cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments Issues

Recently, I enrolled in Ebay Mangeed Payments for sellers because the indicastion was that my selling acount would be limited if I did not switch from Paypal to Managed Payments. I have been very disappointed and frankly, I feel defrauded by Ebay, because I still have not received funds in my account from a sale 3 days ago. I miss Paypal, when I transferred the funds to my bank account myself, and the money was available the next day. I would like to hear from other disgruntled sellers and discuss ways around this inferior system.

Message 1 of 273
latest reply
272 REPLIES 272

Re: Managed Payments Issues

The thread is a bit TLDR - but simple question - my payment wasn't received in PayPal therefore I assume it's now in MP

- I received the "Congratulations, your item sold and it’s been paid for" email.... packed the order and printed the label - but no money???

So WHERE is the accounting for the money they are holding?  I wouldn't feel so hesitant to ship if I could see somewhere that clearly shows a detailed record of what's owed.   The Ebay UI is horrible so it could be hidden anywhere.  

Message 106 of 273
latest reply

@ko-marketing 

Seller hub - Payments 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 107 of 273
latest reply

me also.

I also want to know why I cant pay for shipping with my funds ebay is holding? I print a shipping label and paypal is charged for it.

Where is it list what was paid and what ebay is charging for fees?

ThAnks

Message 108 of 273
latest reply

@kpasch5911 

When you print your shipping label, look on the bottom left and choose use pending funds.

Seller hub - payment tab for your order info.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 109 of 273
latest reply

@kpasch5911 wrote:

me also.

I also want to know why I cant pay for shipping with my funds ebay is holding? I print a shipping label and paypal is charged for it.

Where is it list what was paid and what ebay is charging for fees?

ThAnks

@kpasch5911 

Here is a pic of where you will find it as @loveyourimagination49 described for you.

MP Funding a Label.JPG

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 110 of 273
latest reply

I have been on MP for 2 weeks now and it has been the worst experience I have had in the 15 years of doing eBay.  I have absolutely no problem with change and I adapt quite well to new circumstances.  Any person or business must  in order to survive a rapidly changing world.  Now having said that, MP is NOT an improvement by any means to the eBay platform.  It is a substantial downgrade for both the sellers and buyers.  eBay is the only winner here and everyone else is along for the ride.  Never ceases to amaze me that eBay treats the sellers that are their sole bread and butter like dirt.  We sellers pay for EVERYTHING in eBay from advertisements to salaries and they disregard us and any concern for our protection or security outside of ensuring they get our seller fees.  My most recent horror story with MP is from yesterday.   A return was opened by a buyer claiming the item arrived damaged.  I always purchase the additional eBay insurance so this return was covered . I issued the return label and accepted the return.   eBay is holding the amount of the sale from my payout.  Today, the buyer  filed a chargeback for the same item claiming the item was "not as described" .  eBay held a second payment . Now eBay is holding DOUBLE the money for the same item.  They are asking me to still ship the items that I sold although they are holding the money from those sells for who knows how long.   I'm at a crossroads on how to handle this and eBay's poorly trained reps are absolutely no help at all nor do they care.    eBay is not just worth the trouble anymore.   Going to look for other platforms if this is the direction eBay is headed.   Sellers ALWAYS remember that buyers follow the merchandise and eBay is nothing without our stuff on their site.  Where we all go the buyers will follow.  Don't ever let eBay tell you differently.   We have the power here.  If they don't get that, take your power elsewhere.

Message 111 of 273
latest reply

@bonefire wrote:

I have been on MP for 2 weeks now and it has been the worst experience I have had in the 15 years of doing eBay.  I have absolutely no problem with change and I adapt quite well to new circumstances.  Any person or business must  in order to survive a rapidly changing world.  Now having said that, MP is NOT an improvement by any means to the eBay platform.  It is a substantial downgrade for both the sellers and buyers.  eBay is the only winner here and everyone else is along for the ride.  Never ceases to amaze me that eBay treats the sellers that are their sole bread and butter like dirt.  We sellers pay for EVERYTHING in eBay from advertisements to salaries and they disregard us and any concern for our protection or security outside of ensuring they get our seller fees.  My most recent horror story with MP is from yesterday.   A return was opened by a buyer claiming the item arrived damaged.  I always purchase the additional eBay insurance so this return was covered . I issued the return label and accepted the return.   eBay is holding the amount of the sale from my payout.  Today, the buyer  filed a chargeback for the same item claiming the item was "not as described" .  eBay held a second payment . Now eBay is holding DOUBLE the money for the same item.  They are asking me to still ship the items that I sold although they are holding the money from those sells for who knows how long.   I'm at a crossroads on how to handle this and eBay's poorly trained reps are absolutely no help at all nor do they care.    eBay is not just worth the trouble anymore.   Going to look for other platforms if this is the direction eBay is headed.   Sellers ALWAYS remember that buyers follow the merchandise and eBay is nothing without our stuff on their site.  Where we all go the buyers will follow.  Don't ever let eBay tell you differently.   We have the power here.  If they don't get that, take your power elsewhere.

@bonefire 

I get it that the double hold on money is a real issue.  A serious one.  One that should NOT have happened.  Ebay has the ability to see that the buyer opened a claim in Ebay and then one with their CCC too.  That is suppose to be one of the advantages of MP.  All claims going through the same program.  So clearly there is an issue here.

However holding money on this transaction, while I'm with you that this is a real issue, how does that prevent you from shipping orders for other buyers?  That I don't see the connection on.

tyler@ebay 

Message 112 of 273
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@bonefire wrote:

@bonefire 

I get it that the double hold on money is a real issue.  A serious one.  One that should NOT have happened.  Ebay has the ability to see that the buyer opened a claim in Ebay and then one with their CCC too.  That is suppose to be one of the advantages of MP.  All claims going through the same program.  So clearly there is an issue here.

However holding money on this transaction, while I'm with you that this is a real issue, how does that prevent you from shipping orders for other buyers?  That I don't see the connection on.

tyler@ebay 

Hi @mam98031 - the typical process would be to release the hold initiated by the return at the time that the chargeback dispute was opened by the financial institution. 

@bonefire - I'm not able to provide account specific support, so I'd recommend requesting a callback from a payments-trained teammate so they can review this particular transaction. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 113 of 273
latest reply

In the age of the "Free 2 Day Shipping" standard set by Amazon, this puts ebay at an obvious HUGE disadvantage! Frankly it's an unthinkable oversight by ebay.  

Message 114 of 273
latest reply

Not only that, im trying to print shipping label using the pending payment and now there is not enough fund on my account to keep creating shipping labels because ebay transfer the full amount to my bank account and i need a reserve money to keep buying shipping label, this manage payment system it is a complettly dissater 

Message 115 of 273
latest reply

@coolcarcrafts wrote:

In the age of the "Free 2 Day Shipping" standard set by Amazon, this puts ebay at an obvious HUGE disadvantage! Frankly it's an unthinkable oversight by ebay.  

@coolcarcrafts 

First you need to understand HOW Amazon can offer that option and why it doesn't apply to Ebay.

Amazon can do this ONLY for products that are shipped BY Amazon from one of their many warehouses around the country.  Sellers on Amazon can't compete with that either as they ship their own stuff.  Just like ALL the sellers on Ebay.  We can't compete with that because we are shipping from millions and millions and millions of different locations.

Amazon competes with their own sellers.  It is my hope that Ebay NEVER does that.

Message 116 of 273
latest reply

I also see a departure of true value sellers and good deals - it is a real deal. Ebay no longer makes sense for me and I was likely far larger buyer than seller.

Message 117 of 273
latest reply

Managed payments has been a disaster for ebay

Message 118 of 273
latest reply

Buyer paid me on the 12th. Today is the 15th. Payment is still processing. Please spare me the. “I’m fine with it” replies from sellers who I.P.  Address is in California .

Message 119 of 273
latest reply

Yes no more selling an item and getting paid on the same day because your family needs money for rent

Message 120 of 273
latest reply