cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's New Selling Method

I am really POed with ebay replacing Paypal as the method for its sellers to receive THEIR sales money and to pay ebay's fees. I don't mind them taking their fees out which they do instantly once the buyer pays for an item, but to make me wait 3 business days before my sales earnings are available to me is a crime! They had better correct this or go back to Paypal being my money handler.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay's New Selling Method

@stargazer_oh wrote:

ebay appears to not get how some people use ebay and paypal.   I sell on ebay, money goes to paypal, and then spend that money in paypal on ebay.  This way no keeping track of payments or deposits to any other accounts, everything is in paypal. 

If you connect your eBay account and PayPal account to a new checking account dedicated to your eBay activity, then all your money will be in the same place just like before. 

And an added benefit is that eBay takes all its fees from the payment, so you no longer have to keep a mental note of your upcoming eBay invoice.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

They are not going back, you have a choice to make, sell on ebay or don't sell on ebay. Good luck with your choice.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 29
latest reply

I agree! I never give my bank account info to any online site. I will try and sell all my items by the deadline and then I’m going to delete my eBay account!!!

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

"I agree! I never give my bank account info to any online site. I will try and sell all my items by the deadline and then I’m going to delete my eBay account!!!"

We each adjust to change in our own way. 

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Ebay only asks for the same info that is on the face of your check.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

to make me wait 3 business days before my sales earnings are available to me is a crime!

It's not a "crime", it is simply how electronic transaction settlement works. "NACHA rules state that average ACH debit transactions settle within one business day, and average ACH credit transactions settle within one to two business days."

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/ach.asp

They had better correct this 

There is nothing to "correct", because Managed Payments does not determine how long it takes a transaction to settle.

or go back to Paypal being my money handler.

They will not go back to PayPal. That ship sailed when the corporate raiders forced eBay to sell off PayPal. (And I might add, those corporate raiders were cheered on by many posters on this board who were duped by Carl Icahn and his promises to "fix" eBay). 

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

"Ebay only asks for the same info that is on the face of your check."

You have your social security number on your checks? Brave.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

ebay appears to not get how some people use ebay and paypal.   I sell on ebay, money goes to paypal, and then spend that money in paypal on ebay.  This way no keeping track of payments or deposits to any other accounts, everything is in paypal. 

If the money no longer goes to paypal, I guess the selling and buying will end for me, after 20 years.  I am not going to log dozens of small deposits to my checking account just another stupid move from ebay. 

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

I am not going to log dozens of small deposits to my checking account just another stupid move from ebay.

You have the option of getting paid once a wk......which I do for the very reason you state. 

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

@stargazer_oh wrote:

If you connect your eBay account and PayPal account to a new checking account dedicated to your eBay activity, then all your money will be in the same place just like before. 

And an added benefit is that eBay takes all its fees from the payment, so you no longer have to keep a mental note of your upcoming eBay invoice.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Ebay only asks for the same info that is on the face of your check.

That's why I never gave PayPal a checking account ... I gave them a savings account which has worked well since 2001.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Same for me. Apparently Ebay doesn't want me spending money on Ebay. Classic Ebay move. Been fun. I'm out.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

The switch from Paypal to Managed Payments on eBay applies to sellers only.

Buyers can still pay the usual way with Paypal.  

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

No it won't. I agree all is the same, but before your ebay sell money was instantly available for your use on Paypal. Now those funds in ebay's hands are not available until after 3 business days.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

It's not a "crime

its a safe assumption the OP was stating such in a literal sense. It's probably more like, it should be a crime, in fact many things that corporate America forces onto the general public, does seem to bring about a sense of them being white collar criminals... The sum of the equation is twisted in a sense: eBay, the money processer, the shipping entities, the insurers and anything else I've not recognized, receive their funds on the spot, per-sa. However, the seller of the merchandise will not receive their funds until 3 to 5 days have passed.  And with out the merchandise, eBay would not exist. So, I don't know about the sheep, but the equation seems skewed to me.

There is nothing to "correct", 

Opinionated perspective with all things considered.

They will not go back to PayPal. 

Yeah, that's most likely a true statement, but stranger things have happened. Although it's probably a safe bet, Pay Pal will/would never be interested in eBay's dominating ways.

One can either go with the flow or go some other way, One can take the heat without a peep or they can raise their voice to the summit: it's what separates the sheep from the bulls.

Happy Friday, I just wanted to rant at someone and you seem to be luckthewinner. 

Message 15 of 29
latest reply