cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures deleted from newly re-listed items!! Whats going on???

This has been reported on the seller board. All of my (and many others) newly re-listed items have the photos deleted. The thumbnail photo still shows, but when you go into the listing, there are no photos.

A few of my affected items are:

Can anyone from ebay find out what's going on and if our photos can be recovered?

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: Pictures deleted from newly re-listed items!! Whats going on???

Same issue here.

Message 2 of 65
latest reply

Thanks for posting on tech

A bunch of sellers are reporting that 'Good 'Till Cancelled' listing are showing up without photos after being auto-relisted. Somone from ebay please help asap!!!!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Sellers-check-your-PHOTOS-on-newly-auto-relist-items/m-p/28638...

Message 3 of 65
latest reply

Same here. Photos disappearing from auto relists on GTC items

Message 4 of 65
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hioctane62 wrote:

This has been reported on the seller board. All of my (and many others) newly re-listed items have the photos deleted. The thumbnail photo still shows, but when you go into the listing, there are no photos.

Can anyone from ebay find out what's going on and if our photos can be recovered?

Hi @hioctane62 I wanted to confirm here what was discussed on another thread on this topic and say that we are working with our tech teams at the moment to get this resolved. I've reported all impacted users who have posted to the Community Boards and if anything changes, don't hesitate to let me know!

Message 5 of 65
latest reply

What to do??? Always store your listing pictures in a folder and when issues like this occur you can reload them.  I my self have a old folder for listed items. Then subfolder that can be used to identify the listings by control letters and number at the end of my listings discription. Right now as the listings relist and lose their images I just edit the listing go to the correct subfolder and reload the images. It is kind of annoying but better than waiting a week for ebay to figure out which listings are effected and if they can recover the images. After all you need pictures to sell items.

Message 6 of 65
latest reply

I would like some kind of a credit towards the $1100 worth a seller fees you guys charged me for last month for this "minor inconvenience" that we seem to be experiencing and the frustation that I had to deal with this afternoon to manually edit 38 listings that were affected before I caught what was going on. Thank you.

Message 7 of 65
latest reply

This is still ongoing, everytime a GTC listing is renewed the photos disapear. Basically we will have no photos left on any of our listings unless this stops. You can see this happen right before your eyes. Go into my eBay active selling listings and press newly listed and watch your photos vanish into thin air as the listing renew. We have demonstrated this to eBay customer service and they actually witnessed this happen live. So where to from here? Nobody knows. Unbelievable. 

Message 8 of 65
latest reply

This is still ongoing, every time a GTC listing is renewed the photos disappear. Basically we will have no photos left on any of our listings unless this stops. You can see this happen right before your eyes. Go into my eBay active selling listings and press newly listed and watch your photos vanish into thin air as the listing renew. We have demonstrated this to eBay customer service and they actually witnessed this happen live. So where to from here? Nobody knows. Unbelievable.
Message 9 of 65
latest reply

You can also change your listings from GTG to 30 day then manually relist the items if you do not have your pictures backed up in a way that it is easy to locate them.

Message 10 of 65
latest reply

This is still ongoing, everytime a GTC listing is renewed the photos disapear. Basically we will have no photos left on any of our listings unless this stops. You can see this happen right before your eyes. Go into my eBay active selling listings and press newly listed and watch your photos vanish into thin air as the listing renew. We have demonstrated this to eBay customer service and they actually witnessed this happen live. So where to from here? Nobody knows. Unbelievable. 

Message 11 of 65
latest reply

You get charged a listing fee to change from GTC to 30-day, I think; or you have to end the GTC, then relist as 30-day. (Hope this isn't a way to increase seller fees just before the end of 2Q...just saying.) I'm not affected--I changed mine to 30-day last year to have more control over format and duration edits, etc., but I feel for those who are experiencing this outrageous glitch. 😞
Message 12 of 65
latest reply

I guess your"FIX" is one option, but when you have 1500+ listings it is not a good fix. I have had this issue since May 26th...still fixing listings,

@3eyedfishcatcher wrote:

What to do??? Always store your listing pictures in a folder and when issues like this occur you can reload them.  I my self have a old folder for listed items. Then subfolder that can be used to identify the listings by control letters and number at the end of my listings discription. Right now as the listings relist and lose their images I just edit the listing go to the correct subfolder and reload the images. It is kind of annoying but better than waiting a week for ebay to figure out which listings are effected and if they can recover the images. After all you need pictures to sell items.

reported several times and I am calling again today.

Message 13 of 65
latest reply

Yes, keep track of the affected listings, I did get a refund, but issue continues. When I reported it end of May there was no other posts here, so now more buyers are putting up wit this.
Message 14 of 65
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@hioctane62 wrote:

Hi @hioctane62 I wanted to confirm here what was discussed on another thread on this topic and say that we are working with our tech teams at the moment to get this resolved. I've reported all impacted users who have posted to the Community Boards and if anything changes, don't hesitate to let me know!

Every time some of my GTC listings relist, all photos disappear. I have close to 900 listings!!!

A lot of work to have to re-take photos. So now we are being charged to list items that have no photos and will never sell because of that. eBay! Get it together!

Here are the latest round of items:

PLEASE! @Anonymous

Message 15 of 65
latest reply