cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any idea if EBAY will ?

do you think that EBAY will ever come to their senses + revise their totally seller unfriendly + ignorant payment policies ?  -  numerous sellers like myself with over 2 decades selling have been forced to abandom EBAY for other more friendly + profitable venues ! -

Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

any idea if EBAY will ?

I opted into Managed Payments during August, 2019, and haven't suffered any problems. I'm staying here for the eyeballs.

Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Message 2 of 75
latest reply

any idea if EBAY will ?

I opted into MP over a year ago and it is (in my opinion) better then PP

I have had 0 problems and payments come very quickly 

Message 3 of 75
latest reply

any idea if EBAY will ?

strange but every seller [ including 6 power sellers ]  i have contact with are totally unhappy with EBAY + especially with managed payments  !!! - 

Message 4 of 75
latest reply

any idea if EBAY will ?

@coastaltechsolution wrote:

I opted into MP over a year ago and it is (in my opinion) better then PP

I have had 0 problems and payments come very quickly 

Agreed-- far less work on my end than PayPal ever was, and no more huge invoices at the end of the month.

Message 5 of 75
latest reply

any idea if EBAY will ?

I hate to break it to you but most online marketplaces now have a payment system similar to MP where they transfer the money to your bank account.

Message 6 of 75
latest reply

any idea if EBAY will ?

@schutzen-jager wrote:

strange but every seller [ including 6 power sellers ]  i have contact with are totally unhappy with EBAY + especially with managed payments  !!! - 

@schutzen-jager ,

That is incorrect. You have just now come into contact with 2, no, 3 or 4 or 5 sellers who are happy with managed payments.

At this very late stage in the implementation, virtually all sellers around the globe are now in managed payments, so pretty much all the sellers who are still selling have accepted managed payments, whether they liked it or not.  A lot of the sellers who said they were going to leave, either didn't or have now come back because they found out that other selling sites had similar (or worse) payment systems, or that they didn't get any sales on the other selling sites.

Message 7 of 75
latest reply

any idea if EBAY will ?

@schutzen-jager wrote:

do you think that EBAY will ever come to their senses + revise their totally seller unfriendly + ignorant payment policies ?

What, the same payment policies other sites have been using for years?

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 8 of 75
latest reply

any idea if EBAY will ?

@schutzen-jager wrote:

other more friendly + profitable venues ! -

If the other sites are more friendly and profitable, why are you worried about what Ebay will do?

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 9 of 75
latest reply

any idea if EBAY will ?

have  you taken the trouble to download + checked your managed payments for correctness + errors ? - many users have had problems + worse problems with having errors corrected on a timely basis by EBAY - many posts on here about the situations - 

Message 10 of 75
latest reply

any idea if EBAY will ?

Wall Street Journal article stated that over 2% of sellers have quit EBAY + those that stayed have reported substantially lower sales + profits - 

Message 11 of 75
latest reply

any idea if EBAY will ?

@schutzen-jager wrote:

do you think that EBAY will ever come to their senses + revise their totally seller unfriendly + ignorant payment policies ? ...

No. I don't think eBay will change their position.

@schutzen-jager wrote:

Wall Street Journal article stated that over 2% of sellers have quit EBAY + those that stayed have reported substantially lower sales + profits - 

2% of sellers is not a significant statistic. There have been more new sellers registered in the same time frame to replace them.

If you don't like managed payments, then it's your choice to stop selling. There's no point in announcing your departure. The only people who care are the remaining sellers who are celebrating your departure because it reduces their competition.

Message 12 of 75
latest reply

any idea if EBAY will ?

And for every seller that abandons EBAY for other more friendly + profitable venues, there are at least two new kids on the block ready to jump in and take their place (or places). 

Message 13 of 75
latest reply

any idea if EBAY will ?

And for the Many + Many sellers that complain about Managed Payments fall basically into 2 categories:

1. Were not keeping records of sales and COGS + everything else

2. Were not Paying taxes 

Message 14 of 75
latest reply

any idea if EBAY will ?

Hi @schutzen-jager , if the comment "... forced to abandon EBAY for other more friendly + profitable venues!"  is indeed true then it sounds like you are making more money with less stress ...

As to their "ignorant payment policies" well, sadly, in many businesses people like to play with your money ... I watched over a multi-year period in industry where Customers slowly stretched out their payment terms for equipment and services ... from Net 15 days to net 30 days to net 60 days and some out as far as net 90 days.   There may be a few cases of even longer periods for vendors to wait for their money.

For myself there are parts of Managed Payments that I do not like but since I look at sales results on a monthly basis I can overlook some of their nuances ... like them?  No ...Tolerate them?  Yes.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 15 of 75
latest reply