cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have to register for 'managed payments and is so by when and how'?

Hi everyone--I would appreciate some help as I am confused as to the requirements to register for /managed payments.'  Do all user HAVE to register for this and if so BY WHEN? I have always used PayPal for payments and have no reason to switch as it's easy to understand. But is PayPal going to stop being the method of payment for sellers here? Also, where do you register for this if is is ESSENTIAL and is there a date this has to be done by?

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You only have to register for managed payments if you are a seller.   Buyers do not need to register and can continue to use paypal for their purchases.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Oh yes should have specified--do I need to register as a seller--also do you know by when and is this is a MUST?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@flipwedge57 wrote:

Oh yes should have specified--do I need to register as a seller--also do you know by when and is this is a MUST?

You only have to register as a seller if you are going to sell.   No need for buyers to register.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I just held out until they sent the notice that it was my time. Then I just clicked the link. I'm pretty happy with MP overall so far. It's more streamlined.

Here's the info and the link> https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp/payments Good luck~

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

You will receive an "invitation" when they are ready for you. It'll tell you how long you have and what you need to do. I'd suggest that once you get the invitation, don't put it off until the last minute in case there is a problem. In fact you may want to start thinking about setting up a checking account for it now. Just be sure the name on it matches your registered name on eBay exactly.

Thank you-I'm not sure if I have received this invitation-I hope I did not misplace it if I did! So there is no set date that it must be done by for all etc?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

ok thank you very much-that is good to hear! I'm not sure if I have been notified-I did receive an automated voicemail by phone but the person't line was cracking up and I couldn't make the particulars out

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

They're saying all sellers should be in by the end of 2021.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I got 3 notices total with the first giving me a 40 day heads up. I didn't click anything until I was about a week due and then started the process. 

I had done a cycle of auctions just trying to get as much through paypal as I could. So this past week was my first goround. Had 2 auction sales end sun, buyers paid immediately, shipped mon, got email tue money was sent from ebay, was in my account wed. 

I always paid my fees with each sale, so there was no extra steps after the fact and it was pretty seamless and painless. I didn't open a second checking account. I'm not sure how much longer I wanna play ebay. It's not as much fun for me now which makes me sad.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

This is an overview and some more info.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/managed-payments-on-ebay.html

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Wow-that is great information-Thanks very much!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

You will get locked out of your listing function if you didn't sign up by the appointed deadline.

You will have hand over personal financial information if you wish to continue. Nobody else asks for this much info.

I decided it was all rather hokey, so I bailed and went to Bonanza.

I should know how it plays out in 30 days or so.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply