cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's New Selling Method

I am really POed with ebay replacing Paypal as the method for its sellers to receive THEIR sales money and to pay ebay's fees. I don't mind them taking their fees out which they do instantly once the buyer pays for an item, but to make me wait 3 business days before my sales earnings are available to me is a crime! They had better correct this or go back to Paypal being my money handler.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Ebay's New Selling Method

I need to make a correction to my post:

*The OP wasn't stating such in a literal sense. *

Although within the context of the paragraph, such should be obvious.

And I'm gonna blame that error on my phone, it's a tricky device. : )

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

"but to make me wait 3 business days before my sales earnings are available to me is a crime!"

Sounds like you might get upset in a real job situation where the government takes their taxes up front and you have to wait up to a week to get a paycheck.

"They had better correct this or go back to Paypal being my money handler."

Or what?  I stewed over the announcement for MP before finally signing up.  After nine weeks it is working just fine.  I've received eight timely payouts on Tuesdays and one on a Wednesday.  

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

Sounds like you might get upset in a real job situation where the government takes their taxes up front and you have to wait up to a week to get a paycheck.

Apples and oranges... How about this, One walks in to your shop, they said hey, I want this item and I'll pay you with a check, but don't cash it or deposit it until 5 days have passed, are you gonna let them have the item?

Or what? I stewed over the announcement for MP before finally signing up. After nine weeks it is working just fine. I've received eight timely payouts on Tuesdays and one on a Wednesday.  

Yeah, jumping through a hoop to get the loot, such a pain in the buts of things. My thoughts: I dIon't see any problems beaching about it. Lol

And it's Friday, and if you're an eBay seller, then Friday doesn't necessarily mean payday, thus the weekend might not be very blissful, with all things considered. : (

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

@stargazer_oh wrote:

I am not going to log dozens of small deposits to my checking account

You don't have to.

Choose weekly payouts and you'll only have 4 or 5 deposits a month.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

@welovewva wrote:

No it won't. I agree all is the same, but before your ebay sell money was instantly available for your use on Paypal. Now those funds in ebay's hands are not available until after 3 business days.

That money will spend just as good in 3 days as it would today.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 20 of 29
latest reply

Unless you want to buy something that ends on the day your item sold

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

"That money will spend just as good in 3 days as it would today."

Yeah, such is likely. But things are forever changing and what One might want to spend money on, today, could cost much more, tomorrow. Not to mention, although One might be here, on Earth, today, but there're no guarantees granted that they'll be here, tomorrow. Such is a fact.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

I agree wholeheartedly.
eBay and PayPal have had a definitive "lovers spat" and have parted ways over money.

And let's face it, eBay is under no obligation to change away from it's business model of sucking the blood of sellers and, if you'll pardon the reference, fellating buyers as if a professional.  It's working for eBay.

If I had to depend on eBay for income, I'd be way more upset with 'em.  As it is now, it's almost entertainment as the next weakness is exposed.  eBay deflects well but real eBay answers to real eBay created problems are kinda slow to make it into production, or so it feels.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

I have been with Ebay for a very long time and I have bought and sold...but these new changes that they are forcing down our throats is not the solution.   Total **bleep**.

They screwed up the seller format and tools which whomever designed that process obviously does not sell on Ebay.  Talk about confusing and flat out STUPID! 

Ebay has long been known not to be a protector of the seller.  I know that there are some really bad criminal sellers out there but the same for buyers.

I refuse to bow down to their confusing and new policies.  I am not going to give them my bank account information nor am I going to give them my SS#.   I have until the end of the month before I guess I go to Ebay jail if I don't give them what they want so at that point, Ebay will lose a seller and more than likely a buyer too.  Not that anyone gives a **bleep** but I have over the past several years just grown to hate Ebay and their practices.  I will look elsewhere for a format should I want to continue to sell.  I don't intend to be a prisoner to a corrupt selling platform.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

The money is not in eBay’s hands. As another member correctly posted above it takes an average of 3 days to settle a transaction thru the ACH system. PayPal is a digital wallet and didn’t always use the ACH system. They only used it for e-checks and to send money from your PayPal account to your bank account. PayPal fronted the money or just moved from buyers money already in their PayPal account internally to credit the sellers PayPal account instantly. 
If you wanted PayPal to send money thru the ACH system to your bank account it usually took 1 or 2 business days unless you wanted to pay an extra fee to get it sooner.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

How about this. Since most people don’t pay by check anymore. A customer walks into your shop or Wally World for that matter and pays with their Visa, MC, AMEX, or Discover debit/card. Are you not going to give the merchandise to the buyer until the payment settles and is credited to your bank account in 3 business days? Unlike popular belief, merchants whether small or large don’t get their money right away unless the buyer pays with cash. 

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

@mobley120 wrote:

Apples and oranges... How about this, One walks in to your shop, they said hey, I want this item and I'll pay you with a check, but don't cash it or deposit it until 5 days have passed, are you gonna let them have the item?

Or what? I stewed over the announcement for MP before finally signing up. After nine weeks it is working just fine. I've received eight timely payouts on Tuesdays and one on a Wednesday.  

Yeah, jumping through a hoop to get the loot, such a pain in the buts of things. My thoughts: I dIon't see any problems beaching about it. Lol

And it's Friday, and if you're an eBay seller, then Friday doesn't necessarily mean payday, thus the weekend might not be very blissful, with all things considered. : (

When that person pays with check or CC, the shop waits several days to get the money.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

"When that person pays with check or CC, the shop waits several days to get the money."

Tell me, when you get your paycheck, do you wait for 5 days to get your money. The examples you are referring to, are misleading. The funds are released when checks or CCs are used;  those days of floating checks have long since passed many many years ago, but there is a hold on most transactions, but the funds are still available to the merchant. But you can view it however you like, I don't care.

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Totally agree . Been a seller and a buyer since 1999 . Theses fees out of control especially taking more money for a final shipping fee when I don’t ship through them costing me more loss . I hardly made anything.  Now increasing again . I didn’t give my bank account either ,  I  received a notice about the changes week ago, I got so disgusted and pulled my auctions cause I wouldn’t of gotten paid . They suspended my account today that I worked busting my ass for just to make some extra money . Really sad 

Message 29 of 29
latest reply