cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any idea if EBAY will ?

do you think that EBAY will ever come to their senses + revise their totally seller unfriendly + ignorant payment policies ?  -  numerous sellers like myself with over 2 decades selling have been forced to abandom EBAY for other more friendly + profitable venues ! -

Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Re: any idea if EBAY will ?

@schutzen-jager wrote:

spoke to three sellers that came back + they all quit again in a short time because of Ebay policies - if managed payments is so successful why do i receive messages from them telling me how easy it is to sign up for managed payments so i can resume selling ? - i have been told by several former sellers that a large percentage of numerous new sellers become inactive in a very short period of time + become dissatisfied with Ebay policies -

@schutzen-jager 

Gossip isn't really the best way to make what could be important financial decisions.  Certainly there are some sellers that just don't like MP and refuse to deal with it.  Some have actually tried MP and decided it wasn't for them, others have never even signed up, so they really have no first hand knowledge of the system.

Since we have 19 million active sellers worldwide, the voices of several sellers as you stated isn't  even going to put a dent in the 19 million.

Unless those sellers talking with you about the stats on New Sellers have insider information, it is likely nothing more than assumptions.  And what were the numbers pre=MP? 

Lots of sellers are Casual Sellers.  They sell a few things then stop and will return a few months later with more to sell.  That is a cycle a whole lot of sellers have done for YEARS.  How do your friends know these sellers aren't coming back or what they plan to do.  

I think you are listening to people that are making assumptions to make their decision not to sell here look a little better.  The reality is that they really don't need to do that.  Each of us have every right to make the decisions for ourselves.

Now if you want to know the FACTS of how MP works, ask, I can share that with you.  Then armed with the ACTUAL facts of the program, make YOUR OWN INFORMED decision on what is right for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 46 of 75
latest reply

3. I liked getting my payments at the time of the sale, not days later, for the amount.  If I got paid on Friday I got my money on Friday, not the following Wednesday as with daily payouts and bank account delays (in the best scheduling, a holiday throws it all off).   There is a lot of fuzziness in the way ebay shows numbers on a page,  pays you and shows on a report.  I could spend a lot of time with it but it seems like they will just change everything again in 6 months so you just kind of skate with it and hope it works until the next changes and you have to skate along with those.

Message 47 of 75
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

3. I liked getting my payments at the time of the sale, not days later, for the amount.  If I got paid on Friday I got my money on Friday, not the following Wednesday as with daily payouts and bank account delays (in the best scheduling, a holiday throws it all off).   There is a lot of fuzziness in the way ebay shows numbers on a page,  pays you and shows on a report.  I could spend a lot of time with it but it seems like they will just change everything again in 6 months so you just kind of skate with it and hope it works until the next changes and you have to skate along with those.

It is what we all have to deal with in MP.  None of us have any options at this point.  It is what it is and we either need to adapt or sell elsewhere as there are no options.

I'm not sure what if fuzzy to you.  If you go to the Seller Hub, hover over the Payment tab, a drop down menu appears.  There is all kinds of detailed information there.  The Summary report is one we should all keep close tabs on to monitor what is going on with our MP account.

Will things change?  That is highly likely and most of us are really hoping it will.  This year was spent getting 19 million sellers onboarded to MP.  It is my hope that next year we will see some changes / enhancements to MP that will help us all.

If you want to be SPECIFIC about what you think is FUZZY for you.  I can try to see if there is something I know that will help as I've been in MP for quite a while.

Message 48 of 75
latest reply

definitely not assumptions but documented facts from dealing with + association with long term ex sellers including power sellers several who are close relatives - as for managed payments anyone reading + correctly comprehending the terms should think carefully before making their own decision - 

Message 49 of 75
latest reply

[  it is what we all have to deal with in MP.  None of us have any options at this point.  It is what it is and we either need to adapt or sell elsewhere as there are no options. ]

you can find numerous viable options to EBAY that value + respect their users - many listed here on other community topics -

Message 50 of 75
latest reply

@schutzen-jager wrote:

definitely not assumptions but documented facts from dealing with + association with long term ex sellers including power sellers several who are close relatives - as for managed payments anyone reading + correctly comprehending the terms should think carefully before making their own decision - 

Power Seller status has had no meaning on Ebay for many years.  It once meant something, but not for a long time now.

Again, a handful of people / sellers saying something doesn't mean that they have the opinions of most sellers.  

However your advice to carefully consider your decision on whether to sign up for MP or to go elsewhere to sell is a good one.  I've said that myself more times than I can count on these threads over the past year and a half.

But I also recommend knowing the FACTS about the MP process before making a decision as an INFORMED decision is the better decision.  Each of us just have to make the best decision we can for ourselves.  For some that will mean they will sign up for MP for others it will mean they won't.

