cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it just me or is eBay's "Managed" Payment System HORRIBLE

It can't be just me! Last month eBay forced me to use its "Managed Payments" system. I did all of the setup and it has been in effect since then. Previously, my incoming and outgoing payments went through PayPal and it worked OK for me. NOW, it's a total mess. They have payments going into and out of my BANK account, without me knowing what it's for (if you look for an explanation, there is NONE). Fees show up days/weeks after transactions occur. I couldn't do a "Partial Refund" for a customer, because that option wasn't available for that transaction.

I don't see ANY benefits, to me, to have this new system in place. Quite frankly, the entire system stinks. My accounting is off and I don't know what I have and haven't been paid for.

I'd love to know if anyone else is unhappy about this new system (I've been selling on eBay for almost 20 years and never had problems like this before). Maybe if enough of us hate the system, they'll get it fixed (I'd rather have payments go into and out of a dedicated account (like I had with PayPal.  I also used that account for my eBay purchases... It just worked). 

This is so bad that I'm going to have to stop selling on eBay and find another marketplace for my sales.

I'd appreciate any thoughts and comments from others.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

It's certainly takes more effort that paypal......but if you put some time into to it, you'll soon discover most of the answers to your questions......  Go to Payments section and start clicking on all the topics and anything blue... 

It is what it is.......and it's here to stay.........certainly your choice as to whether to stay or not...

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I'd appreciate any thoughts and comments from others.

I converted 6 selling accounts to Managed Payments at the end of November band have had no issues whatsoever.

All my fees and shipping are taken out of my available funds, and the net is paid out to me every Tuesday. 

The transaction detail and payout detail explain to me exactly what happened and when if I even feel the need to check.  

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

The negatives far outweigh the positives in my opinion. I sell something on Thursday and the payout for Thursday isn't sent until Monday...then it isn't in my bank until Tuesday.  It is killer have money tied up that I use to be able to use right away to reinvest back into the business. 

Even at the moment I am dealing with an issue.  A payout was sent out Friday and it still hasn't hit my bank....maybe it won't show up until Monday??  I usually get the payments Saturday morning that are sent out on Friday but not this time.  So unreliable.   

With Paypal at least you had your money the next day or if there was an emergency you could have it in seconds by paying 1%.  

Ebay needs to ease off the greed a little. Charging fees on shipping (when they easily could give us a break when they see what we pay for the label) and I hear they even charge a fee on sales tax. 

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I don't see ANY benefits, to me, to have this new system in place. Quite frankly, the entire system stinks. My accounting is off and I don't know what I have and haven't been paid for.

Generate a Statement inside Managed Payments ("MP") to see each and every transaction taken place, it is in the form of a .csv file used for Excel.  As for being unable to know your accounting, generate a statement from your financial institution.  Lastly, build a reserve inside your bank account to cover your mishaps.  You will find that MP is 1000 times better than the previous eBay/PayPal arrangement.  I find it to be wonderful.

This is so bad that I'm going to have to stop selling on eBay and find another marketplace for my sales

And you will only have the "same problems" over there, if not worse, that you are complaining about here which is barely anything at all.  The PayPal Juice is finally over.  Make more dough with MP.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I haven't been switched over yet and don't look forward to it.  My annual subscription for my Basic store comes up in June so I am waiting to see if I get activated by then.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

It takes a little bit to get used to it, but after you do, it won't be a problem.

I chose weekly payments so it's a lot easier to keep track of.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

This is just another money grab by Ebay. I do not trust them enough to give them my Social Security number. Ebay gets hacked often, accounts get hacked. I will start selling on US Audiomart and Audiogon. Ebay will make a fortune on this, just by holding on to peoples money for days they will make millions, just another money grab.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I agree.. I changed and 5 days after I sold items I still haven’t been paid... transactions just show as “processing”... as a rule I don’t send items out until I have the payments... I don’t understand why it would take so long??

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

making a partial retunr with MP is easy to do ...........its simple and you could have done it

not knowing how to do something can make you upset about using a new program

you should learn how easy it is to do a partial refund and you might feel better about the situation

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

My only complaint is the 4 business day / 6 day with a weekend wait for a payment. Other than that, it's fine.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I KNOW how to do a Partial Refund... the option wasn't available for THIS TRANSACTION. I was on an eBay chat for more than an hour and THEY couldn't figure it out!!!

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Seems to be taking 3 days for money to clear into my bank account from selling via managed payments system.  I've never encountered a business that would send me a purchased item until funds are cleared at their end. At this rate I will need to state in my listings that items will not ship until funds clear, approximately 3 days. 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

eBay needs to fix this Quick! The longest shipping option they have is 3 days, yet they are going to hold your money for 5-7 days before you see it? Do they expect the buyer to wait that long? The fees are more this way also!

Go back to PayPal!

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

You should be using a two-tier banking system.

NEVER EVER GIVE EBAY / ADYEN ACCESS TO YOUR MAIN BANK!

Get a second free online bank. Send deposits there. These deposits are moved to your main bank which eBay & Adyen does not have access to. They can't get blood out of a turnip!

MP = Loss of Credit Card Rebates on eBay Expenses - A 2% Price Increase For Us If We Had Signed up

MP = FVFs on Sales Tax They Collect (12.55% most Categories Versus 2.9% PayPal)

$300 Item  x 10% Sales Tax = $30 x 2.9% Paypal = $.87

$300 Item  x 10% Sales Tax = $30 x 12.55% MP = $3.77

$300 Item (10.2% FVF + 2.9% PayPal) Before MP = $39.30

$300 Item x 12.55% FVF MP = $37.65

Credit Card Reward of 2% on eBay Fees of 39.30 Before MP = $.79 + Interest

Lost Credit Card Reward of 2% on eBay Fees of 37.65 = $.75 + Lost Interest

Before MP $39.30 + $.87 - $.79 = $39.38

MP $37.65 + $3.77 = $41.42

$2.04 (5.2%) Price Increase + Lost Interest

The above does include shipping on which FVF is also charged.

eBay Saves Millions off the credit card processing fees on the eBay fees you are no longer able to charge to your credit card. They make money of sales tax collection by forcing you pay a fee plus they earn millions in interest on the sales tax.

EVIL!

Message 15 of 19
latest reply