cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to get eBay to release my funds?

I just really need my funds. I've gone over this via several channels now but I had item listed for $2000 it's really a family heirloom which buyer also wanted THE ORIGINAL picture of my grandmother wearing the jacket with the president and first lady and wouldn't pay more than 1,000. I'm in a financial hardship. My cellphone is even cut off at this point. I only lowered price to $1000 because I needed the money immediately. After we came to agreement and buyer made payment only then was I notified funds would be on hold for 30 days. A full month. After bills are again due on the first. I would never have agreed to sell the item for half of what I felt it was worth if I knew I wouldn't receive immediate payment it completely defeats the purpose of why I agreed to sell for that price. Buyer received item and has since left positive feedback confirming their satisfaction WEEKS ago. I really have needed that money for weeks now. I couldn't even afford to do anything for Thanksgiving. It's only a week away now but bills are due on the first and they're giving me a date of 12/4. Anyone?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I would say no...no  matter who you call. We all have been there.

The cellphone company does let you skip a month or two...so I guess you are way behind on bills.

Most companies take a partial payment and will let you go until you can come up with the payment.

I suggest working out with companies and giving a partial payment of your bill. Just a thought.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Triple whammy

1, you are treated as a new seller until you rack up 25 sales. That means your payment will be held until then.

2, you haven't  sold in more than 90 days so your payment gets held.

3, you sold a high value item ($1,000 or more) which is another reason your payment is held.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@jaca_1205 wrote:

I would never have agreed to sell the item for half of what I felt it was worth if I knew I wouldn't receive immediate payment it completely defeats the purpose of why I agreed to sell for that price. 

You’re pretty much stuck until Bay decides to pay you.  Before you mailed the item did eBay not tell you your funds would be held for 30 days?

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

In the future do not ship until payment clears. Contact the buyer and inform them that, ebay has placed hold on their payment and the item will be delayed. Let them know they can contact ebay customer service to resolve the issue.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@gmartinez1981 wrote:

In the future do not ship until payment clears. Contact the buyer and inform them that, ebay has placed hold on their payment and the item will be delayed. Let them know they can contact ebay customer service to resolve the issue.

@gmartinez1981 

Please stop posting this inaccurate and dangerous advice.

It's not helpful because sellers can't hold off shipping. And telling the buyer to contact ebay to "resolve" the issue will do nothing. There's nothing for ebay to resolve. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

They can and they should. This seller took a huge hit because they needed the money and now they're screwed. I recently sold the first item I have in years on Ebay. Money was put on hold so the item stays with me. Told the buyer they can take it up with ebay. I'll gladly issue a refund but I won't ship it and legally there's nothing Ebay can do but tell me I'm not allowed to use their terrible service anymore. I'll recover.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

" I'll gladly issue a refund but I won't ship it and legally there's nothing Ebay can do but tell me I'm not allowed to use their terrible service anymore. I'll recover."

Yes, sometimes Ebay gets it right.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@gmartinez1981 wrote:

They can and they should. This seller took a huge hit because they needed the money and now they're screwed. I recently sold the first item I have in years on Ebay. Money was put on hold so the item stays with me. Told the buyer they can take it up with ebay. I'll gladly issue a refund but I won't ship it and legally there's nothing Ebay can do but tell me I'm not allowed to use their terrible service anymore. I'll recover.

Then cancel the order as out of stock and refund the buyer.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Whatever the reason, it is not right for Ebay to tell us to ship and THEN hold the funds for some reason.  

Ebay is not doing a good job of telling people it is NOT a yard sale or casual flea market or a clever craigs list.  In fact, I would not be surprised to see after the holidays Ebay advertising "Sell your old sneakers or cell phones in the new year..." as if it was easy and clean.  

This is the future if the citizens contuinue to allow it, and most people will. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@jaca_1205  had you read all the information on selling, you would have known that as a new seller your payments will be held.

See "payment holds" in the information posted on the right of the page.

The buyer can still do a credit card charge back or return request, positive FB or not, and eBay would rather have the money available to take from you.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

Whatever the reason, it is not right for Ebay to tell us to ship and THEN hold the funds for some reason.  

Ebay is not doing a good job of telling people it is NOT a yard sale or casual flea market or a clever craigs list.  In fact, I would not be surprised to see after the holidays Ebay advertising "Sell your old sneakers or cell phones in the new year..." as if it was easy and clean.  

If ebay tells you to ship, the money IS in your account and you WILL get it after you've proven yourself to be an honest and dependable seller. 

You can't blame ebay for "not doing a good job of telling people it is NOT a yard sale or casual flea market or a clever craigs list." YOU are the one who apparently agreed to ebay's policies without reading what you electronically signed and claimed to have read! 

It's all there in black and white and if you didn't read, you have only yourself to blame for not knowing about the holds.

It's right there in their policy: Payments on hold
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816

And why we may put payments on hold.

https://ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816#secti...

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Why would a buyer who leaves positive feedback after receiving and inspecting the item, a graded sealed item, do a credit card chargeback? Certainly ebay would have the sellers back on that situation. 🤣

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Necrothread

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Necrothread indeed... nearly 4 months old

Message 15 of 17
latest reply