cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures deleted from newly re-listed items!! Whats going on???

This has been reported on the seller board. All of my (and many others) newly re-listed items have the photos deleted. The thumbnail photo still shows, but when you go into the listing, there are no photos.

A few of my affected items are:

Can anyone from ebay find out what's going on and if our photos can be recovered?

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: Pictures deleted from newly re-listed items!! Whats going on???

Hi everyone, 

Our technical team is aware that listings affected by this issue when it was ongoing may be missing photos. 

When updates become available, we will share here via the community. 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 46 of 65
latest reply

SORRY! We have 18,000+ listings from 2005 to present. I cannot and WILL NOT store all that garbage in my pc. and just so you understand this is the 5th PC I've used since 2003. 

So lots of good that suggestion is.

EBAY FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 47 of 65
latest reply

That isn't going to work. If I have 13 of something, GTC is the only way to keep track of the current quantity. 

Message 48 of 65
latest reply

That ALSO doesn't work.  There is only 1 way to change a GTC to 30 days. END and then relist it.  I don't want my multiple qty items on 30 days.    The ONLY thing that's important here is for them to give us the ability to search for which items they even ARE??????

How can I replace the pics when I have no way of knowing they are missing?

Message 49 of 65
latest reply

Um question

TRINTON??

How do we find the missing pictures?? I tried searching for only MY items on ebay live, but HELPFULLY ebay includes a gallery thumbnail, so they don't show up. They removed the ability to search for so many things, not sure why.

Message 50 of 65
latest reply

Hello,

We checked again the listings we have provided as examples to eBay via SR, and the picture problem still persists. The specific listings were just provided as examples; they are not the only affected listings. Actually, we don't know the number of listings whose pictures have been affected. On the other hand, we don't have any further information from your eBay regarding this problem, and we have many questions:

1. Is the problem with pictures still affecting existing or new listings?

2. If we upload again the pictures for the affected listings, will these be lost again?

3. We have tried the Bulk Editing tool of Seller Hub, and it seems that it cannot catch the specific problem with pictures. Namely, the Bulk Editing tool "thinks" that the pictures exist for the affected listings. So, how can we determine which listings have been affected given that it is not possible for us to visit 9,500 listings one-by-one via a web browser.

Message 51 of 65
latest reply

Still having this issue as I’m noticing many listings with GTC have only 1 photo. Has any uodate been put out? I don’t want to have to go back and take pics of all this stuff again
Message 52 of 65
latest reply

Still having this issue. Cannot view listings as a buyer. 8/ 24/ 18
Message 53 of 65
latest reply

We have had at least 12 large multi listings in the last week "loose" their variation pictures. I have emailed MSO multiple times.  MSO has NOT once said there is a known issue.  We have had to restore many of the pictures ourselves because these are high sales items.  This takes DAYS to complete; not hours.  Ebay's reponse was "we have reviewed the problem and it appears the pictures have been restored".  That is because we took upon ourselves to fix so we would not have a major reduction in sales.   We have over 1500 listings of which many are multi listings.  We are worried how many other listings may have been affected.    Ebay needs to correct this problem ASAP.  

Message 54 of 65
latest reply

That's pure **bleep** **bleep**. It used to work. If we can put a man on the moon then eBay can fix this.
Message 55 of 65
latest reply

I worked in IT for 35 yrs and can't believe this issue has not been resolved yet. Who ever is responsible for this software end should be fired. This is the way my old Co would handle lazy incompetent people. EBay support personnel would not have survived in the IT World in the 70's and 80's. You would be replaced.

Message 56 of 65
latest reply

Greetings from uniqueantiquesusa here on eBay! All but one photo have been deleted from countless listings in our store. Time and love went into taking each one, and they were integral parts of our listings as they accurately show condition details which cannot as precisely be descrubed in words. Hallmarks and condition were evident in the pictures. Now we don't have that. Can you put them back for us? We have well over 700 antiques and collectibles listed, years of earnest hard work invested here, reliably good sales overall, and now our sales have suddenly dropped right off! Zero on some days now! Also, the shipping price on items has appeared intermittently, or not at all, on things we have listed for sale, as well as items we have considered buying. Forget the impulse buy now, since you have to proceed to checkout in many instances before the ship price (or is it FREE?) even gets revealed! Technological changes on eBay seem ever-ongoing, leaving sellers on a perpetual hair-pin learning curve. We're just regular people who find it difficult to keep up with your ever evolving tech savvy pro changes. Simple and direct was good. The non-stop format changes and "upgrades" aren't really working for us, they are out of control and removing important visual information, and ship rates have been absent upfront too. These changes are hurting our sales dramatically, and we can't keep up. Over designing and reformatting our listing platforms leaves basic human beings at the mercy of your tech geniuses...and with far and away fewer sales. You folks we're on the right path when Seller Protection was being addressed as necessary. But the many other perpetual "upgrades" have become too time consuming to keep readapting to. Simpler was better. Please put us on your list of sellers whose carefully taken detailed photos have mysteriously disappeared on very many of our listings. Good Luck and Thank You.

Message 57 of 65
latest reply

I'm sorry this has happend to you, but the truth is eBay will not (or can not) fix this.  As seen in the dozens of other posts about this, it's up to you to fix them. 

There are instructions in other threads on ways to try to recover the photos using Google, but if they were originally lost back in May or June they may be gone for good.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 58 of 65
latest reply

to uniqueantiquesusa Wow well put!! You should start a thread on this theme You nailed 50% of the problem in these precise words :Technological changes on eBay seem ever-ongoing, leaving sellers(and buyers) on a perpetual hair-pin learning curve. We're just regular people who find it difficult to keep up with your ever evolving tech savvy pro changes. Simple and direct was good. The non-stop format changes and "upgrades" aren't really working for us, they are out of control and removing important visual information.
Message 59 of 65
latest reply

This happened to me too. I tried to recovered the images through Google and that didn't work either. I get that they have to take down listings that doesn't fit their policy or whatever but did they really have to delete my images? I spent hours taking pictures every and they just went in and delete them! This is honestly ridiculous, it's an inconvience to us and the buyers. I don't understand, this decreases the sell on ebay, why isn't there a solution to this problem yet????

Message 60 of 65
latest reply