doing eBay from my coffin 6 months after they bury me.  🙂  My wife has told me point blank that if I go first, there's gonna be one happy eBay seller in Memphis who gets to clean out all my "junk".  🙂

Take a pic of the card, then blur any phone number or URL text on the card so it can't be construed as an off-site reference.  May need to blur the street address also (city/st/zip are not useful without the street data).  Not sure how you'd go about contacting a mod to get the OK...

One of these days I'll actually rebuild my website on my rks-solutions domain -- had one years ago, then dropped it when I closed the business.  Kept the domain, shuttered the web store.  I'd add it to my Someday list, but that list is already into it's third volume, so I'm not sure I'd ever find it again there.  🙂

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Message 12 of 70
latest reply

Bob, your posts always crack me up! (wife questioning her sanity ever since 😂)

ONE weekend with the grands?? What? Don't you usually spend quite a bit of time with them over the summer? I hope if it is really only one weekend, it's a long one. That is a lot to pack into two days!

I hope your boss reconsiders trying to move the online stuff. He isn't thinking about how difficult it will be for others. the stairs and hauling doesn't seem at all like a good idea.  Fingers crossed he finds a shipping person. 

You really did a number on the knee! hopefully you're back to normal soon!

Karmy: congrats on your May sales. Mine were dreadful. 

Postcard, I keep saying I am not going to add to my piles, but I am failing at keeping to that promise to myself. 

That is a good idea with looking at 2019 sales instead of 2020. I sure would like a repeat of the 2020 sales though. 

I just went and picked up some packing materials from someone. I'm going to give the big moving boxes to my DD, and keep the smaller and the small bubble for me. The couple I picked them up from said they were outbid on 6 houses and paid 50,000 over asking on their house and bought sight unseen. Houses are all going for over asking. I am not sure how my DD and SIL will ever be able to move. Everything is going for so much right now, but she's packing in the hopes of finding something. Her Realtor already told her she'll have to move fast and that their house will sell in days when they list it. 

I was hoping we'd be able to buy again soon, but now everything is priced so high. I hope the market calms down soon. 

Well, for June I am hoping to clear more of my piles and hopefully reach 250 sales, but I am thinking is a long shot the way things died down for me Mother's Day weekend. I also need to spend more time outside and not just try to list in every extra moment I have. 

Yme has a goal of 200 for the month. I wish they was a way we could get her back on the boards. 

Message 13 of 70
latest reply

@route66gif76

@agnes-40 

@bokhoma

@debbiet22

@kikirocksrockin 

@legessi 

@dragons4u 

I'm just tagging some of the other members so they can find this thread. 

Message 14 of 70
latest reply

DRSK,

People are moving from large cities to smaller cities.  All of Middle Tennessee is having the same housing issues.  Some realtors are telling people to find somewhere new to live first, then put their house on the market.   Had an interesting conversation with a realtor - he was looking for work during the beginning of the week then doing real estate on the weekends.  The sad part is there are plenty of real estate agents and very few houses to list/sell.  So some do well, some do not.

Already broke the 'I will not buy' because of a really good estate sale near me.  Some stuff was priced to resell ( I think they just plain got tired of looking things up there was so much) and other stuff was through the roof.   May go back Sunday (early)  to see if she has come down in her prices.  She is known to overprice, not discount and then the last day go deep with discounts.  When I was there Thursday evening I heard a lot of "I'll be back Sunday".  Seems like her whole mailing list will be back Sunday.

I put my store on 10 percent off and it seems to have picked up a little bit.  Better than doing offers ....that wasn't working.  Tried buy 2 get one free, that didn't do much.   Generalized individual discount seems better, so far.

Ya'll have a nice weekend.  I work Saturday.....and then comes Sunday.....

Message 15 of 70
latest reply