If your friends and relatives do their research, the Ebay payment system not unusual.  It is a whole lot like the rest of the larger sites have had for years.  Ebay is the last of the larger sites to develop their own payment program.

Message 51 of 75
latest reply

@schutzen-jager wrote:

[  it is what we all have to deal with in MP.  None of us have any options at this point.  It is what it is and we either need to adapt or sell elsewhere as there are no options. ]

you can find numerous viable options to EBAY that value + respect their users - many listed here on other community topics -

Without exception, all the larger sites similar to Ebay have their own payment programs.  You have to go to a smaller site that may or may not service your needs as well as you are hoping they will.  But again this is the right of every seller to make this decision for themselves.  Hopefully with the correct facts and not the assumptions and gossip some [not you] pass around on these threads.

Message 52 of 75
latest reply

[ Power Seller status has had no meaning on Ebay for many years.  It once meant something, but not for a long time now.]

published fact on here + elsewhere they power sellers receive very prerational treatment over small time users - had 3 sisputes in over 21 years + ebay decided in favor of power sellers even when documented evidence showed them either wrong or lying - - my brother in law long time power seller has experianced this numerous times as have other honorable sellers i know personally - 

Message 53 of 75
latest reply

@schutzen-jager wrote:

[ Power Seller status has had no meaning on Ebay for many years.  It once meant something, but not for a long time now.]

published fact on here + elsewhere they power sellers receive very prerational treatment over small time users - had 3 sisputes in over 21 years + ebay decided in favor of power sellers even when documented evidence showed them either wrong or lying - - my brother in law long time power seller has experianced this numerous times as have other honorable sellers i know personally - 

NOPE.  That went bye bye when the TRS program was born.  And now the Power Seller program doesn't even exist anymore.

Are you talking about Ebay deciding claims in the favor of a seller that was a Power Seller, just because they were PS.  Well that never happened.

In October of 2018, Ebay started the Simplifed Return process and since then it is extremely hard for any seller of any size to win an INAD no matter how much evidence they have.

And in the past several years the ONLY benefit the PS program had until it was closed last year was the protection on feedback.  Buyer's could not leave negative FB on a PS if it was in less than one week from the sale.  Beyond that there was no benefit to being PS since the day the TRS program started in September of 2012.

Message 54 of 75
latest reply

almost everything you stated is totally contrary to everything i + a multitude of honorable sellers have experienced over the years - many community members are in complete agreement that Ebay policies are very unreasonable + only contribute to enhance their bottom line with no concern for users whatsoever - 

Message 55 of 75
latest reply

Almost every business will do things to enhance their bottom lines including eBay. Just like myself I’m always looking for ways to enhance my bottom line as long as it is legal and ethical. If businesses didn’t continue to do that pretty soon they will be out of business as their competitors who are will win!

Message 56 of 75
latest reply

@schutzen-jager wrote:

almost everything you stated is totally contrary to everything i + a multitude of honorable sellers have experienced over the years - many community members are in complete agreement that Ebay policies are very unreasonable + only contribute to enhance their bottom line with no concern for users whatsoever - 

The Odd thing is, I didn't say a thing about agreeing with or not agreeing with ANY "Ebay policies".  So while you seem to have a need to pass judgement on me and what I've posted, that is on you, not me.

What "policies" did you want to discuss?

There are too many sellers active on the site to like every policy Ebay has and every change they make.  No matter what Ebay does, it will never please every seller.  There are policies I like. there are policies I don't like and there are policies I'm firmly against.  So what policy or policies did you want to discuss.

Message 57 of 75
latest reply

three policies you can start with are customer service , dispute settlements , + managed payments - take the time to review all those topics on this community forums are not in ebay's favor by any stretch of the imagination - 

everybody is entitled to their opinions about Ebay , but they should be based documented facts + not biased personnel opinions -   

fwiw i do not see many posters agreeing with your comments on this topic at all  ! -

Message 58 of 75
latest reply

With over thirty million sellers, any complaints you see on the boards is but a drop in the bucket.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 59 of 75
latest reply

I've been selling for over 20 years and just started stocking up my store again a couple of months ago and was pretty ticked off to see that Ebay is now holding my money for up to 3 weeks simply because I'm not a Top Rated Seller. I am not selling at the volume I used to and only selling a couple of hundred dollars or so a month and so now Ebay has decided to hold my money until the package gets delivered. I've used MANY other platforms and there are some that wait until you enter in tracking info but I have never heard of holding your money until USPS delivers your item. Someone sent my daughter a gift in September and we JUST got it last week! It was sent Priority. 

Message 60 of 75
latest reply