cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it just me or is eBay's "Managed" Payment System HORRIBLE

It can't be just me! Last month eBay forced me to use its "Managed Payments" system. I did all of the setup and it has been in effect since then. Previously, my incoming and outgoing payments went through PayPal and it worked OK for me. NOW, it's a total mess. They have payments going into and out of my BANK account, without me knowing what it's for (if you look for an explanation, there is NONE). Fees show up days/weeks after transactions occur. I couldn't do a "Partial Refund" for a customer, because that option wasn't available for that transaction.

I don't see ANY benefits, to me, to have this new system in place. Quite frankly, the entire system stinks. My accounting is off and I don't know what I have and haven't been paid for.

I'd love to know if anyone else is unhappy about this new system (I've been selling on eBay for almost 20 years and never had problems like this before). Maybe if enough of us hate the system, they'll get it fixed (I'd rather have payments go into and out of a dedicated account (like I had with PayPal.  I also used that account for my eBay purchases... It just worked). 

This is so bad that I'm going to have to stop selling on eBay and find another marketplace for my sales.

I'd appreciate any thoughts and comments from others.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Is it just me or is eBay's "Managed" Payment System HORRIBLE

@rgb_rob wrote:

Seems to be taking 3 days for money to clear into my bank account from selling via managed payments system.  I've never encountered a business that would send me a purchased item until funds are cleared at their end. At this rate I will need to state in my listings that items will not ship until funds clear, approximately 3 days. 

When you shop at a store and use a credit/debit card, don't they let you walk out with the merchandise?

Have a great day.
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

In my case, it's not me, it's you

MP has been great, but I don't depend on needing to get paid immediately, so for those who do, maybe not so great.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

The new managed payment system is terrible for sellers and only good for eBay. I will be leaving eBay after 12 years. I have sold my last item with them and have found a new platform. I have also sold off my stock in eBay as I feel it will drop greatly due to their changes. 

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

"I have sold my last item with them and have found a new platform. "

That statement would carry more weight if you did not still have active listings up. Just saying.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply